SIM keeps crashing trying to load the CRJ / Variant 2

sandpatt

• Developer

1kb for the cache file is OK. But the .obj file doesn't belong there at all. Did you load the -550 and then got a crash on loading the -700 (or vice versa) ?

This is how it's looking here (after loading both aircraft):

Please login to display this image.

The numbers are unique to every system btw. They are not the reason why it's not working for you.

Well, I still don't know what's going on. I think the best idea is probably to delete all the "m"-files (not the work folder though) and retry.

I removed all the files starting with "m" and tried, this time only one "m" file showed up. I tried to run again and then that m file was gone. :( This is only on the 550. When does the 10 minutes suppose to be counted, when sim starts or after plane is actually loaded?

8 minutes ago, Hans Hartmann said:

I'm testing this here with my sim now. You both use the store version of MSFS, right? Not Steam?

I use the steam version. I am confused on with post I should be replying. :) I piggy backed off another one. But, my problems seems the same as the other post. I am using steam version. I select the 550 and go to fly and get the "program has stopped working" only option is to close. I even waiting at that for 15 minutes incase that was the hang they were talking about. I had one m file after trying to load the 550. then I tried again and that file was gone. Tried it again and came back. I have no AV programs running. not even windows default stuff. Thank you trying to help

• Developer

I tried and I saw that a .obj file was created and after some wait, it disappeared and the .cache, .pdb, .lib and .dll files (with the same "m"+ number combination) appeared.

All this is supposed to happen before the CRJ is even loaded. I will ask the friendly folks at Asobo for advice, but I can't do this before tomorrow..

• Developer
Just now, JamesAnthony said:

I use the steam version. I am confused on with post I should be replying. :) I piggy backed off another one. But, my problems seems the same as the other post. I am using steam version. I select the 550 and go to fly and get the "program has stopped working" only option is to close. I even waiting at that for 15 minutes incase that was the hang they were talking about. I had one m file after trying to load the 550. then I tried again and that file was gone. Tried it again and came back. I have no AV programs running. not even windows default stuff. Thank you trying to help

Do you get any message in the event viewer?

Just now, Hans Hartmann said:

I think I've seen this before. As I said, I need to check this with Asobo and will hopefully be able to give you a solution tomorrow.

Alright, thank you for your time.

• Developer

A possible solution was posted in the other thread. I'm closing this one so we have everybody together in on thread. It initially seemed to be two problems but it wasn't.

Archived