Cockpit Wind Noise

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looks like the wrong audio file was assigned to internal wind sound. Also I second that the engines are too loud. Is it possible to add an audio slider for those of us who prefer reality? Because the plane is awesome, but the sounds killing all immersion. 

9 minutes ago, Cez said:

It looks like the wrong audio file was assigned to internal wind sound. Also I second that the engines are too loud. Is it possible to add an audio slider for those of us who prefer reality? Because the plane is awesome, but the sounds killing all immersion. 

What you're hearing here is the airflow by the packs, not wind. You only hear wind in CRJ at or above 300IAS in the air. The sound you mostly hear in this video tires speeding up and packs

2 minutes ago, NinerDriver said:

What you're hearing here is the airflow by the packs, not wind. You only hear wind in CRJ at or above 300IAS in the air. The sound you mostly hear in this video tires speeding up and packs

I've just turned them off and still hear this weird noise. So these are not the packs. 

1 hour ago, Hoffie3000 said:

In the EFB options of the P3D version are sliders to ajust some sounds. Have the MSFS version these options no more?

Unfortunately there are no sliders. 

I agree that the sound file used is odd. Whilst I certainly don’t want to disagree with pilots who actually fly the CRJ for a living, the sound in my sim is like the wind coming in from a doorway or something.

To be clear, I mean is that it constantly changing in pitch and amplitude as if I am in a room with the door open during a windy day not a constant, loud wind sound on a windscreen.

1 hour ago, Danny875 said:

I agree that the sound file used is odd. Whilst I certainly don’t want to disagree with pilots who actually fly the CRJ for a living, the sound in my sim is like the wind coming in from a doorway or something.

To be clear, I mean is that it constantly changing in pitch and amplitude as if I am in a room with the door open during a windy day not a constant, loud wind sound on a windscreen.

Yes exactly, its like a howling wind noise through a door or window being open.

vor 5 Stunden , re84uk sagte:

Hi

Recorded a quick video.

To me it just sounds like the external wind noise is playing inside the cockpit.

I think the interior and exterior comparison in this video is the best proof that something is not right with the wind sounds.

vor 6 Stunden , re84uk sagte:

Yes exactly, its like a howling wind noise through a door or window being open.

Yea that a good description I'd also use. Never been to a CRJ cockpit, and if this is the sound pilots have to hear I am sorry for them.

If it's realistic it should stay this way, but as I heard the sound I was wondering if I somehow clicked somewhere to open a window in the cockpit... An optional sound slider in the EFB would be a greate solution for those who do not like that.

6 hours ago, Fabbsy "The Nipple" poopers said:

If you use the Headset mode in settings/audio the cockpit audio is perfect.

Thanks for the tip. It sounds decent now.

But still customer doesn't need to change settings to make it sound nice. This wind sound is not right in any possible way. Like there is a hole in the cockpit. A lot of rw crj pilots telling that the packs sound is extremely loud and what do we got here? 

I just truly hope we will see some sound mod for a third party developer in the future.

Agree with the postings, this is definitely not a packs sound, it also steps up suddenly volume wise as wind noise as approaching cruise speed. It's loud and sharp as a noise, which is why it has more of an external sound, not slightly muffled as it would be from inside the cockpit. I had no experience of this with the P3D version, there is something going on here. 

Archived