SIM keeps crashing trying to load the CRJ

PhntmV2

I think I might have found a solution. I did two things, so I don't know which is responsible. Your mileage may vary.

First, I deleted the Megapack Liveries that I had installed.

Second, I added anything to do with MSFS to the Windows defender exclusions list.

(edit: actually another thing I did was verify the files in steam, as I have the steam version of MSFS and accepted any downloads that it created in MSFS after.)

I don't know which of those things did the trick, but everything now works as intended, and I am able to use CRJ normally. 

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, dotC said:

I think I might have found a solution. I did two things, so I don't know which is responsible. Your mileage may vary.

Second, I added anything to do with MSFS to the Windows defender exclusions list.

Everything now works as intended, and I am able to use CRJ normally. 

Thank you. Let me try that in a a couple of hours. I am flying from  DFW to IAH on the CRJ700  :)

vor 37 Minuten, dotC sagte:

(edit: actually another thing I did was verify the files in steam, as I have the steam version of MSFS and accepted any downloads that it created in MSFS after.)

I don't know which of those things did the trick, but everything now works as intended, and I am able to use CRJ normally. 

Using the CRJ normally means u start the sim, pick the CRJ and load it into an airport without it crashing?

Just now, PhntmV2 said:

Awesome. May you describe how to verify the steam files?

Right click on MSFS in steam. Select Properties. Select local files. Select "Verify integrity of game files".

Just now, PhntmV2 said:

Well, I did what u did. Starting the sim. 150GB Update. Im so done right now. Dear lord......

Fingers crossed. Like I say, removing Megapack and adding MSFS to windows defender has got it working. Hopefully this is the solution. If not... I can't explain why it works for me and not others.

vor 1 minute, dotC sagte:

Fingers crossed. Like I say, removing Megapack and adding MSFS to windows defender has got it working. Hopefully this is the solution. If not... I can't explain why it works for me and not others.

What size was ur update?

27 minutes ago, dotC said:

Hmm, good thought about Windows Defender. I've never used any non-default liveries.

I just tried it with Defender mostly disabled. One of my problem parking spots worked the first time, but CTDed the second time.

Sigh. The CTD could at least have the decency to be consistent.

1 hour ago, dotC said:

Sorry. That did not work for me.

8 minutes ago, PhntmV2 said:

Well, I did what u did. Starting the sim. 150GB Update. Im so done right now. Dear lord......

Yeah, Steam verify files will redownload the whole thing again. It is basically a full reinstall.

I'm not going to fully reinstall because this is the only issue I have and all my other planes work.

vor 2 Minuten, Thx1137 sagte:

Yeah, Steam verify files will redownload the whole thing again. It is basically a full reinstall.

I guess I shouldve known that. But why does dotC have only 30GB to download, when he did the same thing?

1 minute ago, Thx1137 said:

Not strictly true. It will only force a download of anything that doesn't match the manifest as I understand it. Hence why my download was significantly smaller. However something in that, livery deletion and Windows defender tweaking got it working. Like I said at the start... Your mileage may vary. Perform at your own risk. If your PC becomes sentient and tries to kill you in your sleep. It's not my fault!

gerade, dotC sagte:

Not strictly true. It will only force a download of anything that doesn't match the manifest as I understand it. Hence why my download was significantly smaller. However something in that, livery deletion and Windows defender tweaking got it working. Like I said at the start... Your mileage may vary. Perform at your own risk. If your PC becomes sentient and tries to kill you in your sleep. It's not my fault!

All good man, your just trying to help. I shouldve thought about it before doing it.

1 minute ago, dotC said:

Well, there are literally many dozens of complaints about using verify files on the MSFS forums. I wouldn't know for sure, I don't have the steam version.

1 minute ago, PhntmV2 said:

All good man, your just trying to help. I shouldve thought about it before doing it.

No worries, it's a head scratcher as to why those steps worked for me. Perhaps Asobo & Aerosoft may understand more. 

8 minutes ago, Thx1137 said:

Well, there are literally many dozens of complaints about using verify files on the MSFS forums. I wouldn't know for sure, I don't have the steam version.

Interesting. Sounds like it's a bit of a dice roll then, I clearly got lucky. Maybe if other people wish to try this, just stick to removing the Megapack and adding MSFS to the Windows Defender exemptions to prevent the possibility of forcing a redownload.

18 minutes ago, PhntmV2 said:

Why the does it download 150GB on my side then?? My PC was never so close to be thrown out of the window xD

The slight silver lining (sorry) is that all your settings are stored in the cloud. So you shouldn't have to do any binding/tweaking etc.

20 minutes ago, Thx1137 said:

Hmm, good thought about Windows Defender. I've never used any non-default liveries.

I just tried it with Defender mostly disabled. One of my problem parking spots worked the first time, but CTDed the second time.

Sigh. The CTD could at least have the decency to be consistent.

Yeah, that's weird. I can consistently load into the CRJ from various places. I had a thought that maybe it was location specific (I was purposely trying to break my fix to see if it was a fluke) and it's worked every time and been fully functional. Sorry it's not helped you, like I say, maybe it sheds light on the nature of the bug for people more in the know. 

vor 22 Minuten, dotC sagte:

The slight silver lining (sorry) is that all your settings are stored in the cloud. So you shouldn't have to do any binding/tweaking etc.

Whew, thats something

Archived