Can't set cruise altitude

WaitingForGuacamole

Well not gone that high (maybe that is the issue?) but the 24000 I entered worked fine.

Found this online - 

Maximum Operating Altitude? - 41,000 feet

Question: CRJ can't reach cruising altitude. Set FL380 climbing on 345 and stop. Trying V/S - 100-400 fpm aircraft is slowing down and descending. It depends of wind?

Please login to display this image.

1 hour ago, Hans Hartmann said:

It can fly FL430 if it's very light. The maximum altitude entry in the FMS is 41000 according to the FMS manual.

If I fly a TBM930 on High altitude IFR, MSFS assigns altitude up to 31,000. If I fly a Citation Longitude, it assigns altitude between 42-44,000. If I fly an A320, MSFS never assigns altitude over 39,000 feet. What I'm saying here is that if MSFS observes maximum altitudes for those aircraft, it should for yours as well.

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, jodle said:

Question: CRJ can't reach cruising altitude. Set FL380 climbing on 345 and stop. Trying V/S - 100-400 fpm aircraft is slowing down and descending. It depends of wind?

Please login to display this image.

You might simply be too heavy for that flight level. 

Archived