Can’t assign keys to AP functions

4 hours ago, eurYV4U said:

It also seems that the standard simevents for the ap altitude, like AP_ALT_VAR_INC, don't work. 

These should work

alt increase:

(L:ASCRJ_FCP_ALT_CHANGE, Number) ++ (>L:ASCRJ_FCP_ALT_CHANGE, Number)

alt decrease:

(L:ASCRJ_FCP_ALT_CHANGE, Number) --(>L:ASCRJ_FCP_ALT_CHANGE, Number)

vor 3 Stunden , bLindye sagte:

These should work

alt increase:

alt decrease:

That at least sounds like something I might be able to work with, although I'm not quite sure on how to use these with the Python Simconnect library I'm using. Where can I find a list of these Simvars? 

8 minutes ago, eurYV4U said:

That at least sounds like something I might be able to work with, although I'm not quite sure on how to use these with the Python Simconnect library I'm using. Where can I find a list of these Simvars? 

I looked those from devmode’s Model Behaviour tool. I don’t know if there is list anywhere. @Mathijs Kok said few weeks ago that they are looking if they can release list of L variables after release.

vor 8 Minuten, bLindye sagte:

I looked those from devmode’s Model Behaviour tool. I don’t know if there is list anywhere. @Mathijs Kok said few weeks ago that they are looking if they can release list of L variables after release.

Cool, didn't know this existed. Thanks :D
It seems like these L:Vars can also be found in the XML files you can see in the Model Behaviour tool. So for the CRJ550 these are the CRJ550.XML and CRJ550_INTERIOR.XML under aerosoft-crj\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft_CRJ_550 and then either the model or model.DALKI folder. That's at least also searchable when not using the sim. But it seems these L:Vars are a bit harder to do with the Python library :/

4 hours ago, bLindye said:

These should work

alt increase:

alt decrease:

Sorry but I don't understand what this is. Can you elaborate?

Thanks!

14 minutes ago, Chaxterium said:

Sorry but I don't understand what this is. Can you elaborate?

Thanks!

Local variables to increase and decrease altitude selection via Simconnect. These can be used with external software like Axis and Ohs for example.

Just now, bLindye said:

Local variables to increase and decrease altitude selection via Simconnect. These can be used with external software like Axis and Ohs for example.

I see. I don't use Simconnect so I have no idea what you're talking about. My apologies.

I haven't been able to assign any keys to adjust the altitude knob within FS2020. Are there any solutions?

2 minutes ago, Chaxterium said:

I see. I don't use Simconnect so I have no idea what you're talking about. My apologies.

I haven't been able to assign any keys to adjust the altitude knob within FS2020. Are there any solutions?

Yes, you need some 3rd party software for that. Those software are not plug and play so you need some knowledge.

I’m using Axis and Ohs to bind everything on my Honeycomb Alpha, HC Bravo and Xtouch Mini.

So basically you bind a key in Axis and Ohs and tell it to use script when that key is pressed (or rotary knob rotated et ). That in my first post is a script to control the altitude knob, so for example if you bind some rotary knob in AAO and tell it to use that script, then you can control the altitude inside sim.

Just now, bLindye said:

Yes, you need some 3rd party software for that. Those software are not plug and play so you need some knowledge.

I’m using Axis and Ohs to bind everything on my Honeycomb Alpha, HC Bravo and Xtouch Mini.

So basically you bind a key in Axis and Ohs and tell it to use script when that key is pressed (or rotary knob rotated et ). That in my first post is a script to control the altitude knob, so for example if you bind some rotary knob in AAO and tell it to use that script, then you can control the altitude inside sim.

Ok that makes a bit more sense then. I am using the TCA Joystick and Throttle Quadrant so I'll have a look. 

Thanks for your help!

12 hours ago, bLindye said:

These should work

alt increase:

alt decrease:

Hi,

I'm using this method with the P3Dv5 CRJ (and many other addon aircraft) and FSUIPC6 (Lua scripts reading and writing LVars). But it seems this is not supported with FSUIPC7 and MSFS2020. Lua script doesn't find any Lvars? 

Skip.

Never heard about AAO before. After figuring it out for an hour, it works. I can now change my altitude with a rotary button. Thanks everyone. Hopefully I can find the LVAR for heading and speed also.

1 hour ago, ernieball74 said:

Never heard about AAO before. After figuring it out for an hour, it works. I can now change my altitude with a rotary button. Thanks everyone. Hopefully I can find the LVAR for heading and speed also.

FWIW - I can still control airspeed and heading with the built-in FS controls mapped to my joystick. It's only the AP increase and decrease reference altitude that I can't control with them and this jet. I fly VR nearly all the time and I sorely miss that alt function. Using the mouse is very, very tricky in VR. I may purchase AAO but right now I have FSUIPC7 and find it hard to justify yet another utility and especially just for that one control setting. Hopefully Aerosoft will make a change that enables its control via hardware.

Archived