Aerosoft web shop is super slow!

august78

Question: I gave up on your download server and purchased a second copy of the CRJ from MSFS marketplace. Can I give my aerosoft version copy away to a friend? 

Just now, fly3400 said:

Hi. I cannot download either. Tried 3 different browsers on a 200Mbps connection. Seems to be a common issue. High server load? 

Most likely they havent an issue on the payment processing side thats for sure.

For some reason the download link has "mirror/eu" at the end of it... are all downloads being ran through the EU distribution node?  That's not very good.

EDIT:

Not sure if it was just a fluke, but I removed the /mirror/eu from the end of the link and mine has downloaded!  Suggest everyone to try this!

1 minute ago, emilkernen said:

This is so bad... They did know this. They have been bragging about how many people that have been checking their forum and now they cant even handel my download?

Even if they expected a massive surge in traffic, it isn't exactly easy or cheap to increase your server bandwidth/capacity for a 1-time event.  Would you go out and buy a 15-passenger van to drive every day because one day every few years you have to transport a bunch of people?

3 minutes ago, emilkernen said:

This is so bad... They did know this. They have been bragging about how many people that have been checking their forum and now they cant even handel my download?

Disable windows defender, that works for me. I could finally download. 

Agreed. Very disappointing, the hype was very real for this and isn't the best look. It took me 45m of reloads but it is finally coming across. Still can't wait to get this baby in the air. DFW-BTR-ATL-ROA-DCA-IND-ORD-OMA-DEN-ASE-PHX. My day is going to be full!

18 minutes ago, FlyByWire128 said:

Even if they expected a massive surge in traffic, it isn't exactly easy or cheap to increase your server bandwidth/capacity for a 1-time event.  Would you go out and buy a 15-passenger van to drive every day because one day every few years you have to transport a bunch of people?

If i was being paid by those people yah i would, and when i was done id scale back, Its called scalable infrastructure.

11 minutes ago, Raelon Masters said:

If i was being paid by those people yah i would, and when i was done id scale back, Its called scalable infrastructure.

Correct, it's not hard to do this with AWS (or other cloud providers) - it's how retailers scale up for the holidays.

I'm getting a better result using a download manager - seems more capable of handling than Chrome. But this isn't a good experience.

Simply using AWS doesn't mean your using it correctly or to its full potential, which is why I'm not sure why you linked my post here? Anyone who thinks AWS is impossible to slow down, or clog is simply deluded.

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, Raelon Masters said:

Simply using AWS doesn't mean your using it correctly or to its full potential, which is why I'm not sure why you linked my post here? Anyone who thinks AWS is impossible to slow down, or clog is simply deluded.

I will forward your comments to our IT department sir.

Archived