Toggle reverse not working.

Alpha Lima

Hi, I have a Thrustmaster T16000, with a small throttle slider on the joystick.

I always use a toggle reverse button and then use my normal axis to reverse in the sim. Why doesn't it work here? Tried playing with the settings but it didn't work.

I'd always thought that my Warthog throttle had not reverse thrust axis, but that is apparently only with the default idle detent in place.

Now, with that detent removed and making use of the throttle calibration facility, in the options tab of the EFB, I have been able to set an Idle stop that is  slightly further forward than the previous detent and use the axis below this new idle position as the reverse thrust axis. 

Without a physical detent however, I need to remember disarm the reverse thrusters after take-off, to avoid the embarrassment that might be caused by accidentally activating them, whilst in flight.  I'm now on the lookout for a detent mod, maybe for an airbus, as that has the right number of stops, that will provide a little more protection against accidental activations.  Shapeways does them, but the delivery costs to the UK are almost twice the value of the item itself, so I'll try to find one on this side of the pond. 

Take a look at the Virpil CM3. It has adjustable mechanical detents that work beautifully!

But it is of course a fighter style HOTAS throttle...

Archived