SIM keeps crashing trying to load the CRJ

PhntmV2

Hey there, my SIM keeps crashing when trying to load the CRJ. I installed it from ur website, that worked totally fine.

I can see the CRJ in my planes list but the SIM wont load it without crashing. Its really frustrating, Im trying since 2 hours now...

Help please :(

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Developer

OK. If you look at the folder C:\Users\[Your_Username]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\aerosoft-crj, do you see any files starting with the letter "m"?

Yes I do. There is a crj-folder in the community folder where all the files are located. The folder u are mentioning, wich is in the packages folder, seems to have nothing really inside besides one empty folder and this m... file u are mentioning.

• Developer

OK. I take it that you noticed the message that it can take up to ten minutes to load the CRJ for the first time (reason is internal to MSFS and related to these "m"-files). If so, one of the "m"-files should be a DLL. Can you confirm this?

I did notice that message, yes. I gave the simulator 10 minutes in the main menu and loaded it then. The sim crashed after 5 seconds in the loadingscreen as it happened before. I dont really know what a DLL is, the file-type says 3D Objekt on this m..file. And there is only one of them in the folder.

Please login to display this image.

• Developer

Wow. It doesn't even really start the conversion process. OK. This is clearly "before the CRJ". I will talk to the support team to find out what the reason might be. Actually there should be four "m"-files after a successful conversion (8 when both aircraft have been loaded for the first time).

Thanks so much Hans, I had a feeling there is something wrong. Maybe just reinstalling would do it? Even though I dont really know how to do that because I can prolly enter the serial number only once.

I had this exact same behvaviour. Finally realised what was supposed to happen after I started seeing the other files being created in that folder.

Note it was on about my 7th try, switching between the 700 & 550 that it finally initalised properly.

Also had a partial conversion where only one file was there, but about 486MB, plane would load but none of the screens were displayed, EFB unresponsive etc. I removed from content manger & reinstalled.

Also bought via the in-sim marketplace.

I can confirm this is the same issue for me. I encounter the CTD as soon as I select my departure airport and am on the loading screen. I've tried loading into both models of the aircraft. When looking in the folder as mentioned above I see only the one 3d Object folder and the Work folder.

interesting... I didnt install it from the marketplace tho, I installed it from the official aerosoft website. So I dont think it has anything to do with that. But I am "happy" that Im bot the only one with that problem.

I have the exact same issue. 

My files are not stored in the filepath above, but in C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\packages\aerosoft-crj

There I can see multiple files starting with 'm3d', including a dll file.

I'm using the MS store version of MSFS and the CRJ is coming from the ingame store.

vor 9 Minuten, Hans Hartmann sagte:

The first ideas are:

- Anti-virus software is detecting the m-files as a threat. Try with the AV software turned off.

- Try to run MSFS as administrator

I dont have any AV software installed. I tried running it as admin but that didnt change anything. Still crashes after 5 secs into loading screen.

vor 11 Minuten, Mathijs Kok sagte:

If we find out why, perhaps. 

But it is very hard to debug something you can't reproduce and does not happen with other people.  As the simulator is a sandbox the issue has to lie inside the sim.

Well, as u can see it does happen to other people. But of course I understand it isnt easy for u aswell, so I`ll try to remain patient..

• Developer
23 minutes ago, PhntmV2 said:

Do you think this will be fixed today? Ive been looking forward to this day for a really long time...

I'm sorry, but probably not. If we could reproduce it, it would be a whole different thing, but the time when the crash is happening, is before the CRJ is loaded. That makes it very very difficult for us to track down. I already left my contact at Asobo a message but it's 8:30 PM and he won't see it before tomorrow morning.

One more thing: Where did you guys buy your CRJs? From the Aerosoft shop or the Microsoft Marketplace? (I'm not trying to blame anyone, I'm trying to find a pattern...)

Archived