CTD using VR - but only with CRJ

Akorn

Thanks for a great aircraft!

I mostly fly VR (Oculus Rift S). But MSFS crashes everytime i enter VR mode in the CRJ. Also if I am in VR mode when I load a flight using the CRJ MSFS crashes during loading.

It has not happened with any other aircraft.

Did I miss som information about conflicts with CRJ and VR??

Anybody else have CTD with VR??

B/R

Lasse

Mathijs, You are legendary in your fast and friendly responses!

I'm sorry to report that I have been through all the steps in your link, and I'm still CTD'ing as soon as I switch to VR mode. I'm going to have to investigate this further. There could be so many reasons. Without VR my experience with the CRJ is that it is very stable and working really well. I get this error in the event log. It doesn't mean anything to me... at all.

FlightSimulator.exe
      6040b793
      FlightSimulator.exe
      6040b793
      c0000005
      000000000188bf77
      313c
      01d71aae55745e38
      C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.14.5.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
      C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.14.5.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
      3298d174-13ca-4dc5-9572-676fbaea32f3
      Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.14.5.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
      App

I am having this problem also.  It works fine until you enter VR mode, then instantly crashes to desktop. I am using an Oculus Rift and have not been able to use the CRJ in VR mode.   

I am in VR also but my CTD is consistent with manipulation of the ALT knob.   Over and over, but only when I start messing with Alt.  I have followed all the CTD tips in the faq.  Unfortunately something is wrong there.  I have zero add ons installed.

6 hours ago, scifiman said:

I am having this problem also.  It works fine until you enter VR mode, then instantly crashes to desktop. I am using an Oculus Rift and have not been able to use the CRJ in VR mode.   

I'm using Oculus Rift S. Maybe that's what we have in common? I'm using the Oculus beta to get rid of constant flashes. And my Nvidia display driver is rolled back to an earlier version to avoid stutter in VR. But these are workarounds that make MSFS flyable at all in VR. So I don't really want to change that. But I will anyway for testing later today. 

Scifiman and me who have the exact same problem are both Oculus users. Others are G2 or have another CTD problem (related to altitude knob).

I have now tested the Official release version of Oculus software (not the beta branch) and the newest NVIDIA driver. CTD still happens as soon as I enter VR mode.

I got vr to work with my oculus rift.  I had to engage the VR mode while still in the main menu.  If I waited to to engage the VR after the airplane and scenery loaded it would crash to the desktop.  I hope this helps some people get there to work.  

I may have posted to soon.  Unfortunately, I cannot get VR using my oculus rift to work with this aircraft again.  I was able to enjoy it one time when I engaged the VR in the main menu and then loaded the aircraft, scenery, and flight.  But now it crashes to the desktop no matter when I engage the VR if I am loading either aerosoft aircraft.  Not sure what I did differently that one time but no luck since.  Sorry for giving some false hope.  

I also experience frequent crashes in VR (G2) an havn´t been  able to finish the tutorial flight yet.

The CTD usually occurs when manipulating the MCP (Heading, Altitude, Speed) 

EDIT: It just crashed at the departure gate as i pressed the APU button at the OH panel.

same issue with ctd when entering vr

However when entering vr from splash screen and setting up flight before hitting "fly" the crj loaded successfully and no ctd.

Flew for an hour no issue.

On 3/20/2021 at 1:50 PM, Nepomuk said:

I also experience frequent crashes in VR (G2) an havn´t been  able to finish the tutorial flight yet.

The CTD usually occurs when manipulating the MCP (Heading, Altitude, Speed) 

EDIT: It just crashed at the departure gate as i pressed the APU button at the OH panel.

Same for me. Using Rift S with frequent CTD very often when manipulating switches (mostly MCP and FMS-CDU))

Im also now getting this (on a G2) when loading the CRJ from the desktop and then switching into VR. I did manage to load the tutorial flight from paderborn and that seemed to be stable but now its CTD regardless of which airport I try and start at.

So I assume you tried it *without* VR and it works so that's how you know it is a VR crash?

Most of us fixed our crashes by not using AI traffic.

That is correct Thx1137.  It works great when not in VR.  However, the majority of time it crashes when you engage the VR.  It just has been my experience that it depends a lot on the airport.  I can get to work at some airports but not other.  Interesting about the AI traffic.  I will have to see if reducing or turning it off helps.  Thanks for the info.  

I am getting CTD within 5 seconds after switching to VR.  Non VR has no issues whatsoever. I use VR with other airplanes and no CTD with those.  I removed everything from my Community folder and reinstalled the CRJ fresh and still CTD when switching to VR.  I have the Oculus Quest 2 and tried this using the link cable as well as with wirelessly with Virtual Desktop and same result.  The only thing left for me to try is to roll back the Quest and Nvidia drivers to earlier versions.  I also tried loading at different airports.

Archived