SIM keeps crashing trying to load the CRJ

PhntmV2

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
vor 13 Minuten, dantheo sagte:

That's because you're supposed to be looking under Local, not Roaming. Look here -

\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\packages

I'm on the AS-shop-version, and you're right. With your help I could find my files ... :)

I did so many things I now lost track. But now I am sitting in San Diego with the CRJ started an all everything seems to look good. Those m* files I deleted are back there in those folders. Yes. I too had to start with the default GA aircraft in another airport (Not my home airport KDFW) and then used the developer menu to replace it with few other aircrafts like the 737 and A330 etc to make sure my sim was good. then I went back to main menu and started a new flight with the CRJ 700 in KSAN... it took a while...but to my pleasant surprise, it loaded good.

But I am paralyzed to  fly this thing and restart the sim... I think I am going to sit here for the next 15 years. :)

Manny

Edited to Add: I just went back to the Menu and restarted another flight and now the problem is back. it's all dark but the engine is running. sigh!

Somehow i managed to load the CRJ on an airport now. The 3D object file is still there tho. Lets see what tomorrow brings, grab urself a beer guys!

+1 user with a CTD on CRJ load here. I was able to load the CRJ successfully by loading a default aircraft first, then exiting the flight and loading the CRJ in the air (as described in this post), but subsequent attempts consistently crash.

Event Viewer Log:

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x6040b793
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x6040b793
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000188bf77
Faulting process id: 0x1150
Faulting application start time: 0x01d71ad271707855
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.14.5.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.14.5.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Report Id: ad7921a0-505a-4677-9dbe-7bbb3aff1e2e
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.14.5.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

I think more people are having this issue than you know and I find it quite remarkable that no one has come across this issue in the dev team. I have the exact same issue where the sim crashes when loading the game. I tried the FAQ and removed the m files and it is still crashing. Paying 50 dollars for an addon that is not working is pretty bad. It seems that it does not matter if it's STEAM or the MS store it is clearly broken.

So after some basic troubleshooting try this. Turn on developer mode in MSFS 2020. Load any default plane in air.. fly the plane a minute or so and then select WINDOWS in the developer mode menu at the top left. then choose AIRCRAFT SELECTOR. you may have to expand the window to see all of your planes. now choose any CRJ aircraft and then select the LOAD button at the bottm left of the window.  The CRJ will load and your game will freeze. Just let it sit and wait for it to unfreeze. then see if you can fly the plane and load another flight from scratch. 

UPDATE: 1 hour later and it still crashes. It was stuck at the screen so long that I killed the MSFS process.

So far my sim has been sitting for 20 minutes now after trying my method i explained. Its frozen in game but in task manager it doesn't show it as not responding. I guess I will see if it ever un freezes. I will give it an hour.

My specs in case anyone is wondering:

Core I7 10700K 4.5Ghz

32Gigs of 3200Mhz RAM

1Tb M.2 NVME drive

Nvidia RTX 3070

And MSFS 2020 still runs like garbage in most cities.. LOL.

Here's another one. First try was the 700, at EHAM with a Microsoft flightplan to Munchen. CTD as soon as I hit the load button. 2nd attempt was just the 700 on the runway of London City (Orbx version). No flightplan or whatsoever. The loading screen stayed on, blue bar kept progressing very slowly until I terminated the process after 2,5 hours. Third attempt was the 500 at the platform of Mykonos in Greece. This time it loaded very quickly and seemed to work fine. Fourth time I tried the 500 and 700 again at EHAM but it would only CTD. I then deleted the 'm' files and turned off the computer for I had to work the nightshift.... gonna try again later today.

I also have the CTD with CRJ on msfs, few secs after i press the Fly button.

M files on:

\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\packages\aerosoft-crj

with:

MS Store msfs version + CRJ from ingame marketplace.

After some tests I figured out that CRJ only loads if i previously open a default aircraft.

Strait away CRJ load = CTD (start msfs, crj)

If load default aircraft THEN CRJ = Success (default aircraft, crj)

If load CRJ (with success) THEN CRJ (on other location) = CTD (default aircraft, crj, crj)

So, CRJ only loads well if I previously open a default aircraft.

I have exactly the same problem. MSFS boxed version and CRJ market place version. The download was only 874 MB? (As far as I remember)

Started the sim as administrator.

After pressing the "Fly" button the simulator crashes without any message. The regarding folder consists the follwoing files:

Please login to display this image.

vor 8 Minuten, Bent Schrader sagte:

I have exactly the same problem. MSFS boxed version and CRJ market place version. The download was only 874 MB? (As far as I remember)

Started the sim as administrator.

After pressing the "Fly" button the simulator crashes without any message. The regarding folder consists the follwoing files:

Please login to display this image.

To be honest - I'm really pissed off. Waited all the day long for the release, payed 50 bugs for a product which is not working! Sorry Aerosoft - next time - spend some more time in development and testing before publishing a product that's not working as expected. :(

Tested this morning again and can confirm this pattern - loaded A320, sim works. Selected CRJ, loaded at any airport, CRJ works. The plane works as intended, haven´t found issues. After quitting the flight and trying to load CRJ again, CTD. 

It seems loading a "default" plane first initiates something that then helps to load CRJ. 

P.S.: I don´t think this could be detected by any thorough testing - there are thousands of simmers now who have no CTDs whatsoever, this must be a very specific bug, I´m sure it´s solvable. Thank you, Aerosoft, for a great work already - the plane really looks and feels great. 

• Developer

Good morning!

I just spoke to our friends and Asobo and they confirmed that these CTDs are indeed an issue with the simulator itself and not the CRJ. They asked me to ask you to try/tell us about these four things:

1) Please try to run the simulator as Administrator and try again

2) Please enable developer mode in the MSFS Options and disable "Load Modules Asynchronously" in the [DevMode]|Options menu

3) Please let us know if you moved your community folder out of its regular location by using symbolic links

4) How much memory do you have installed in your PC?

The more feedback we can give them, the more likely it is that they are able to track down the cause of the problem and provide a quick fix for it.

Thank you!

57 minutes ago, Hans Hartmann said:

Good morning!

I just spoke to our friends and Asobo and they confirmed that these CTDs are indeed an issue with the simulator itself and not the CRJ. They asked me to ask you to try/tell us about these four things:

1) Please try to run the simulator as Administrator and try again

2) Please enable developer mode in the MSFS Options and disable "Load Modules Asynchronously" in the [DevMode]|Options menu

3) Please let us know if you moved your community folder out of its regular location by using symbolic links

4) How much memory do you have installed in your PC?

The more feedback we can give them, the more likely it is that they are able to track down the cause of the problem and provide a quick fix for it.

Thank you!

Good morning again,

1) ran as Administrator
2) disabled Load Modules Asynchronously in DevMode Options

3) no, Community folder and it contents stay in the same location since the install of MSFS

4) 32 GB of RAM, 300GB of SSD free space

When loading CRJ as a first plane after launching the sim, the sim CTDs.

Archived