Speaking to MSFS ATC.

Aviatoran

I've read the tutorial, and i think i've got it set up correctly but MSFS keeps saying the radio is off.

So i can't initiate an pushback without addons.

What am i overlooking?

2 minutes ago, Hans Hartmann said:

You need some AC power source for the radios. The best choice would probably be to start the APU.

I already had the APU and later the engines running but no luck so far.

4 minutes ago, Emi said:

And the generators were also online? What did the ELEC AC page show?

Yes.

Don't know if this screenshot is of any help.

Please login to display this image.

40 minutes ago, Aviatoran said:

I've read the tutorial, and i think i've got it set up correctly but MSFS keeps saying the radio is off.

So i can't initiate an pushback without addons.

What am i overlooking?

Battery Master switch ON?

1 minute ago, Aviatoran said:

Yep, its on..

Really don't know what i'm doing wrong.

Show me 

• Developer

Assuming that you are in the "Ready for Engine Start" state (at least it seems like you are), you should see frequencies etc in the left RTU:

(and no, the callsign is not a reference to you. I've been using it for many months now)

However, at the airport I where I currently am (KDMA), I don't get any frequencies to choose from. But that's a simulator thing.

3 minutes ago, Hans Hartmann said:

Assuming that you are in the "Ready for Engine Start" state (at least it seems like you are), you should see frequencies etc in the left RTU:

(and no, the callsign is not a reference to you. I've been using it for many months now)

However, at the airport I where I currently am (KDMA), I don't get any frequencies to choose from. But that's a simulator thing.

Yep, exactly how it looks like here:

• Developer

Now that is weird. It almost seems that the avionics power is off despite everything being on.

Does clicking EFB -> Aircraft -> Ready for Engine Start (or Ready for Taxi) fix the problem?

3 minutes ago, Hans Hartmann said:

Now that is weird. It almost seems that the avionics power is off despite everything being on.

Does clicking EFB -> Aircraft -> Ready for Engine Start (or Ready for Taxi) fix the problem?

Nope, tried different states, including c&d, turn-around and ready for taxi.

I already tried to reinstall the aircraft by deleting it, but to no avail.

Another issue, no matter what i try, i can't get the AP to engage. Maybe it's a sim problem on my side?

• Developer

I think it's a problem with the initialization of the aircraft. Do you have the MSFS SDK installed by any chance? It contains a little program which might help to track down the reason.

Hmm no i have not.

But i've gone for a reinstall of the whole game.

If the issue still persists after this, i will report back and try the program in the SDK.

• Developer
35 minutes ago, Aviatoran said:

But i've gone for a reinstall of the whole game.

Ouch. I think that was some waste of time.

Anyway, the program is called SimVarWatcher and you can find it here: C:\MSFS SDK\Samples\SimvarWatcher\bin\x64\Release

First start the sim, select the CRJ and start a flight. Once that's done, start the SimVars.exe, select Simvar Name "AVIONICS MASTER SWITCH" and Units "Number" and click "Add request". Now click Connect. The list on the right should either show a 1 (if avionics power is available) or a 0 (if not).

Please let me know the result.

11 hours ago, Hans Hartmann said:

Ouch. I think that was some waste of time.

Anyway, the program is called SimVarWatcher and you can find it here: C:\MSFS SDK\Samples\SimvarWatcher\bin\x64\Release

First start the sim, select the CRJ and start a flight. Once that's done, start the SimVars.exe, select Simvar Name "AVIONICS MASTER SWITCH" and Units "Number" and click "Add request". Now click Connect. The list on the right should either show a 1 (if avionics power is available) or a 0 (if not).

Please let me know the result.

Hans, i want to thank you for taking your time to figure this out.

after the (indeed) useless reinstall, i unbinded the avionics master switch on my Bravo quadrant. This solved the ATC and the abillity to engage the AP.

Archived