Crj refusing to lift off

Amzos71

I have been trying to takeoff but plane is not lifting off...I have the flaps set but strangely it does not lift off after reach vr speed...am I missing anything

• Developer

Isn't VR the speed where you should rotate and the aircraft lift off?

Or do you mean 10 or 20 knots after VR?  If it's the latter, you can check the MSFS fuel window and check the Empty CG Position slider:

Please login to display this image.

It needs to be all the way to the right. You have to resize the window before the slider becomes visible.

1 hour ago, Amzos71 said:

I have been trying to takeoff but plane is not lifting off...I have the flaps set but strangely it does not lift off after reach vr speed...am I missing anything

I was having the same problem even with the CG set as directed.  I reinstalled the plane and it works correctly now.

Same problem with me, some times it takes to 220 knots to rotate. Tried everything. It’s clearly a major bug, trim, flaps, cg calculated, everything loaded in the Fmc, NOTHING. Can’t even take off to fly the plane without at least 10,000ft.

Same for me.  I have tried resetting the aircraft, cg is correct, etc.   Needs tons of speed then all of a sudden it goes from glued to the ground to instantly up and climbing.  Something is wrong.  Plus, If I use the Alt knob a few times I always get a CTD.

10 minutes ago, ual763 said:

Are you all using the classic or modern flight model in MSFS settings?

Sadly not on my computer to check, but if you do not have this problem please let me know what you are using 

2 minutes ago, Ryanpatt said:

Sadly not on my computer to check, but if you do not have this problem please let me know what you are using 

I am using the Modern Flight Model.  The last sim update may have messed with those settings.  The CRJ does seem to lift off a tad bit later than V2, but I can easily rotate at VR in sim

19 minutes ago, ual763 said:

I am using the Modern Flight Model.  The last sim update may have messed with those settings.  The CRJ does seem to lift off a tad bit later than V2, but I can easily rotate at VR in sim

Appreciate the help hopefully tomorrow I can come back with good news.

YESSSS. Thx ual763. This was it. Takeoff is good now. Somehow something swichted my simulator to Legacy model wich caused the problem. So to make it clear to others: MSFS hast to run in MODERN flight model. Flying in legacy model will cause exactly the problems described here...

Archived