Was working, now nothing..(III!)

SantaGrapes

Again, following the tutorials I am STILL not able to either turn on the EFB or APU when the aircraft is loaded into the sim.

Please stop closing this thread because you think I don’t know how to follow the tutorials!

See the photo attached: the EFB lights up, but does not get to the aerosoft logo splash screen and stays lit grey.

Please login to display this image.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Developer

Sorry for the closing but you said the problem was solved. We lock the threads that are answered so we can keep track of what's incoming.

When the aircraft is first loaded, it a file conversion process is started which can take up to 10 minutes. For some it's synchronously for others asynchronously. If it's the latter, you can move switches and knobs but nothing happens. After some time (up to 10 minutes), the displays should appear. This only happens when the aircraft is loaded for the very first time.

Please check this and let me know if it works.

Hi there

When I initially ran the first ever flight with the CRJ, it took a bit of time but yes all the screens opened up and ran fine.

I left it for another 25mins just to make sure everything was fine.

then, I restarted the flight by going to the main menu and changing the departure airport, and now, just as I’ve mentioned before, the screens are black with no change whatsoever (even after 10mins).

Yes, by clicking it once?

“To power-up the EFB simply click the display – after a few seconds you are going to see main screen.”

I get the first image I posted to this forum still :(

• Developer

As the EFB is lit but nothing shows on it, I think something has crashed. The question is what and why.

Can you follow the instructions in this post and check if there's any exception message in the console window?

1 hour ago, Hans Hartmann said:

As the EFB is lit but nothing shows on it, I think something has crashed. The question is what and why.

Can you follow the instructions in this post and check if there's any exception message in the console window?

it seems to be possible XML errors? The blue line (and all below it) is where I started my second flight, after which things crashed (first flight had no issues).

2 minutes ago, Hans Hartmann said:

Type "WASM" into the search field. There's not error message visible on this photo.

no WASM issues here...

20 minutes ago, Hans Hartmann said:

OK. Thanks. No error message. I'm not sure what's going on then.

UPDATE:

I did some more digging and found that the errors seem to happen when the plane first tries to initialise, and not upon recalling it (when restarting flights etc.)

The first time I loaded the plane (clean install, after/during the 8-10 calibration period), I got the following WASM errors:

However, the plane seemed as if it loaded up normally, and didn't affect anything. I did a full flight, and nothing was an issue.

Then, restarting the flight, I was greeted with no panels and a blank (but lit) EFB, with the following exception error codes:

ASCRJ_DEBUG: Exception: 3/1/11889

ASCRJ_DEBUG: Exception: 3/1/11890

... as well as a few XML errors, pertaining to trying to create visibilities without a valid Node Reference:

@Hans Hartmann@Mathijs Kok any ideas? Hope this helps solve this issue!

• Developer

These Simconnect exceptions always appear after initialization. They don't hurt anything though. The sheer number of error messages is actually normal. There are always tons and tons of messages which have absolutely nothing to do with the CRJ.

15 minutes ago, Hans Hartmann said:

These Simconnect exceptions always appear after initialization. They don't hurt anything though. The sheer number of error messages is actually normal. There are always tons and tons of messages which have absolutely nothing to do with the CRJ.

So strange, then. I really don't know the problem! Still reinstalling MSFS2020, and will report back once finished.

2 hours ago, Hans Hartmann said:

After a complete reinstall, I'm still getting the issue. Please help!

This was taken during the initialisation period of the CRJ (during the first 10mins of it loading in the WASM modules).

Surely these Coherent GT errors are an issue? @Mathijs Kok@Hans Hartmann

I am quite sure that I am not the only one facing this issue.

• Aerosoft
1 minute ago, SantaGrapes said:

I am quite sure that I am not the only one facing this issue.

As far as we know, you actually are.  If you know more people who have exactly what you have, please ask them to comment in this post. 

7 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

As far as we know, you actually are.  If you know more people who have exactly what you have, please ask them to comment in this post. 

@scottie2950 and @tshuff both mentions the same problems that I've been facing under the 'systems' section of this forum.

POSSIBLE FIX:

I installed the SDK (devmode—>help—>SDK installer) and then reinstalled the CRJ with the installer .exe in the same drive as my FS installation, with highest privileges (run with administrator).

it seems to be working now (no issues when restarting flights) but I do ask for this thread not to be locked for at least a few hours whilst I double check that it’s working.

This fix is defining YMIM and is probably more luck than anything!

45 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

At least three different people have reported in this post alone in a thread I opened and I saw two other threads with the same issue.

I am having the exact same issue!

Loaded in once nicely, but the second and third time the aircraft was totally unresponsive. The rudder and the front gear was locked in a position like I was turning to the left and the ailerons had a weird position aswell (please see screenshots). It is the same in both variants, by the way. 

I can not click on any button (well, actually I can, there is sound, but nothing happens) nor can I start the EFB. 

And yes, I know how to start from cold and dark, because I prepared myself with the manuals. I was really looking forward to flying this aircraft and now I´m stuck on the ground and in the aerosoft forum... 😞

What I tried so far:

- reinstalling the CRJ

- resetting the CRJ by deleting the files in the localstate folder as stated in the FAQ

- removing all other addons to make sure, there is no mod conflict

Actually, I am glad that there are more people out there with this issue. 

I was already questioning myself...

Hope this can be fixed soon, I am a little bit pissed right now, to be honest. 

Regardless of this issue, I am admiring the amazing work on this aircraft, but exactly this is what triggers me most: That I can not try it right now!

3 hours ago, SantaGrapes said:

POSSIBLE FIX:

I installed the SDK (devmode—>help—>SDK installer) and then reinstalled the CRJ with the installer .exe in the same drive as my FS installation, with highest privileges (run with administrator).

it seems to be working now (no issues when restarting flights) but I do ask for this thread not to be locked for at least a few hours whilst I double check that it’s working.

This fix is defining YMIM and is probably more luck than anything!

Has this helped anyone? It was probably just a fluke for me!

I think this is how my first install was setup anyway, as I have the SDK installed all the time for scenery development and I only have one drive. Installation only works with run as admin anyway I asume. 

So if I get the idea of your fix right, this should not apply for me, sadly. 

Archived