CRJ 550: Displays frozen, nothing seems to work, but switches still move

Miro Khouzam

I have experienced this issue in the FAQ twice on the ground, on the CRJ 550, at the flight plan stage; once when I was adding arrival information (i.e. ILS Runway/Star) and another time when I attempted to delete/add waypoint.  The error was:

The WASM Exception error was:

"c000001d in gauge MCDU1V in module c:\Users\me\Appdata\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_*\Local\Cache\Packages\Community\aerosoift_CRJ_550\panel\ASCRJ_550.wasm"

I also experienced the sim crashing again when attempting to add ILS/Star information in the air..  Therefore I was unable to obtain the error code. 

So far I attempted 3 flights on the CRJ550 with all of them failing.  I will try my luck with the CRJ 700.

I can send a screenshot of the WASM error if required.

My System Specs:  i7 9700K, GTX 1070TI and 64gb of ram.

Thank you for your help.

• Developer

Thanks for the report. I will try to track this down. Can you give me the full flight plan and the position in the plan where you tried to change/add the STAR (and which one)? Without more details, it's near impossible to track down the issue.

I understand.  I will try to do it by memory.  They're quite simple plans actually.  :)

First plan:  CYYZ/15L DEDKI MIGLO HABBS CYUL/24R 

Second plan:  KCLE/06R PFLYD1 PATRC DCT FINGL NUBER3 CYYZ/05 (neither PATRC or FINGL existed).  Tried to go directly to NUEBER3 STAR

Please let me know if you need any additional information.  I will try the same thing in the 700 to see if it behaves differently.

Regards.

For what it's worth, I had the exact same issue and error message fiddling with CYUL arrivals.

In my case I was on the ground manually inputting a KIAD-CYUL flight plan and it consistently locked up when I was going back and forth the Dep/Arr pages to input the STAR and ILS at the tail end of the flight plan.

I will try and record a video to catch it next time.

4 minutes ago, Miro Khouzam said:

Thank you for confirming. Otherwise, I have no performance issue whatsoever.  It seems to be quite smooth.  

Likewise!

Hello,

I ran in to essentially this exact same issue earlier with the CRJ550.  I was playing around quickly before I left for work so couldn’t delve more deeply.

At the time I was on the ground at KORD inputting a flight plan to KPHL ending with EWC JST BOJID2 KPHL.  I input the flight up to and including JST.  I then went to arrival/departure page for KPHL, selected the BOJID2 arrival, then JST transition, then scrolled through the pages to my desired approach.  I attempted to select ILS27R approach and the displays were then frozen but switches/knobs etc still functional.

I hadn’t seen the FAQ about error codes yet and had to leave for work anyway.  If needed I can attempt the same thing tomorrow and find an error code.

Thanks

On 3/16/2021 at 10:11 PM, Miro Khouzam said:

I have experienced this issue in the FAQ twice on the ground, on the CRJ 550, at the flight plan stage; once when I was adding arrival information (i.e. ILS Runway/Star) and another time when I attempted to delete/add waypoint.  The error was:

The WASM Exception error was:

"c000001d in gauge MCDU1V in module c:\Users\me\Appdata\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_*\Local\Cache\Packages\Community\aerosoift_CRJ_550\panel\ASCRJ_550.wasm"

I also experienced the sim crashing again when attempting to add ILS/Star information in the air..  Therefore I was unable to obtain the error code. 

So far I attempted 3 flights on the CRJ550 with all of them failing.  I will try my luck with the CRJ 700.

I can send a screenshot of the WASM error if required.

My System Specs:  i7 9700K, GTX 1070TI and 64gb of ram.

Thank you for your help.

Following. This has happened to me twice tonight. Inputting Arrival info ILS and just Froze completely first time. Had to crash the sim.. Then the second time the aircraft stopped animating completely, switches still switched but nothing changed or working in the cockpit or outside. 

Just for additional information, I tried same plan of CYYZ to CYUL in the 700, and everything was picture perfect until I reached TOC.  At that point, went to setup arrival information and I got as far as selecting the ILS and the SIM froze instantly.  Only way to exit was to end the task from the task manager.

Thank you. 

39 minutes ago, Miro Khouzam said:

Just for additional information, I tried same plan of CYYZ to CYUL in the 700, and everything was picture perfect until I reached TOC.  At that point, went to setup arrival information and I got as far as selecting the ILS and the SIM froze instantly.  Only way to exit was to end the task from the task manager.

Thank you. 

Same. Very frustrating 😭😭

FWIW let me post my "frozen" experience here so you may hopefully find a way to get rid of it.

Basically it happened 3 times when I tried to select ARR rwy for ARR airport when no departure airport was selected. I have 3 instances where that happend:

1. Silly me wanted to fly the 500 from Saba to TNCM. Since Saba is not in the FMS database I just selected TNCM as arrival and when I clicked on RWY10 for ARR rwy the system came to a hold. Luckily I was still at the ramp...

2. So I restarted the flight, tried same as above and again the system crashed, no clicks/entry accepted

3. Thought I learned and instead started flight from TNCM to KEYW. All fine, flying FL280 and - silly me again - ran out of fuel. Engines out = electricity out = FMS dead. Deployed the RAT and FMS came back on but "empty". So I decided to cheat, added some gallons of fuel, restarted engines and decided to continue to KEYW. Remember, FMS still empty like after a cold & dark start with 1 and 2, above. So I selected ARR airport KEYW. Then I wanted to select ARR rwy RNAV10 and again: system froze. 500 still flew, engines responded to throttle but displays frozen.

maybe that helps

Same issue was at cruise FL380 went to arrivals page to select approach then all the screens froze attached is the error code I got from Dev mode.

The flightplan: KSLC CGULL1 TWF J12 DNJ DCT CHASS DCT KALW

Please login to display this image.

Archived