Flaps: TCA Quadrant set up

By default FLAPS settings is "FLAPS AXIS (-100 TO 100%) with "Joystick L-Axis Z" on my TCA quadrant but it only move either 0 flap or full 

I tried "FLAPS AXIS (0 TO 100%)" and "SET FLAPS (CONTINUOUS)" without success

do you have any suggestion? 

• Aerosoft

Dear Sir,

Don't use an axis. Use a contact (button/switch) and assign it to the "INCREASE FLAPS" & "DECREASE FLAPS" functions.
(see below)

image.png

Same for the Honeycomb Bravo.

With FLAPS AXIS (-100 TO 100%) only with a slight touch on the flap lever it moves to the next position.

So like a few mm of movement. So within a cm you are at flaps full down. The rest of the axis is not used.

With FLAPS AXIS (0 to 100%) nothing works.

I'm using TCA Quadrant extension here under

I'm sure there is a solution; it has 4 positions (but it is an axis) and it is working well with both MSFS and FBW A32X

SPOILERS, on the left, has 4 positions and is an axis as well, and it works very well with the CRJ

Please login to display this image.

• Aerosoft

Dear Louis,

It all depends on the addons.
The CRJ flaps logic works by on/off inputs pulses to "INCREASE FLAPS" & "DECREASE FLAPS" functions,
not a linear changing value.

1 hour ago, Thijs010 said:

Same for the Honeycomb Bravo.

With FLAPS AXIS (-100 TO 100%) only with a slight touch on the flap lever it moves to the next position.

So like a few mm of movement. So within a cm you are at flaps full down. The rest of the axis is not used.

With FLAPS AXIS (0 to 100%) nothing works.

Same problem for me with the Honeycomb throttle Bravo. I hope this will be fixed ASAP.

Hi SimWare

Thank you for your answer

but FLAP AXIS (-100 TO 100%) is working, but taking into account only a very narrow part of the full range as mentionned by Thijs010

Would be great if Aerosoft changes it for a full range usage, so we can play with SENSITIVITY in MSFS CONTROLS to aligne flap positions in game 

So it is possible :) 

Just have to wait 

I would be very hopeful that Aerosoft expands options for controlling the flaps.  "Study level" aircraft are increasingly more likely to be used by users who have some level of hardware control.  Flap axes I thought were almost universal and would cover the widest range of hardware.  In the case of the TCA, buttons for individual flap positions could be an option as well.

• Aerosoft

We are working on the flaps axis setting.

In the meantime, you can use two buttons assigned to "INCREASE FLAPS" & "DECREASE FLAPS" functions.

45 minutes ago, SimWare said:

In the meantime, you can use two buttons assigned to "INCREASE FLAPS" & "DECREASE FLAPS" functions.

Thanks! Is their a section where the known issues are mentioned? Including items being worked on etc ? 

5 hours ago, SimWare said:

Good to know you are working on it! I bought the expansions for the TCA and it would be a real shame for them to not be supported in this plane.

Really looking forward to the integration of the axis!

• Aerosoft

Well there are good news.
The next release of the CRJ will allow the FLAPS AXIS to be asigned and therefore the TCA flaps lever to work.

However, let me emphasize one point : 
The compatibility is the task of the harware manufacturers.
Every addons have their own interface methods depending on the the type of aircraft, the level of

complexity and the programming.
Based on that, the hardware manufacturers develop addon-specific drivers.

But, to some extend, we can adapt to very common and standard features such as the FLAPS AXIS as we do now.

So stay tuned for the next release.

• Aerosoft
23 hours ago, masterhawk said:

I guess for the CRJ we need now a TCA mod for the flaps, as the CRJ has more detends than an Airbus.

The TCA is indeed and Airbus-shaped controller, not a CRJ.
What you can do is to remove the detent notch rack underneath the unit, so that no detent at all will be felt.
It is only a workaround, but it avoids misfeelings.

Hey - in a similar vein to this. I've personally struggled also to get the parking brake and gear levers working too. 'Toggle' doesn't work for obvious reasons and 'set' seems to work to some degree but in practice it's more or less useless.

I wonder if anyone has had any luck in setting these binds properly? @Louis Perrin?

• Aerosoft
vor 33 Minuten, BobbyFuzzy sagte:

Hey - in a similar vein to this. I've personally struggled also to get the parking brake and gear levers working too. 'Toggle' doesn't work for obvious reasons and 'set' seems to work to some degree but in practice it's more or less useless.

I wonder if anyone has had any luck in setting these binds properly? @Louis Perrin?

Indeed, this isn't possible.

The gear is a single ON/OFF switch on the TCA.
Flight Simulator offer two possibilities for the Gear  : 
- TOGGLE LANDING GEAR -> Requiring a momentary push button, not a ON/OFF switch
- GEAR UP/GEAR DOWN -> Requiring a double ON/OFF/ON switch, not a single ON/OFF switch.

Almost the same for the Parking brake.

The solution is to assign the TOGGLE LANDING GEAR and the TOGGLE PARKING BRAKES functions 
to momentary push buttons either on the throttle quadrant (the two black square buttons next to the 
CRANK/IGN START buttons for instance- Button 5 and Button 6 ), 
either on another device having two free pushbuttons. 

1 hour ago, SimWare said:

Indeed, this isn't possible.

The gear is a single ON/OFF switch on the TCA.
Flight Simulator offer two possibilities for the Gear  : 
- TOGGLE LANDING GEAR -> Requiring a momentary push button, not a ON/OFF switch
- GEAR UP/GEAR DOWN -> Requiring a double ON/OFF/ON switch, not a single ON/OFF switch.

Almost the same for the Parking brake.

The solution is to assign the TOGGLE LANDING GEAR and the TOGGLE PARKING BRAKES functions 
to momentary push buttons either on the throttle quadrant (the two black square buttons next to the 
CRANK/IGN START buttons for instance- Button 5 and Button 6 ), 
either on another device having two free pushbuttons. 

That’s what I’ve been doing for now but just wondered if I’d missed anything! 

Thanks for your response. 

On 3/23/2021 at 8:44 PM, SimWare said:

You are welcome.
Just to be sure I understand :  Do you mean you got it working with this system ?
Thank you.

Hi - yes it works fine using momentary push buttons. 

I’ve managed to workaround these limitations using axis&ohs but it’s still a work in progress. 

I wondered does this:

“Added "Parking Brake set" as condition for state changes”

From the patch notes change anything for this use case?

Can’t quite decipher what it means. 

Archived