Keyboard throttles bugged?

I fly with keyboard (for now) and using NUM- and NUM+ to increase/decrease throttle is bugged.

https://gyazo.com/100928dd74943714dc262ead8ce1dc16

When I try to decrease throttle, it increases in small step instead of decreasing, and increasing it makes it increase by a larger step. It also gets stuck in climb and decreasing it doesn't work unless clicked on with a mouse.

I get it that I probably shouldn't ask this here since this is a simulator, but I am casual player and I really like the plane itself and I purchased it as soon as it was available.

Aerosoft, would you mind fixing that or giving me pointers how to set up keyboard controls so the throttles work better? :c

17 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I'm sorry but you require a throttle channel:

Wait a moment. When I decrease throttle with my mouse, I am able to use keyboard to decrease it. I know that you require throttle channel, but aren't you able to make a switch in aircraft options for this? It can clearly work but I need to first use mouse input to decrease throttle down by dragging it. It clearly seems doable, not sure why CRJ is set up in a way that makes this control impossible. I know you guys don't owe me anything, but would you reconsider adding this in? Option for simplified throttle controls so even controller can use this?

Also just found this out the hard way... 

I purchased through Microsoft Store and would like a refund if you all are not planning on implementing keyboard throttle controls. The throttle works fine when increasing it, just when you try to decrease the throttle after a certain point it just goes up no matter what you press.

There needs to be a larger warning about this, as I have always been able to use a keyboard command (for throttle controls at least) in every other payware aircraft I have purchased in a flight sim in the past. 

11 minutes ago, AzRyan said:

Also just found this out the hard way... 

I purchased through Microsoft Store and would like a refund if you all are not planning on implementing keyboard throttle controls. The throttle works fine when increasing it, just when you try to decrease the throttle after a certain point it just goes up no matter what you press.

There needs to be a larger warning about this, as I have always been able to use a keyboard command (for throttle controls at least) in every other payware aircraft I have purchased in a flight sim in the past. 

Okay something weird happened. Now I can control the throttle by keyboard by going into calibration option, setting to Dual Axis, then to single axis then resetting all to defaults.

I have no idea why Aerosoft did all this. It's so darn stupid because they limit their audience by doing this. I am fine with actually having to use manuals but requiring actual hardware to fly this is a no-go. I get that it's a simulator but wasn't the idea of switching to MSFS to get larger audience and more sales? Well here I am, casual player, I bought your plane guys :c

Also I can confirm. Going into settings inside the CRJ tablet ---> throttle calibration ---> setting to dual axis and then to single axis, then enabling/disabling the hardware thrust reverser ----> resetting to detaults seems to fix the keyboard throttle, making me able to use it like in any other stock aircraft.

I wish I didn't have to fiddle around with options but it's clearly a bug. I hope Aerosoft won't suddenly make this go away.. I encourage them to allow normal stock aircraft throttle control.

7 minutes ago, JellySnek said:

Okay something weird happened. Now I can control the throttle by keyboard by going into calibration option, setting to Dual Axis, then to single axis then resetting all to defaults.

I have no idea why Aerosoft did all this. It's so darn stupid because they limit their audience by doing this.

Can you explain a little bit more? I am having trouble seeing where this option is.

4 minutes ago, AzRyan said:

Can you explain a little bit more? I am having trouble seeing where this option is.

Go into settings inside the CRJ tablet ---> throttle calibration ---> setting to dual axis and then to single axis, then enabling/disabling the hardware thrust reverser ----> resetting to detaults seems to fix the keyboard throttle, making me able to use it like in any other stock aircraft.

4 minutes ago, JellySnek said:

Go into settings inside the CRJ tablet ---> throttle calibration ---> setting to dual axis and then to single axis, then enabling/disabling the hardware thrust reverser ----> resetting to detaults seems to fix the keyboard throttle, making me able to use it like in any other stock aircraft.

Not working for me. I can use the keyboard to increase throttle using F3, decrease throttle using F2 and command reverse thrust by holding F2, but when I get to a certain point (like halfway) the F2 stops working to decrease the throttle and only continues to increase it.

5 minutes ago, AzRyan said:

Not working for me. I can use the keyboard to increase throttle using F3, decrease throttle using F2 and command reverse thrust by holding F2, but when I get to a certain point (like halfway) the F2 stops working to decrease the throttle and only continues to increase it.

Weird, this works fine for me now. However I can safetly say that it IS possible to control throttles with keyboard.

Just now, JellySnek said:

Weird, this works fine for me now. However I can safetly say that it IS possible to control throttles with keyboard.

Actually, it now works. I was thinking you had to save it in between. All good!

How did you even figure out to do that chain of commands to get it working though?? lol

8 minutes ago, AzRyan said:

How did you even figure out to do that chain of commands to get it working though?? lol

I was trying my hardest to find a solution and this popped up. I just fiddled around and remembered what I did. I am trying to see if just resetting to default will fix the throttles. If it does the hooray. 

Still hoping that Aerosoft reconsiders. I hope they will see value in opening up their products to everyone,  just by enabling everyone with every control method use their planes.

25 minutes ago, AzRyan said:

Also can confirm, just doing "Reset to Default" inside CRJ Tablet throttle calibration allows us to use throttle on keyboard normally.

3 hours ago, JellySnek said:

Also can confirm, just doing "Reset to Default" inside CRJ Tablet throttle calibration allows us to use throttle on keyboard normally.

I can also confirm that, go to the EFB, and settings, then find calibrate throttle option, and choose default, then my keyboard throttle goes back to normal again! Great tip.

• Aerosoft

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived