SIM keeps crashing trying to load the CRJ

PhntmV2

5 minutes ago, Hans Hartmann said:

I'm sorry, but probably not. If we could reproduce it, it would be a whole different thing, but the time when the crash is happening, is before the CRJ is loaded. That makes it very very difficult for us to track down. I already left my contact at Asobo a message but it's 8:30 PM and he won't see it before tomorrow morning.

One more thing: Where did you guys buy your CRJs? From the Aerosoft shop or the Microsoft Marketplace? (I'm not trying to blame anyone, I'm trying to find a pattern...)

I´m having CTDs (even after trying everything mentioned in FAQs) too - I bought the CRJ in Aerosoft Store. In my case it generates few bites large "m" file and crashes. Not been able to load the plane yet, unfortunately. 

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have the same issue.

I deleted m* from that folder and restarted sim and loaded the CRJ in the sim. Now i have only one m file

m25e98d15.obj

nothing else.. and it CTDs right away 

• Developer

OK. So splitting the thread was a mistake. Turns out that all have the same issue. I'm sorry to say but right now we can't do much. I'll try to get a solution for you tomorrow morning.

Just to update... I´ve "reset" the CRJ folder in MS LocalState. Loaded Airbus A320, loading of that aircraft took some 8 minutes. Quit the flight, selected CRJ, loaded CRJ. The loading took less than one minute, CRJ loaded onto the simulation. I could interact with EFB, started the start-up procedure. Quit the flight, wanted to check again. To no avail - now I can´t load CRJ any more, always immediate CTD. These are the files in the folder, let me know if you would like me to provide some more details. 

P.S.: The aircraft looks and feels amazing, at least based on those 3 mins I managed to load it and use it. There must be something broken in the way the simulator loads the aircraft. Using no antivirus, MSFS running as admin. 

Please login to display this image.

I don't know if it can help you guys in the troubleshooting, but i've tried the following without any succes.

0) empty community folder

1) delete crj in content manager

2) delete the aerosoft-crj folder in appdata

3) start the sim and fly with another plane 

4) restart the sim and re-download the CRJ

5) a new aerosoft-crj folder was created

6) restart the sim

7) load a flight with the crj 700 > again instant crash and only 1 file created in the appdata folder

Eventvwr always give the same error

Naam van toepassing met fout: FlightSimulator.exe, versie: 0.0.0.0, tijdstempel: 0x6040b793
Naam van module met fout: FlightSimulator.exe, versie: 0.0.0.0, tijdstempel: 0x6040b793
Uitzonderingscode: 0xc0000005
Foutmarge: 0x000000000188bf77
Id van proces met fout: 0x3a4c
Starttijd van toepassing met fout: 0x01d71aa76d119f5b
Pad naar toepassing met fout: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.14.5.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Pad naar module met fout: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.14.5.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Rapport-id: f4ad2647-7238-4645-adf5-ac6ce039b76e
Volledige pakketnaam met fout: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.14.5.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Relatieve toepassings-id van pakket met fout: App

Update - I loaded into any plane on ground, then I went back to main menu and selected the 700. I  saw someone else suggest trying to start in mid air. I did this and it loaded. I let it crash and it put me at the nearest airport after respawn. I was then able to fly the plane. I exited it out an chose another airport and it loaded just fine. I flew for a little bit and backed out to main menu. I then loaded the 550 and that is when it took about 8 minutes to load and it did. I was able to fly that as well. I now have all 8 files that were suppose to be there. I have closed sim and tried it again and all seems to work. Before doing all this I deleted all the "m" files or file that was present as the FAQ suggested. Hope you all can get it. 

vor 9 Minuten, JamesAnthony sagte:

Update - I loaded into any plane on ground, then I went back to main menu and selected the 700. I  saw someone else suggest trying to start in mid air. I did this and it loaded. I let it crash and it put me at the nearest airport after respawn. I was then able to fly the plane. I exited it out an chose another airport and it loaded just fine. I flew for a little bit and backed out to main menu. I then loaded the 550 and that is when it took about 8 minutes to load and it did. I was able to fly that as well. I now have all 8 files that were suppose to be there. I have closed sim and tried it again and all seems to work. Before doing all this I deleted all the "m" files or file that was present as the FAQ suggested. Hope you all can get it. 

Imma try that *_*

One more hint from my side: on my PC MSFS didn't even create a folder "aerosoft-crj" in the appdata/roaming folder. But my CRJ works, at least on the ground. All displays are on. Hadn't the time yet to start a first flight.

AppData/Roaming/../Packages: no CRJ-folder, no "m"-files. Maybe this folder has been created somewhere else, but I didn't change anything during the installation (I've installed the CRJ 3 times, just to check this)

AppData/Local/.../Community: 1,61 GB installed without issues

hello,
I have the same problem. I bought on the site, the installation is going well, i did the installation as administrator.

I see the plane, I can select it, I choose the airport and I click on launch the flight, when loading approximately 1/3, MSFS crash and I go back to the desktop
after 4 instal, retry... 
I don't understand why I have these crashes
Thanks for your help

The behavior on my side is as follows now:

• start the sim, load CRJ on the ground (gate, parking, runway, wherever) - CTD
  • start the sim, load A320 (FBW) on the ground (gate, parking, runway, wherever) - OK
    • load CRJ on the ground - OK
    • everything works on the plane, controls, displays, manage to take off and perform a flight succesfully (what an amazing job you did guys, it´s splendid)
  • exit the flight, back to the menu
  • start another flight with CRJ - CTD
  • restart the sim, load CRJ on the ground (gate, parking, runway, wherever) - CTD
  • rinse and repeat. 

In my case the CRJ gets loaded and works only after I load another plane. If I want to start a new flight after a running a CRJ "session", immediately CTD. No way I can start with the CRJ straight away. 

vor 35 Minuten, JamesAnthony sagte:

Why did it reset you to the airport after crashing? I get reseted to where I started, in the air.

1 minute ago, PhntmV2 said:

Why did it reset you to the airport after crashing? I get reseted to where I started, in the air.

Maybe something to do with starting over the water? It would be me at an airport. I am not sure tho. Did it work for you?

I tried what you did. It didnt reset me to the airport. So I was going back to main menu. Then I tried to relaunch the 700 on an airport. It instantly crashed. I forgot to delete the m file tho, maybe thats what caused it. I have 5 m files now tho. Im restarting the sim now, maybe it will work.

20 minutes ago, lowi66 said:

One more hint from my side: on my PC MSFS didn't even create a folder "aerosoft-crj" in the appdata/roaming folder. But my CRJ works, at least on the ground. All displays are on. Hadn't the time yet to start a first flight.

AppData/Roaming/../Packages: no CRJ-folder, no "m"-files. Maybe this folder has been created somewhere else, but I didn't change anything during the installation (I've installed the CRJ 3 times, just to check this)

AppData/Local/.../Community: 1,61 GB installed without issues

That's because you're supposed to be looking under Local, not Roaming. Look here -

\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\packages

• Developer
2 minutes ago, dantheo said:

That's because you're supposed to be looking under Local, not Roaming. Look here -

\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\packages

Depends. If he has a Steam version of MSFS, it's Roaming, not Local.

4 minutes ago, dantheo said:

For steam he is looking in the right place.

Archived