APU Help

Patrick Cullen

Hi All,

Hope someone can help. This is more then likely something I am doing wrong, but any help is appreciated.

When I load into the aircraft and select cold and dark and turn on the battery I still have no APU showing if the door is open or closed on the STAT page, so I can't turn on the APU, see image attached. 

Any help is appreciated, thanks

Please login to display this image.

• Developer

You have to wait until the four yellow bars turn into the word "CLSD", then press the PWR/FUEL button, wait until the APU IN BITE message disappears from the right EICAS display and then press start.

• Developer

Well, it shouldn't be more than a few seconds. I think this is an initialization issue.

You can try to select Cold & Dark (or better Turnaround and then Cold & Dark) in the EFB (aircraft page) and then switch on the battery again. It should reset things properly. When you switch on the battery after that, the dashes should disappear.

15 minutes ago, Hans Hartmann said:

Well, it shouldn't be more than a few seconds. I think this is an initialization issue.

You can try to select Cold & Dark (or better Turnaround and then Cold & Dark) in the EFB (aircraft page) and then switch on the battery again. It should reset things properly. When you switch on the battery after that, the dashes should disappear.

Tried the above and reading the tutorial, still no luck.

It seems when I first load into the flight sim the door says off, however as soon as I go into cold and dark the yellow bars don't change no matter how many times I change from turn around and back to cold and dark. 

@Mathijs Kok @Hans Hartmann Got it working, so what was happening was on the EFB the default state was in 'turnaround', so when I clicked cold and dark and turned on the battery the yellow bars didn't change. However, I changed the default state to 'cold and dark' and it is now working fine. Thanks

• Developer

There are issues with the aircraft initialization (the sim initializes it several times while loading the flight and there's no precise method to find out if the flight is actually loaded or not). This is #2 priority on my list (#1 being the CTD that a few people have during loading).

Archived