Flight planning and navdata

I've been reading below that the CRJ is not using MSFS navdata, so we can't use the integrated flight planner, but what about simbrief, can I use AIRAC 2013 on it for free?

What about nav data update, will I be forced to pay for it or will you for with asobo version in the future? 

• Developer

The aircraft comes with AIRAC 2102, not 2013. Is that the cycle that's used by the simulator?

Simbrief can only be updated via a paid Navigraph subscription. They have some base navdata but I don't know which cycle it currently is.

We will decide on whether we use the integrated Navdata or not, when it becomes accessible. Currently it is not.

9 minutes ago, Hans Hartmann said:

We will decide on whether we use the integrated Navdata or not, when it becomes accessible. Currently it is not.

I hope it will, and MSFS flight planner will be integrated. I was not expecting that at all, kind of disappointed

• Developer
22 minutes ago, bendead said:

I hope it will, and MSFS flight planner will be integrated. I was not expecting that at all, kind of disappointed

Well, it will only be integrated if it's able to provide the data the FMS needs. So far, it isn't.

Sorry, how do we update the AIRAC using our Navigraph subscription? I've already installed the latest Navigraph AIRAC for MSFS, so does this mean that the CRJ is already using it? Or will it continue to use its own AIRAC as it's unable to communicate with the MSFS/Navigraph one currently?

1 hour ago, Hans Hartmann said:

Navigraph AIRAC for MSFS is just the internal nav database. The CRJ has its own. I'm sure Navigraph will release an installer shortly.

Ah, I see! Thank you very much for the help. :)

Archived