Can't set Autopilot altitude bug with keyboard binding

WaitingForGuacamole

The stock autopilot allows Ctrl-PgUp and Ctrl-PgDn to set the altitude bug for the autopilot rapidly. That binding does not appear to work in the CRJ550. As a result I have to use the mouse on the autopilot panel, which is tricky because it's at an oblique angle, and I can't zoom the screen far enough in to read the PFD and also have the autopilot altitude wheel in view and usable. I therefore have to get close to the altitude I want, then switch to the PFD, zoom in, and then switch back over to enter the exact number of dial clicks needed to get the correct altitude set.

Isn’t there any walkaround this issue? I consider this an essential binding. As the PFD is quite small, I have to fly zoomed in a way that I only ser the 3 left EFDs. The FCP is not in sight nor is it selectable as a separate window. This is enough to place the aircraft in the corner of my hangar, which is unfortunate, as you have done a great job with systems and visuals. 

The standard MSFS commands for changing HEADING, and VERTICAL SPEED work perfect in the CRJ same as default aircraft.. 

Why does  the standard MSFS commands for changing the ALTITUDE setting in the CRJ  NOT work in the CRJ as it does for all default aircraft ?  Thanks !  It can be pretty difficult to turn the ALT knob for several seconds to change it for about 38000 feet .

Sorry, understood, no problem.  I was just confused why  MSFS standard code could be used to change headings and vertical speeds  but NOT altitude. Not a programmer but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived