Honeycomb C172 NAV problem

Anyone else having trouble with C172SP and C172SP G1000 locking in on the GPS "magenta line" when using NAV to fly an autopilot flight Plan when using the Honeycomb Bravo Throttle?  (the GPS/NAV swith is set to GPS on the C172Sp; the CDI is set to GPS on the C172SP G1000). Any ideas would be much appreciated.  Thank you.  (Just received my Honeycomb Bravo last week.  Hove not tried it with any other aircraft yet. Trying to learn the Honeycomb with a simple aircraft...but been an excercise in frustration so far.)

Best Regards,
Dean

Thank you, @jaiimez, for your reply.  Currently set at "Autopilot heading select and NAV arm".  Thank you.  Have tried different settings...really fighting with it...kind of frustrating.

Best Regards,

Dean

15 minutes ago, Kodiak959 said:

Thank you, @jaiimez, for your reply.  Currently set at "Autopilot heading select and NAV arm".  Thank you.  Have tried different settings...really fighting with it...kind of frustrating.

Best Regards,

Dean

Thst sounds wrong, I believe I use the sim/aircraft/autopilot/heading_mode dataref and you just need to find out what the value for nav mode is, then set that as the value for the button press.

I'm in bed myself now so can't check mine but I can have a look tomorrow.

@jaiimezI will check that out.  Again, thank you very much for your help...much appreciated!!!  Are you programming in the dataref using the HC Configurator.  If so, then do you disable the button settings in the sim, and just use the settings programmed into the Bravo using the HC Configurator?  Thank you.  Still confused as to what I should be doing, using settings set in the sim or program the Bravo buttons using HC Configurator.

8 hours ago, Kodiak959 said:

@jaiimezI will check that out.  Again, thank you very much for your help...much appreciated!!!  Are you programming in the dataref using the HC Configurator.  If so, then do you disable the button settings in the sim, and just use the settings programmed into the Bravo using the HC Configurator?  Thank you.  Still confused as to what I should be doing, using settings set in the sim or program the Bravo buttons using HC Configurator.

Yeah I've programmed everything via the configurator except the Axis.

You can do either, the benefits of doing it inside the sim is with XP you can assign it to auto load profiles based on the selected aircraft, whereas via the configurator you have to manually change the profile.

The reason I do it via the configurator is the main aircrafts I like to fly have some custom datarefs that need to be written to (as there is no commands that can be used to do what I want) and to my understanding if your using the in sim controls you can only assign commands to a button press and not manually rewrite datared values.

• Aerosoft

Hi,

You can do either, the benefits of doing it inside the sim is with XP you can assign it to auto load profiles based on the selected aircraft, whereas via the configurator you have to manually change the profile.

There actually is already the "under-the-hood" mechanic in place for you to have local profiles linked to a certain aircraft: after activating the profile you want to use for a specific aircraft in the ConfigTool you can manually copy "AFC_Yoke_Config.json" and/or "BFC_Throttle_Config.json" from "ConfigTool\win_x64" or "ConfigTool\mac_x64" into e.g. "X-Plane 11\Aircraft\B737-800X\honeycomb_profiles\" where B737-800X is the aircraft you want to assign the local profile to. Now, everytime you load that plane up, the plugin checks for those local profiles in "honeycomb_profiles" first and only if they are NOT there, reverts to the global ones in "ConfigTool\win_x64" or "ConfigTool\mac_x64".

• 1 month later...

Archived