SIM keeps crashing trying to load the CRJ

PhntmV2

to all that couldn’t even loaded it for the 1st time, please try what was mentioned before:

First load a default aircraft, then go to main menu and after that, load CRJ.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, PropFlyer93 said:

Je l'ai acheté au Sim Market hier je n'ai pas pu le faire voler jusqu'à aujourd'hui bien il ne se chargera même pas dans la carte SIM regardé dans tous mes fichiers locaux sans fichiers qui mentionnent les fichiers `` M '' ni l'avion lui-même mais je peux voir dans sim, sélectionnez-le et allez faire un vol tout en chargeant I CTD à chaque fois.

Please login to display this image.

3 hours ago, Bent Schrader said:

Mathijs that is not really the answer I'd expected. We've payed for the product. It seems to me, that Aerosoft see us as a minority? Shouldn't there are any logs that you need for further investigations? I feel pretty disappointed.

That's ok, yesterday all he would say is go look at the FAQ. Told one user others aren't having this problem. Haha, needs to stick to being a boss unless he can offer some actual solutions.

I did something that made this work.. You could try and report back. I have not done this multiple time as yet. I did this twice and got the CRJ up and running. 

Prerequisite. You need those m* files in that folder without this it would CTD for sure. If you get past that and are able to load the CRJ but its all dark then...

1) Start MSFS at an airport with one of the default aircraft. But don't change the aircraft right away.. taxi around or fly around for like 5-10 minutes.

2) Now use the developer's Window->Aircraft Selector and pick the CRJ (the one you got the m* files in that directory)

See if it has the avionics.

I was able to do this twice and did a complete flight from KDFW-KIAH just now. of course I was struggling with the AP trying to hold its altitude. .but  that's my issue and ignorance of not going over the manual.  But I made a full flight.

Ps: Scared to try this the 3rd time..for now I am going to keep flying the CRJ as long as possible and start reading the PDfs and figure out the AP and altitude hold and the Throttle thingi... as long as I can. :)

vor 1 minute, Manny sagte:

I did something that made this work.. You could try and report back. I have no done this multiple time as yet. I did this twice and got the CRJ up and running.

Prerequisite. You need those m* files in that folder without this it would CTD for sure. If you get past that and are able to load the CRJ but its all dark then...

1) Start MSFS at an airport with one of the default aircraft. But don't change the aircraft right away.. taxi around or fly around for like 5-10 minutes.

2) Now use the developer's Window->Aircraft Selector and pick the CRJ (the one you got the m* files in that directory)

See if it has the avionics.

I was able to do this twice and did a complete flight from KDFW-KIAH just now. of course I was struggling with the AP trying to hold its altitude. .but  that's my issue and ignorance of not going over the manual.  But I made a full flight.

I know its something but Im not going to spend 30 minutes of "work" everytime just to fly the CRJ. Thats not acceptable. 20min loadingscreen and 10min of flying another aircraft is pretty annoying. As if flightsimming isnt burning much time already :D

Until the CRJ isnt loadable on to an airport on the first try after starting the sim, the problem isnt fixed.

10 minutes ago, PhntmV2 said:

I know its something but Im not going to spend 30 minutes of "work" everytime just to fly the CRJ. Thats not acceptable. 20min loadingscreen and 10min of flying another aircraft is pretty annoying. As if flightsimming isnt burning much time already :D

Until the CRJ isnt loadable on to an airport on the first try after starting the sim, the problem isnt fixed.

I understand. Not gonna belabor the point. 

This is not life threatening issue..its a sim/hobby thingi.  No point in stomping ones feet demanding attention and pouting over it. I realize this could take some time to get it all diagnosed and a solution built (considering AOSBO is also  involved) . , and if you are impatient like me to fly this thing, This may be a temporary work around. Is all.

• Aerosoft

I have said this a few times today, we are talking to Asobo about these issues. We simply have no tools to debug these issues and simply have no idea why these things happen with some users. When we do have any new information we'll share it. At this moment it is simply not in our hands.

If this is unacceptable to you drop us a mail at support@aerosoft.com with a reference to the forum topic where you discussed the issue.

As suggested by some other users, I´ll gladly provide any information you might need. 

In my case the working solution is to load A320 first, quit the flight and load CRJ (cold and dark) at a parking of any airport. Flown several flights today without issues with the aircraft itself. However if I try to load the CRJ immediately after the sim starts, it CTDs. Trying to load CRJ after flying the CRJ results in CTD as well.

I am sure Asobo finds a solution at some point. 

• Aerosoft
10 minutes ago, MichailusB said:

As suggested by some other users, I´ll gladly provide any information you might need. 

In my case the working solution is to load A320 first, quit the flight and load CRJ (cold and dark) at a parking of any airport. Flown several flights today without issues with the aircraft itself. However if I try to load the CRJ immediately after the sim starts, it CTDs. Trying to load CRJ after flying the CRJ results in CTD as well.

Now that IS a good hint. It might indicate the start setting of variables plays a role.

Can other people confirm this?

16 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Now that IS a good hint. It might indicate the start setting of variables plays a role.

I just tested it and can confirm.

Loaded up the FBW A320 (latest dev build) at KMEM (ramp 30). 

I quit the flight by going to main menu and loaded up at the same location and stand, but with the CRJ and it loaded now.

Just now, Threshold20212 said:

I think you start from a stand Manny

OH OK... let me complete the flight to KDFW from KIAH (Its flying now) and shall try that. :) Thanks.

vor 27 Minuten, Mathijs Kok sagte:

I think many people said that this works yesterday...

It worked for me too one time.

• Aerosoft
Just now, PhntmV2 said:

I think many people said that this works yesterday...

It worked for me too one time.

But the fact you said it only worked ONE time for you lowered the importance for us.

