Was working, now nothing..(III!)

SantaGrapes

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

Same problems on my side. First load is fine, but as soon as I login a second time nothing works. No battery nor external power avail, the EFB only glows a lighter grey but doesn't open when clicked.The rudder pedals are stuck to the left, the nosewheel is stuck at 90 degrees and numerous other issus. To get the aircraft to work sometimes I have to uninstall, reinstall, reboot the game, and load the sim which gets tedious and time consuming.

I understand the problem is being looked into and I understand you're all working hard to fix this issue. I'm just disappointed I can't use an aircraft I payed 65$ CAN for. Thank you for taking the time to look into this.

Same problem.

I can start the APU, the external position light work...

tried  a flight with a32nx, no problems

when I load the cRJ still no power

I started to have this problem when I set in to,load cold and dark in the tablet options. Maybienit is related ?

1 hour ago, SantaGrapes said:

Sorry everyone that my fluke fixes aren’t helping anyone.

Thank you all for showing that I was not alone in this issue!

Thank you for starting this thread! I was worried, but now I'm glad to know I'm not alone!

Good Morning everybody,

Yesterday I tried any fix mentioned in this forum, but no luck. I even use the repair function for Msfs2020.

The only way to get in this bird is to delete those 8 m-files and go to the complete initialisation process.

Than I saw the best addon plane for Msfs2020. In VR with the Reverb G2 it is such a beauty plane. Congratulation Aerosoft.

But I am realy frustrated, that I can not use it without initialisation. Every second restart of the plane means dark displays and going through all things mentioned above.

My system specs:

I9-9900k@5.0Ghz

64GB RAM@3600

RTX3090

Win10pro on M2

Msfs2020 on second M2 (moved via Move Function under System/Apps/Flightsimulator

Take care all

Uwe

• Developer

The problem is still being worked on. I don't think it's related to the CTDs. It's rather a problem during aircraft initialization after loading (e.g. the aircraft doesn't get the trigger required to start things). We're about to start testing a possible solution for this.

1 minute ago, Hans Hartmann said:

The problem is still being worked on. I don't think it's related to the CTDs. It's rather a problem during aircraft initialization after loading (e.g. the aircraft doesn't get the trigger required to start things). We're about to start testing a possible solution for this.

I haven't experienced a crash to desktop so far. Thank you for the updates!

vor 7 Minuten, Mathijs Kok sagte:

and have you tried this?

I tried this some minutes ago, as I was scanning the whole forum for possible solutions. 

Nothing changed, the problem remained the same. 

What I tried aswell is making an exception in Windows Defender and disabling my other Anti-Virus Software, but no change whatsoever...

• Developer
Just now, Tm Scw said:

I tried this some minutes ago, as I was scanning the whole forum for possible solutions. 

Nothing changed, the problem remained the same. 

What I tried aswell is making an exception in Windows Defender and disabling my other Anti-Virus Software, but no change whatsoever...

Can you describe me the way you loaded the aircraft (and started the flight)? If possible step by step. The chances for a quick solution are higher if I can reproduce the problem myself.

vor 11 Minuten, Hans Hartmann sagte:

Can you describe me the way you loaded the aircraft (and started the flight)? If possible step by step. The chances for a quick solution are higher if I can reproduce the problem myself.

Sure thing. 

So first I made sure everything is up to date (MSFS, Windows, ...), the community folder is totally empty and nothing with SimConnect is running in the background. Then I downloaded the aircraft normally from you website (where I purchased the aircraft). I then started a flight from a gate (MSFS started as admin) and after the initialization everything seems to work. I can turn the EFB on, start the engines, etc. Then I quitted to main menu and restarted the flight at the exact same gate. The second time loading the aircraft is dead, EFB won´t turn on, no electrical power and ailerons and rudder locked in a weird position (I sent screenshots and the video of CaptainStudd shows exaxctly the same position). 

Now what seems to fix this issue is deleting the m-files in the localstate folder, which starts the initialization again and makes the plane working one time. 

Please let me know if I missed an important step,that you may need to replicate this problem. 

Thanks in advance, 

Tim

1 hour ago, Tm Scw said:

Sure thing. 

So first I made sure everything is up to date (MSFS, Windows, ...), the community folder is totally empty and nothing with SimConnect is running in the background. Then I downloaded the aircraft normally from you website (where I purchased the aircraft). I then started a flight from a gate (MSFS started as admin) and after the initialization everything seems to work. I can turn the EFB on, start the engines, etc. Then I quitted to main menu and restarted the flight at the exact same gate. The second time loading the aircraft is dead, EFB won´t turn on, no electrical power and ailerons and rudder locked in a weird position (I sent screenshots and the video of CaptainStudd shows exaxctly the same position). 

Now what seems to fix this issue is deleting the m-files in the localstate folder, which starts the initialization again and makes the plane working one time. 

Please let me know if I missed an important step,that you may need to replicate this problem. 

Thanks in advance, 

Tim

Hallo Tim,

Same procedere here. Same results.

Cheers

Uwe

1 hour ago, Tm Scw said:

Sure thing. 

Thanks in advance, 

Tim

Same procedures for me except I bought the product from the integrated sim marketplace.

I just reinstalled the sim again. Nothing in community and picked the CRJ 700. First flight was fine. Went back to the main menu and chose the 550. Started the plane and all screens are dark. Tried using the 700 again and it too is now dark.

Plane purchased from MFS Store.

Possible solution my friends!

Delete the old Simconnect.cfg

Located under user/documents.

Uninstall KinteticAssitant!!

Normal behavior of the plane now!!!

A User of Youtube wrote that he has the same problems with the CJ4. Thanks to Brandon.

I tried it and Bingo.

Have a nice day.

Cheers

Uwe

Vor 1 Stunde, Red1963 sagte:

Possible solution my friends!

Delete the old Simconnect.cfg

Located under user/documents.

Uninstall KinteticAssitant!!

Normal behavior of the plane now!!!

A User of Youtube wrote that he has the same problems with the CJ4. Thanks to Brandon.

I tried it and Bingo.

Have a nice day.

Cheers

Uwe

YOU ARE MY HERO!!!!

I did not have time for extensive testing yet, but I could load the aircraft multiple times without issues, so I am quite optimistic, that this solved the problem. 

I did not even had KineticAssistant installed anymore, but the SimConnect.cfg was still lying around. Funny, what a few lines of code can do...

Thank you very much and have a wonderful weeked!

• Developer

It seems that a solution was found by red1963. A Simconnect.cfg created by an older version of another add-on was slightly malformed and caused the whole Simconnect system to not work anymore.

Please find the solution here:

I will close this thread now. If you still get a dark cockpit after applying the fix, please create a new thread.

Archived