Rudder control not working on an xbox one controller

pretty much as the title suggests I have no Rudder control using an Xbox controller every other control surface works fine. I can even use the rudder through the keyboard shortcuts with no issue..

I'm having the same issue. Looks like the CRJ doesn't recognize very well the 'Rudder Axis Left' and 'Ruder Axis Right' joystick assignments that are used by the Xbox Controller. There was an MSFS update that split the trigger axis in two (one for each trigger). Before that, it was just one axis controlled by the two triggers.

CRJ recognizes the 'Rudder Axis' assignment and it works well, but it's not possible to set up the triggers using the 'Ruder Axis' because they are two different axes and the 'Rudder Axis' only accepts one.

Doing some tests, I found that the tiller and the rudder works partially using the Xbox Controller triggers. If you fully press the trigger, the tiller and the rudder doesn't work, but if you press gently, the tiller and the rudder works and the aircraft turns.

So the problem is: When you fully press the triggers, the rudder and the tiller don't work. There is also zero movement or animation of the nose landing gear, rudder pedals and the rudder when using the triggers, despite the aircraft (partially) responding to the inputs.

I have the same problem, the rudder control with the x-Box controller doesn’t work. But I can use the ruder control with the keyboard. Also the thrust control via the keyboard doesn’t work in the CRJ. The ruder and thrust control via the keyboard or the x-Box controller work's with every other aircraft I bought for the MSFS2020.

For me it doesn't either. At least not as it should. If I keep tapping the trigger, then I can at least slightly control it.

34 minutes ago, thokle said:

You are not seriously flying with a Xbox controller???

A lot of people fly with controllers don't judge us. Heck, I fly the a32nx on vatsim with a controller and I've been doing just fine. But going back on topic rudder axis does not (seem) to work with the CRJ for some reason but every other aircraft I have flown works just fine.

Considering the xbox one controller has anlog input on the triggers I don't see why it's impossible to add ruder axis on the controller for this aircraft

4 hours ago, thokle said:

Whenever the subject is Xbox Controller, there is always someone who comes to complain that people are using an Xbox Controller as if they were committing a crime.  I always ask myself: Why?  

There are people who use only the keyboard to play MSFS and they are enjoying it. How? I don't know, but I'm not keep saying that they shouldn't just use the keyboard. If they have purchased the simulator, they have the right to use as they wish and using the peripherals that they want. And a good aircraft addon should work with any peripheral people can use, included the keyboard

I think some people just want to find an excuse to show off their $2000 setup with hoje, thrust levers, rudder pedals and say this is the bare minimum to enjoy MSFS. No kidding, I've seen people doing this on the MSFS forum

• Aerosoft

The rudder is currently only recognized as a single axis "RUDDER AXIS"
You can't assign is to the "RUDDER AXIS LEFT" and "RUDDER AXIS RIGHT"

If SimWare is right, then please Aerosoft change that.

With no rudder control it is not enjoyable to use the CRJ. I am also pretty sure that most people who use an Xbox controller do not want to or just cannot get any other peripherals. 

I am having similar problems with x-box controller and rudder control.

Only way for me to move the rudder is to use the keyboard. Which is not easy when using vr.

Unfortunately no idea when my rudder pedals will be arriving. Ordered in October 2020.

Yeah, I've been having this issue as well. The throttle also doesn't seem to work properly with an Xbox controller. I've only been able to change the throttle detent by mashing the increase/decrease throttle button for a few seconds, but don't have any control more than that. Thanks for looking into it.

On 3/17/2021 at 7:44 AM, thokle said:

Asobo has actually done a really good job at making a controller work without it feeling overly gamey. I'm someone who's moving around quite a lot for work, so for someone like me having a super light setup (laptop, mouse, & controller) that I can easily fit into my backpack has been an absolute godsend.

vor 3 Stunden , GiantDwarf sagte:

Yeah, I've been having this issue as well. The throttle also doesn't seem to work properly with an Xbox controller. I've only been able to change the throttle detent by mashing the increase/decrease throttle button for a few seconds, but don't have any control more than that. Thanks for looking into it.

Asobo has actually done a really good job at making a controller work without it feeling overly gamey. I'm someone who's moving around quite a lot for work, so for someone like me having a super light setup (laptop, mouse, & controller) that I can easily fit into my backpack has been an absolute godsend.

I´m using the x-box controller from time to time and against all odds, yes it´s working quite well except the rudder with the CRJ. Throttle works perfectly with A and B after you entered once the EFB throttle calibration page, validate, save the defaults. It could be necessary to restart MSFS. 

Kind regards

Norbert

I don't know the surprise about using a Xbox controller. I've been on flightsim for years and have always used the xbox controller. I like it, it does the job... 

I have the same issue so would be nice if Aerosoft could fix it :)

I love to play MSFS with xbox controller. Works very fine with every plane, so i dont know why i should pay some hundred euros for a more professional setup.

Hopefully aerosoft will update the crj soon and make it playable with controller.

Did the settings in the EFB, but A and B button looking still not working very well, in comparrison to other aircrafts in the sim.

On 3/19/2021 at 10:51 AM, SimWare said:

The update with the Xbox rudder support will be available next week.

Is this officially?

Another thing, i use the throttle in the button A (increase) and B (decrease) but doesn't work for me any advice for this?

Thanks in advance

vor 2 Stunden , DeltaFlight84 sagte:

Is this officially?

Another thing, i use the throttle in the button A (increase) and B (decrease) but doesn't work for me any advice for this?

Thanks in advance

Archived