SIM keeps crashing trying to load the CRJ

PhntmV2

1 hour ago, Hans Hartmann said:

1) Please try to run the simulator as Administrator and try again

2) Please enable developer mode in the MSFS Options and disable "Load Modules Asynchronously" in the [DevMode]|Options menu

3) Please let us know if you moved your community folder out of its regular location by using symbolic links

4) How much memory do you have installed in your PC?

1) my sim is always ran as admin.

2) after doing this step, the sim loaded perfectly when starting on the runway. I exited and loaded the sim at a gate and encountered CTD. When starting on runway with ILS Flight plan encounter CTD. When starting on runway with VFR flight plan encounter CTD.

3) Community folder has not been moved and is in the same location as set when installing it through Steam.

4) 32 gigs of ram! 2tb hard drive with 100 gigs left for play.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2) Please enable developer mode in the MSFS Options and disable "Load Modules Asynchronously" in the [DevMode]|Options menu

3) Please let us know if you moved your community folder out of its regular location by using symbolic links

The more feedback we can give them, the more likely it is that they are able to track down the cause of the problem and provide a quick fix for it.

Thank you!

So, here's the strange thing:

1 - no change

2 - I loaded the simulator, disabled "load modules asynchronously" and then loaded a flight on Paderborn with the CRJ 700 without any problems. Quit the flight, selected another livery and again loaded without crashing. Started cheering. Quit again, selected the CRJ 550 on Schiphol and it began to load. After a couple of minutes, the blue bar was half way the loading screen, it CTD'd... no succesful load since then. Started crying.

3 - my community folder is at it's default location, no links used.

4 - 32GB (2x Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 DIMM 2400MHz)

Other specs:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz

Samsung 860 EVO M.2 1TB with 150 GB free space

NVIDIA GForce GTX 1060 3GB

29 minutes ago, Threshold20212 said:

xbox.com/refunds (do it the day you purchase it and there is no problem) - that's what I did. I'm not accepting it the sim's fault. It should work - end of.

Hi

i ve bought crj from aerosoft 🙄🥲

i’ve created  a ticket 16 hours ago for the same problem and i have no answer 

i’m gonna wait until this evening and if i have no answer i will ask refund.

first time i have a problem with msfs and a payware...

OK. Thank you for your responses. I forwarded the information and it's now being looked into.

I'm confident that you all are on top of this and that a solution will come trough.

• Aerosoft

As said we are discussing this with Asobo. We will need there help to understand why this happens with a few users and not the many thousands of others. As the add-on runs completely in the sandbox of MSFS, it is highly unlikely there is an OS issue.

Sounds like many of the people affected have tried loading in the first time with a flight plan made in the MSFS flight planning tool.  Could that have any effect?  I don't have problems myself, but several people with the issue I've seen across various forums have mentioned that detail.

• Aerosoft
Just now, cmorg said:

Sounds like many of the people affected have tried loading in the first time with a flight plan made in the MSFS flight planning tool.  Could that have any effect?

Would  be strange but if that is confirmed it would be a massive clue to what could be the issue.

Do note the default flightplans do not load in the CRJ.

1 minute ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Would  be strange but if that is confirmed it would be a massive clue to what could be the issue.

I agree it would be strange, and I'm not an affected user, so I cannot contribute my own anecdotal evidence, but I have seen several users mention it.  Hope it gets straightened out for everyone.  I'll be interested to see what the final resolution is.

I have the problem without a flightplan loaded. Just trying to spawn on a runway/stand on a random airport

The first time it loaded however, it took very long (that seems to be normal) and it loaded correctly. but after 1min, it crashed.

Ever since, I couldn't load the plane at all.

vor 6 Minuten, cmorg sagte:

Sounds like many of the people affected have tried loading in the first time with a flight plan made in the MSFS flight planning tool.  Could that have any effect?  I don't have problems myself, but several people with the issue I've seen across various forums have mentioned that detail.

I didnt load it with a flightplan, just to a gate on an airport.

Just now, PhntmV2 said:

I didnt load it with a flightplan, just to a gate on an airport.

1 minute ago, sandpatt said:

I have the problem without a flightplan loaded. Just trying to spawn on a runway/stand on a random airport

The first time it loaded however, it took very long (that seems to be normal) and it loaded correctly. but after 1min, it crashed.

Ever since, I couldn't load the plane at all.

Good to know, then.  I just noticed several had mentioned it, but it looks now like what I suggested is probably not relevant.

The worst part of this all is that MSFS needs like 10-20 Minutes until u get to the point where u can try to load the flight. (yes I have a good PC) Its incredible slow since the last update. If MSFS would just pop up and be ready to go this prolly wouldve already been fixed. I know its a complex Sim in terms of graphics, but this perfomance is really unacceptable. I sat there 4 hours yesterday, 90% of the time I was sitting in the loading screen. Its really horrible Aerosoft is getting blamed and getting refunds for this now. The MSFS just isnt as good as it could be. In terms of sandbox problems and loading time. They need to do this. I dont care about world updates anymore, they have to fix the sim and carry on afterwards with content updates.

