Thustmaster TCA addon pack issues.

Good evening, I am very much enjoying the CRJ, but I have some certain niggling issues with the parking break and the flap level on the TCA add on. Is there a specific setting I need to put them on in order to make them work?

The parking sounds like it is working but it isn't moving in the VC, and the flaps only go from fully retracted to fully deployed, no ability to use the notches in between.

I would gladly appreciate any suggestion and I thank you in advance. 

31 minutes ago, Rouzbeh Rouzbahani said:

Good evening, I am very much enjoying the CRJ, but I have some certain niggling issues with the parking break and the flap level on the TCA add on. Is there a specific setting I need to put them on in order to make them work?

The parking sounds like it is working but it isn't moving in the VC, and the flaps only go from fully retracted to fully deployed, no ability to use the notches in between.

I would gladly appreciate any suggestion and I thank you in advance. 

Were you able to set up the thrustlevers ? Because I wans not able to do it ? 

• Aerosoft

Regarding the flaps.

Don't use an axis. Use a contact (button/switch) and assign it to the "INCREASE FLAPS" & "DECREASE FLAPS" functions.
(see below)

image.png

Ah, I noticed it's a Bravo that you are using, I actually have one ordered from Aerosoft due to be shipped in a week or so. This will come an handy for that, so thank you.

Regarding the TCA addon though, I can't seem to set active buttons to increase by one notch intervals, it's just a whole retraction or deployment. The travel is so small that it makes it impossible.

• Aerosoft

Fot the flaps, you need to use a button.
What are you using on your TCA ?
The Flaps TCA addon will not work correctly.
You really need two buttons : One Flaps UP, another Flaps DOWN.

56 minutes ago, SimWare said:

Fot the flaps, you need to use a button.
What are you using on your TCA ?
The Flaps TCA addon will not work correctly.
You really need two buttons : One Flaps UP, another Flaps DOWN.

Well it should be an axis 😉 otherwise it wont work with the TCA... (P3D version works fine with axis) 🙂

It is already an axis ... if you move very slowly the flap lever you will see it moving step by step in the sim, only issue it is using a very small range of the axis.

should not be difficult to change this ... ;)

• Aerosoft

Rouzbeh :
Please check this : 

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/159677-how-to-use-the-tca-throttle-with-aerosoft-crj-550700/

As for the parking brake use the "TOGGLE PARKING BRAKE function in MSFS.
You should see the park brake switch move in the VC.

As for the flaps : 
You cannot use an axis.
You need to assign two buttons to the "INCREASE FLAPS" and "DECREASE FLAPS" functions.

Thank you, I have managed to calibrate my throttle and it works great. 

Shame about the flaps, but regarding the parking brakes the toggle function works but if I leave the parking brake at the on position with the TCA addon, it is like a constant toggle, so in order to make it work, I need to quickly move the brake on the addon to an off position. 

4 hours ago, Jolk said:

It is already an axis ... if you move very slowly the flap lever you will see it moving step by step in the sim, only issue it is using a very small range of the axis.

should not be difficult to change this ... ;)

Thanks going to test that, appreciated... Saw no movement have a bit more time today to have a better look. 🙂

• Aerosoft

You can use the Flaps Axis on a very little tiny portion indeed because it acts as a switch.
The resistance of the lever potentiometer going from 0 to say, 10kOhms acts like a switch.
But don't rely too much on it.
Very unaccurate.
I would definitely stick to the switch. 

3 hours ago, SimWare said:

As for the flaps : 
You cannot use an axis.
You need to assign two buttons to the "INCREASE FLAPS" and "DECREASE FLAPS" functions.

This is impossible with the TCA addon flap lever. It’s an axis and does have button functions. This seems like something Aerosoft should fix promptly considering they claim that TCA products are supported. Also, the spoiler axis works fine, so clearly it’s possible to make an axis work in the CRJ. 

I really hope there will be a axis implemented to control the flaps on the TCA, As I have a problem using a switch (gear up button 5 / gear down button 6) on the Logitech Throttle Quadrant that whenever I use the gear up it shuts down the plane and losing the flightplan. There is nothing else programmed on that button.

• Aerosoft
51 minutes ago, Cygnific said:

I really hope there will be a axis implemented to control the flaps on the TCA, As I have a problem using a switch (gear up button 5 / gear down button 6) on the Logitech Throttle Quadrant that whenever I use the gear up it shuts down the plane and losing the flightplan. There is nothing else programmed on that button.

We will work on that.

Please fix the flaps so they can be controlled through an axis, not just buttons! I also have the TCA throttle quadrant with the flaps and speedbrake addon and don't have a button to map the flaps to. I think the spoilers have the same problem: the spoiler axis doesn't seem to work reliably either. 

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to add, after this update the flaps are now functional, so thank you for that.

Still I don't know how to fix the set parking brake correctly, but massive thanks for the flaps fix. It makes life so much more easier while I wait for my Bravo to arrive.

13 minutes ago, Rouzbeh Rouzbahani said:

I just wanted to add, after this update the flaps are now functional, so thank you for that.

Still I don't know how to fix the set parking brake correctly, but massive thanks for the flaps fix. It makes life so much more easier while I wait for my Bravo to arrive.

Software like Spad.Next will allow you to set the controls to change the LVARs of the aircraft and so a switch like that you have an On and Off event for it...

• Aerosoft
vor 32 Minuten, Rouzbeh Rouzbahani sagte:

Hi Rouzbeh,

The parking brake in the CRJ needs to be assigned to a momentary push button and assigned to the TOGGLE PARKING BRAKES function.

The way the CRJ handles the park brake signal coming from the external hardware is different from the default Flight Simulator aircraft.

Archived