Activating the Reverser (Advice) please.

I dont understand how to activate the reverser. I have a single axix throttle from thrustmaster. T160000M and I have binded a button on my hardware throttle, but if I press it, it doesn not activate it. Can someone please point me into the right direction? Would be very much appreciated. These are my settings. Everything else is working. I have done a full flight, just without the reverser. What settings do I need to change. Or what I have done wrong. 

Thanks in advance.

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

Same issue, and the advice given about binding a button to "Decrease Thottles" and reversing the axis does not work.  I'm using a CH Products Figher Stick ... I think we need a different solution or some better / more complete advice.

Spent some more time with the reverse thruster, it will work if you assign a button as advised to the Throttle 1 Decrease and the Throttle 2 Decrease, however, I don't have the Reverse Axis toggle clicked.  Also, the visual behavior of the throttles in the cockpit don't really behave properly, but the thrust reverser does seem to activate correctly and looks correct from the exterior view.  I haven't checked yet on what this will do for other MSFS aircraft if left in this configuration.

• Developer
1 minute ago, Bob Brodeur said:

Spent some more time with the reverse thruster, it will work if you assign a button as advised to the Throttle 1 Decrease and the Throttle 2 Decrease, however, I don't have the Reverse Axis toggle clicked.  Also, the visual behavior of the throttles in the cockpit don't really behave properly, but the thrust reverser does seem to activate correctly and looks correct from the exterior view.  I haven't checked yet on what this will do for other MSFS aircraft if left in this configuration.

This shouldn't really be a problem since you can store multiple setups for each controller and change them on the fly.

I got it working by assiging a key called decrease throttle. And it works. BUT only full reverse. Is there a solution for example. "reverser a bit"?  I think there is no need for always Full Revers.

• Developer

Is there a "DECREASE THROTTLE SLOW" in MSFS? This might help, if it exists. FSX had a slider where you could set the repeat speed but I haven't found that in MSFS so far.

gerade, Hans Hartmann sagte:

Is there a "DECREASE THROTTLE SLOW" in MSFS? This might help, if it exists. FSX had a slider where you could set the repeat speed but I haven't found that in MSFS so far.

Sadly didnt found it yet. I went through the whole settings. 

Several quick flights in now - personal opinion is that this CRJ is quite simply amazing. I was expecting a solid step up from what was currently available in MSFS and this has exceeded my expectations by quite a large margin.  Great job Aerosoft!

• Developer

According to your screenshot you have a TWCS. I would recommend to assign one of its buttons to HOLD THROTTLE REVERSE THRUST and then use it for the reverser. This should give you better control over it.

vor 1 hour , Hans Hartmann sagte:

According to your screenshot you have a TWCS. I would recommend to assign one of its buttons to HOLD THROTTLE REVERSE THRUST and then use it for the reverser. This should give you better control over it.

For me nothing happens when assigning this to a button. Same thing for "Toggle Throttle Reverse Thrust". Every other aircraft works this way. I don't want to use "Throttle Decrease" because it only applys full reverse thrust.

Same issue here: Toggle Throttle Reverse Thrust button is not working, activating reverse with a mouse's not working either.

I made a suggestion over here on how it would be great using the thrust reverser system based on my settings for the other airliner in FS2020. Besides this thread is a tutorial on how to configure the Honeycomb Bravo.

Wow I was just trying to figure this out.  So if I'm reading this right I have to hold a button to reverse thrust?  This seems VERY poorly designed.  As mentioned by others, every other aircraft in the sim can use the "toggle reverse thrust" bind.  Press it once, move throttle forward and the reverser open and slowly increase as the throttle is pushed forward again, then reverse the procedure after.  If I'm going to have to deal with that, I now instantly regret purchasing this thing if this is how "high end" airliner addons are going to work for this sim.

Managed to get the button working. I think it would be great to have some feedback when you have engaged reverse thrust. Maybe that's why many people are confused about it not working? At least for me the reverser handles on the throttle don't appear to move. Is there another way to tell other than the movement of the plane? There is no indication on the actual engine model either.

• Aerosoft

Currently, the only ways to us the reverser are : Either the reverse portion on the Throttle lever axis, either the DECREASE THROTTLE function assigned to a button.

Was is really sad and surprising for such an AAA high level aircraft is that it does not support the official MSFS reverser functionnality.

In MSFS you have a reverser variable which is used with 2 buttons function. "HOLD THROTTLE REVERSE THRUST" will set to ON reverser variable only as long as the button is pressed and "TOGGLE THROTTLE REVERSE THRUST" will invert the state of this variable, each time the button is pressed.

When this variable is ON, the normal throttle axis will command the amount of reverse thrust. When OFF, the throttle behave normally.

On my MSFS, I have binded "HOLD THROTTLE REVERSE THRUST" on a button of my Thrustmaster sidestick and to control the reverse after landing, I keep pressed this button, while setting the amount of reverse thrust I want with the ordinary throttle command on my sidesick (I don't use nor have a pedals device).

I would really love to be able to do the same with my two CRJ !

Please, Aerosoft, improve your reverse functionnalities to support MSFS reverser variable and therefore, allowing such kind of settings !

PS: in the waiting of better days, I have solved the CRJ reverser problem by binding ANOTHER FREE sidestick button to the MSFS "DECREASE THROTTLE" function. This way, when I click this button, with throttle fully OFF, I obtain full reverse and when I use the throttle again, even for a small amount, immediately the reverser close. Unfortunately this solution do not allow to choose or modulate the amount of reverse thrust you want.

• Aerosoft

Dear ACSoft,

We will check this.
Currently only the two solytions above ar possible.
We will check for the future updates.

Archived