General Xbox Controller issues. Rudder & Throttle

Hey, I am using an Xbox controller, which works fine for the default aircrafts, but doesn't work at all with the CRJ.

1. Rudder: I have to tap the triggers to gain at least a little control.

2. Throttle: It behaves super weird. Mostly it works to increase thrust, but going back it only jumps in the detents from Max / Toga / Climb. I can neither jump back to idle, nor can I choose anything in between any of the detents (how it should be and usually is). If I want to do it with the mouse, then the throttle quadrants jump back (one by one) to Idle first. Once in Idle I can use the Xbox controller again to add thrust and as long as I stay below the Climb detent, I can also decrease thrust.

Edit: Another thing that might or might not  be related: The status page on the EICAS doesn't show the input during controls check, even though the yoke in the cockpit and also the outside animations of the ailerons etc. are there. 

I too am having this problem. I'm currently trying to find a fix. There are options to mess around with the throttles in the EFB. Not sure exactly what they do though.

EDIT:

Ok I believe I have figured it out. I went into the calibrate throttle and pressed default and it fixed itself for me. Try this out and see what happens.

vor 35 Minuten, Chad Roberts sagte:

EDIT:

Ok I believe I have figured it out. I went into the calibrate throttle and pressed default and it fixed itself for me. Try this out and see what happens.

Will do that tomorrow and eventually confirm. Thanks for sharing.

1 hour ago, piri said:

Your instructions worked out. Throttle is working now as it should. Just the rudder issue persists.

glad it worked for you!

16 minutes ago, SimWare said:

We are working on the rudder with Xbox.
We will post about this later.

The rudder is somehow binded to the rudder trim instead of the rudder axis in the sim.

16 minutes ago, CnR said:

The rudder is somehow binded to the rudder trim instead of the rudder axis in the sim.

I can confirm this. The default num 0 and num Enter keys are the only way I can steer the aircraft on the ground currently.

Do you know when the update should be released.  Kind of hard taxing a plane with the rudders.

I guess the people who you gave copies to in order to display a working system had ways to combat this.  Granted they are probably using rudders and quadrants.

Been flying more with the CRJ and I've encountering some situations where the triggers on the controller control the rudder just fine. I can't seem to accurately replicate it but it has happened a couple of times. When I was able to control the rudder (and front wheel) on the ground, I noticed the rudder animation works fine but the nose wheel is stuck at 0 degrees despite my newly acquired controllability. 

• Aerosoft

16 hours ago, RiceMaiden said:

Been flying more with the CRJ and I've encountering some situations where the triggers on the controller control the rudder just fine. I can't seem to accurately replicate it but it has happened a couple of times. When I was able to control the rudder (and front wheel) on the ground, I noticed the rudder animation works fine but the nose wheel is stuck at 0 degrees despite my newly acquired controllability. 

Whaen this happaen again, please gather as much info on the circumstances as possible and let us know via our support ticket syste: 

https://helpdesk.aerosoft.com/portal/en/newticket?departmentId=353346000000006907

Archived