Engine 1 issues

Scott Gist

Well I’ve been at it all day trying to figure this out with no luck. The problem is engine 1 does not seem to work in many ways. First I tried to use the EFB to just set ready to taxi state, but engine 1 just sits at N1 of 3 and N2 of 25. Engine 2 starts normally. If I hit CNTL E it appears to start and N1/N2 match engine 2. At this point it appears to be running, but now I have little control. After calibration (Honeycomb Bravo) via MSFS and the EMB as explained in the tutorial when I advance the throttles to max engine 2 goes to 92.9 N1 and 93.7 N2, engine 1 only goes to 28-29 N1 and 65-66 N2 and fluctuates +/- 2. The problem is also present in reverse thrust, engine 2 gets 60 N1 and 80 N2 in reverse, engine 1 only 26 N1 and 63 N2 with a +/- fluctuation of 1-2%. I have read through all the forums her and tried many thing, but no luck. Any help would be appreciated.

Thx

Well in that case, I’m not sure.  Hans will be on here in the morning I’m sure to help you.

Perhaps try just setting just one axis for now.

Well, two days of nonstop troubleshooting with no luck, tried clear community folder, new control profiles with nothing in them but throttle control and this problem persists. I try to set the plane for “ready to taxi” on the EFB and engine 1 won’t get above 26% N2 and still fluctuates when throttles are move to Max or TO. Frustrated, this is just not flyable like this.

I have exactly the same problem as he never, the number one engine does not start us me it goes down in percentage all the time, I sat for 4 hours yesterday trying without it helping

In the Controls settings in MSFS you can search key bindings by inputs. Please take your time and search if your bindings are correct especially the axis. It is probably as Hans mentioned a binding that interferes.

• Thanks 1

vor 2 Stunden , Scott Gist sagte:

I created new profiles for all input devices where there is nothing assigned except the throttle axis in my Bravo throttle and the problem persist.

I was just online with @PetterWS and we created new empty profiles for all hes controllers (so basically we emptied everything). The ENG started normal and did not shut off. He also has the Bravo and we cleared that also.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Scott Gist said:

I created new profiles for all input devices where there is nothing assigned except the throttle axis in my Bravo throttle and the problem persist.

Check the bindings for fuel shutoff as well

• Like 1

Hi I have the same problem, it seams to be in the fuel flow on the #1 engine, if when starting #2 watch the FF when it reaches 450 the engine spools up but #1 never passes 50. need to find out why the FF is not increasing

On 3/18/2021 at 6:40 PM, GEK_the_Reaper said:

In the Controls settings in MSFS you can search key bindings by inputs. Please take your time and search if your bindings are correct especially the axis. It is probably as Hans mentioned a binding that interferes.

But don't just look for "throttle". Look for any "always on" type switch that can prevent the engine from starting. Like fuel cutoff, fuel pump, etc.

• 1 year later...

Had the same engine indications. I cold and dark state the N1 and 2 rose immediately to N1 3 and N2 to 25. I puzzled for hours. After hours I noticed the engine start switch on the Alfa yoke was in the start position. Turnes that switch to off and the N1 and N2 indications turned to 0. Never thought of that before. 

• Upvote 2