So it does not work for you now?

Hi Mathijs

Look, thanks for the feedback and updates today but clearly there is an issue somewhere. Now, whether it's Asobo, Aerosoft or gremlins; it doesn't really matter. One thing for sure is that it isn't your fee paying customers' fault - even if it's a system incompatibility. Reading through the thread here today, it's like your customers are part of the dev team helping you sort the issue which most people are happy to do - probably because they can't easily get a refund.

You really should make some sort of goodwill gesture to all those with the issue rather than washing your hands of the issue because Aerosoft don't have the tools in their development ecosystem to test something they've built and sold. I honestly don't think game and add-on developers realise how annoying it is for a customer buying something from a company ring-fenced by terms and conditions for downloadable goods when things go wrong. 

Mine finally started after some sequence of events/steps that I can't remember or re-trace or want to spend my life on. It now crashes again. 

vor 2 Minuten, Mathijs Kok sagte:

But the fact you said it only worked ONE time for you lowered the importance for us.

So it does not work for you now?

Im not sure anymore. I will test this in 40 minutes or so again. As far as I remember this worked only one time with the 700. At that time I already had the m files, because I managed to spawn the CRJ in the air. I spawned in a random prop, taxied for 3mins, back to menu and on the same airport I managed to load the 700. But remember, I think I already had the m files that time.

Mathijs,

as i mentioned 16h ago, and later about examples of variables initialization on fsx with complex airliners, yes, its consistent!

Every time i open CRJ after msfs starts and/or after CRJ loaded it ctd. But if i loaded immediately after a default aircraft was loaded (and not need to be on the same flight session), it always load with success.

So I open msfs, create a new flight, load it, close to main menu (not need to do the flight), then create a new flight (NOW with CRJ) and  load it and it not crash and everything ok! (all with dev mode off)

If with in dev mode, i load a default aircraft and in the same session load the CRJ it also load it well. Rarely in this way it not loads well and looks that many mfds are blank (it also happens with some default aircraft), but i load again the same CRJ and then its all ok. (using the dev mode aircraft selector without going to main menu).

I faced also crash to the desktop, what helped me was I removed all other mods (community folder and from official folder I removed (moved temporarily to different folder) every folder (dlc/addon) that did not start with bf-, microsoft- or asobo-. Before that I tried clearing only community folder, disabling defender for MSFS and disabling F-Secure. Once I got it working I started flight with both variants and then exited game, moved files back and everything worked perfectly.

1 hour ago, MichailusB said:

OK I did cold and start by loading the A320 at a gate. It was cold and dark

Then I used the developer , Windows developer and picked the CRJ 700. It loaded the CRJ fine with avionics all turned on. Not cold nd dark. 

Let me go do what you did. Cold and start the A320 and go back to the menu and start the CRJ on a gate cold and drk,

Edited to add: Your method did not work for me

1) I started the A320 cold and dark at a gate (small) at KDFW. then went back to the menu

2) selected the CRJ700 and went to the same gate small at KDFW. It looks like its cold and dark the CRJ but when I click on the EFB, it does not turn on.  Nothing else turns on. The Battery Master, APU... nothing can be turned on.

43 minutes ago, Manny said:

OK I did cold and start by loading the A320 at a gate. It was cold and dark

Then I used the developer , Windows developer and picked the CRJ 700. It loaded the CRJ fine with avionics all turned on. Not cold nd dark. 

Let me go do what you did. Cold and start the A320 and go back to the menu and start the CRJ on a gate cold and drk,

Edited to add: Your method did not work for me

1) I started the A320 cold and dark at a gate (small) at KDFW. then went back to the menu

2) selected the CRJ700 and went to the same gate small at KDFW. It looks like its cold and dark the CRJ but when I click on the EFB, it does not turn on.  Nothing else turns on. The Battery Master, APU... nothing can be turned on.

I experienced this the first time too. I’d recommend resetting the CRJ folder as mentioned in FAQs, then loading A320 cold and dark, and only after that perform the first load of CRJ. One of the first things I did after it loaded I switched the default starting state in EFB to cold and dark. Since then it “works” with the workaround I mentioned. First A320, then CRJ. 

Once again a report of what worked and what didnt, on my side:

Started the sim, loaded a prop plane into EDDK. Taxied 2 mins. Then I changed the aircraft with the developer mode, without going back to menu. First the 700 then the 550. Both spawned and worked completely fine. That was the first time I managed to spawn the 550 btw. I now have all 8 "m"-files in the CRJ folder. The 3D file that Hans mentioned is gone now.

After doing this I went back to the main menu and loaded the CRJ700 into EDDK via the world map. That worked aswell. After that I restarted the sim. Again I tried to load the CRJ700 into EDDK. This time the sim crashed in the loadingscreen again. I think all steps are repeatable but it wont load the CRJ into an airport after starting the sim.

17 minutes ago, MichailusB said:

I experienced this the first time too. I’d recommend resetting the CRJ folder as mentioned in FAQs, then loading A320 cold and dark, and only after that perform the first load of CRJ. One of the first things I did after it loaded I switched the default starting state in EFB to cold and dark. Since then it “works” with the workaround I mentioned. First A320, then CRJ. 

Thank you.

I am going with my method modified from yours,  for now.  

1) Start A320 cold and dark at a gate.

2) Use developers Window to replace the A320 with the CRJ and its now all started and ready.

This saves me some time by not going back to the menu and I don't have to do all the engine start up thingi. I have become so lazy flying with aircraft ready to Taxi position I didn't even know how to start Cold and Dark until a few minutes ago.  :)

This is my current work around until Aerosoft/ASOBO fixes this thing  or this process fails at some time.  At least now I can get my CRJ fix and don't have to bother Mathies and Hans with the constant "Are we there yet". every hour. LOL :)

Archived