2 hours ago, Hans Hartmann said:

OK. Thank you for your responses. I forwarded the information and it's now being looked into.

Ran as as Admin.

Did that.

First time after install, I flew the CRJ (first test flight and everything looked good), I moved the folder to another location and used the linker and I got the dark cockpit wit h engine running. So copied it back and still had the issue. so I completely uninstalled the CRJ, deleted all the folders including the m* files and did a reinstall. Then I got the CTDs going.. but now I am past the CTD, it now loads but it loaded good once. I flew it again and was happy. The second time it loaded with Dark cockpit but engines running. That's where I am . It loads but avionics are all turned off. I have the m* files recreted 4 of them for the 700CRJ (Did not try the second CRJ)

32GB and 8GB VRAM

Manny

And cmorg here tried to help me in AVSIM forum. Thanks bud! :) Good to see you here.

i won't want to break dreams but i don't see the connection with asobo or microsoft. the simple fact of having an atypical and unusual message indicating that at the first loading it can take up to 10 minutes is already synonymous for me with a mode of creation apart and which obviously poses a problem and not ONLY for a handful of 'buyers of this device. if it were asobo the problem, the majority would have this problem except there the CTD bug is caused by different means: by launching a flight plan, without flight plan, from a gate, directly at the end of the runway etc etc etc. for me it is a design problem and not a software problem. last point concerning me: it is regrettable to have to seek information on this problem whereas I created a ticket to the support and that I have no answer, not even a "hello we identified the problem, we are in During the investigation, we will get back to you as soon as we have found a solution, we apologize for the inconvenience caused "nothing, no such message. At 50 € the plane even if there are few of us, it is always nice to have an answer already and to have a polite form of complacency which apologizes for the problems encountered. At the cost of this addon, that's the least of it. 
hope that you find the reason of this problem

vor 2 Minuten, podzob sagte:

i won't want to break dreams but i don't see the connection with asobo or microsoft. the simple fact of having an atypical and unusual message indicating that at the first loading it can take up to 10 minutes is already synonymous for me with a mode of creation apart and which obviously poses a problem and not ONLY for a handful of 'buyers of this device. if it were asobo the problem, the majority would have this problem except there the CTD bug is caused by different means: by launching a flight plan, without flight plan, from a gate, directly at the end of the runway etc etc etc. for me it is a design problem and not a software problem. last point concerning me: it is regrettable to have to seek information on this problem whereas I created a ticket to the support and that I have no answer, not even a "hello we identified the problem, we are in During the investigation, we will get back to you as soon as we have found a solution, we apologize for the inconvenience caused "nothing, no such message. At 50 € the plane even if there are few of us, it is always nice to have an answer already and to have a polite form of complacency which apologizes for the problems encountered. At the cost of this addon, that's the least of it. 
hope that you find the reason of this problem

Totally agree to you.

I have an idea. So far, no one who bought it within the markplace have this issue. I'd like one of us to (Not sure if Aerosoft would give us back credit for this purchase from their shop)  uninstall this complete, delete all the folders including the m* files and then purchase this from the market place and try it out if the issue goes away.

Manny 

vor 1 minute, Manny sagte:

I have an idea. So far, no one who bought it within the markplace have this issue. I'd like one of us to (Not sure if Aerosoft would give us back credit for this purchase from their shop)  uninstall this complete, delete all the folders including the m* files and then purchase this from the market place and try it out if the issue goes away.

Manny 

Sorry, you're wrong. As I wrote, I bought it via the market place.

Hi,

Also having CTD issues. 

Tried many of the basic steps (run as administrator / uninstall / reinstall etc /Anti Virus off /removed all other add ons) without any luck.

Regarding the Asobo suggested steps I had partial success:

1) Please try to run the simulator as Administrator and try again

Ran as as Admin.

Did that.

No

4) How much memory do you have installed in your PC?

32GB and 8GB VRAM

The loading screen took longer than normal (maybe 5 minutes) including a few minutes where it looked to be frozen.  BUT CRJ successfully loaded on the runway.  Unfortunately did not work a second time (did not change anything - eg still in developer mode same as above).  The system CTD immediately after hitting 'Fly'.

I have my OS on my 'c:' drive

I have MSFS on 'd:' which is where I insatll all FS apps addons

I noticed the installer installs the CRJ files on 'c:' except the community folder which it knows to use d: not sure if this is at all relevant or common to others having this problem.

Regards

7 minutes ago, Manny said:

Manny 

Incorrect, I’ve currently been getting CTD issues, and I purchased through the marketplace. Only loaded the plane once but it crashed within a few minutes- and I haven’t been able to load it since.

Just a suggestion, but for those who own the steam edition of MSFS- it couldn’t hurt to use the verify the integrity function on your install to grab any missing files. Also I had the sim fully updated in the content manager, but when I went to verify the integrity on steam- MSFS had more updates for me to install. Will update later when I get off work, to see if there is any effect.

Archived