Some info on the Twin Otter 1.10 update

And as one of those actual Twin Otter drivers, I can say you've done a great job on the flight model now. Don't think you can make it fly any closer to the real one than you've done. Great job.

cheers,

steve :)

As an X Twin Otter driver who wasnt't invited to test, I'm glad to hear you were :-) (I've been gone for 2 weeks so maybe I missed it :-)

PPS and Steve

Is it that good? I was on beta, but didn't have the handbook available so I couldn't try out according to procedures. I found there were some odd times when the plane seemed a tad iffy in flight. Of course, without the "numbers" I had nothing to guide me.

Besides, my forte was visuals and details. I would have liked more detail, but she's right for the price.

...and a pleasure to paint!

PPS and Steve

Is it that good? I was on beta, but didn't have the handbook available so I couldn't try out according to procedures. I found there were some odd times when the plane seemed a tad iffy in flight. Of course, without the "numbers" I had nothing to guide me.

Besides, my forte was visuals and details. I would have liked more detail, but she's right for the price.

Hi Chris

I just got back and to be honest, I've not flown it yet, but I have every confidence if Steve was involved in the testing, it's right on the money. I am still trying to figure out this #%&*$& shared cockpit issue, as it's driving me NUTS!

BTW, any chance of an 'Air New England' livery? :-)

Jay

take a look in the "additional liveries" thread Jay, Air NE is work-in-progress. I am doing a "dirty skin" for this one because the skin is otherwise plain...

I posted a couple of teasers shots there.

take a look in the "additional liveries" thread Jay, Air NE is work-in-progress. I am doing a "dirty skin" for this one because the skin is otherwise plain...

I posted a couple of teasers shots there.

WOOHOO ! Ty Sir :-)

PPS and Steve

Yeah, I'm really happy with it now, Chris. The thing it just didn't have before was the pitch stability, especially with power changes. That is something the real one is SO good at: on a rough day on approach you can go up and down with the power, but the pitch stays rock sold and when you glance at the airspeed, it's right where you want it. Before, I was chasing airspeed all over the place and trimming all the time. That's gone now and she's just as solid as the real one. I think the new flight model that will be in the update is excellent.

Can I talk you into my Samoa Air paint when you're done with Jay's Air New England? :lol:

cheers,

steve :)

• Aerosoft

Some more news on the 1.10 update. Last thursday we got one MDL from sibWings (they done models/texures and most gauge work) and we added our new bits to it. That all worked out very well. However Andrey from SibWings is having a long weekend in the Siberian mountains so we are on hold at this moment. Andrey will be back on Wednesday and I hope to get the updates on all the models and send it out before the weekend. If there is a lot of demand I can send out yet another intermediate update for the 300 original panel model, but it feels a bit strange to send out again an incomplete update.

SOLVED

Flightmodel:

F007 : Wheel-ski crash when landing "gear up" (Partial Fixed, animation needs to be reversed)

F008 : Reverse with hardware controllers (Fixed, but with key assignment for the very last full back position area in FSUIPC)

F010 : MOI to be changed in .mdl file (Fixed, but only -300, until testing has ended)

Gauges:

G004 : Oil temp gauge mismatch (Fixed)

G008 : Marker beacons added (Fixed)

G012 : Beta range light logic changed (Fixed)

G013 : DME needs to be added (Fixed)

G011 : Glide slope indicator added to HSI (Fixed)

G013 : DME added to Virtual cockpit (Fixed)

Interiour model issues:

I004 : VC lighting (Fixed)

Exterior model issues:

E001 : Propeller wobble on some models (Fixed)

Other:

O001 : Possibility to add 3rd party panel popups like FSMap and Xgauge (Fixed)

STILL OPEN (needs changes in the mdl's)

Flightmodel:

F007 : Wheel-ski animation needs to be reversed

Gauges:

G001 : Avionics switch placement

G003 : 100 model torque gauge calibration

Exterior model issues:

E005 : Prop rotation

Interior model issues:

I001 : Misaligned knobs on modern radios and GPS

I003 : Power lever animation at idle and reverse

Well I love tinkering and testing, so another "incomplete" update should keep me busy for a few days.

Keeps the mind occupied! :lol:

I say release it. Movement forward is always good. The only downside will be that you'll also keep the "grumblers" something to talk about. :lol:

Cheers

Ben

BTW, any chance of an 'Air New England' livery? :-)

Jay

Jay,

Oddly enough, though I am reasonably certain that I once flew on an ANE Twin Otter, I really don't associate ANE with Twin Otters so much as I associate Pilgrim as well as Downeast with the DHC-6.

In fact, if I am not mistaken, it was Joe Fugere, who founded Pilgrim who literally pioneered the use and development of the Twin Otter as a regional feeder/commuter airline. He travelled all over the world and consulted with others starting similar operations. I had a friend who worked for Pilgrim towards the end when they sold out. I think Joe Fugere died a few years back. A Pilgrim livery might be nice.

Bump

• Aerosoft
Is this minor bug or is it intended to be like this?

The clear windows are part of repaints done by one of our friends (Dag) who prefers them like that. If you search this forum (sorry, can't find the link) you will find a way to use one of the other on all aircraft.