Auto Pilot

MultiMediaWill

Autopilot doesn't engage for me. Control sensitivity for disconnect is set to low and no trims are actuated when trying to engage it. I press the engage switch and nothing happens. Also speed and climb vertical modes in climb do not pitch for airspeed.

Is anyone else having troubles with Altitude hold? The CRJ does not want to seem to hold my altitude and will even randomly climb 1000+ feet over the altitude preselector even with the proper altimeter settings.

1 hour ago, SELCAL said:

Autopilot doesn't engage for me. Control sensitivity for disconnect is set to low and no trims are actuated when trying to engage it. I press the engage switch and nothing happens. Also speed and climb vertical modes in climb do not pitch for airspeed.

Same for me...

Impossible to engage autopilot

vor 9 Minuten, Yves LAMBERT sagte:

Same for me...

Impossible to engage autopilot

Somehow I had this once but it turned out to be a glitch of the sim itself. I started a new flight and the issue was gone. Otherwise ... In the EFB is an option which sets the sensitivity of the autopilot until it disengages. Have you already tried to reduce the sensitivity there? Maybe this helps :) 

16 minutes ago, M4V3R1CK said:

Somehow I had this once but it turned out to be a glitch of the sim itself. I started a new flight and the issue was gone. Otherwise ... In the EFB is an option which sets the sensitivity of the autopilot until it disengages. Have you already tried to reduce the sensitivity there? Maybe this helps :) 

No still the same problem with an other flight...

I have also an other "yellow alert message" indicating yaw dumper....

I don't know how to clear/solve it.

3 minutes ago, Yves LAMBERT said:

No still the same problem with an other flight...

I have also an other "yellow alert message" indicating yaw dumper....

I don't know how to clear/solve it.

I have found for yaw dumper... but stil the issue with autopilot... When trying to engage it it does 3 beeps and deconnect

In general i have to say - i love the Plane... the first one i really enjoy to fly in MSFS2020. 

BUT

I also have the autopilot issues:

- Flight Plan programmed (no discontinuities, good route)

- Yaw Dampers on

- FMS initialised with TO/GA Button before take off thrust

- stready, trimmed climb

- FMS1 set as Nav Source

when i press the AP button i see a brief green flash and a few beeps but the AP does not engage.

i used a thrustmaster warthog joystick, which delivers steady control input and no fluctuations.  

is there anything i could have overlooked ?

Thank you in advance for ideas...

Yep... same with me. AP will not engage. i have tried several flights and none of them worked. they'll get it fixed i am sure. I just hope i am not doing something wrong lol. Love the plane tho :)

• Developer

If the autopilot does not engaged you have either done a preselection of modes which are incorrect or you have controller inputs that are outside the range of tolerance. 
Try a manual steady flight and then switch the FD on and the AP. It should show Pitch and Roll and then select further modes. 

vor 2 Stunden , metzgergva sagte:

If the autopilot does not engaged you have either done a preselection of modes which are incorrect or you have controller inputs that are outside the range of tolerance. 
Try a manual steady flight and then switch the FD on and the AP. It should show Pitch and Roll and then select further modes. 

i did. does not engage.

it does not even work with simple heading select or altitude select. 😞

all stati are green, no yellow.

• Developer

Plese veryfy that your controls are delivering zero at center position. use the sensitivity slider and the other adjustments to have tem nicely centered.

vor 2 Stunden , metzgergva sagte:

i just managed to switch ap on for the first time. this time i had one yellow warning about mach trim. after i selected it i was able to switch it on. 

honestly im not sure now, if i have had warnings before as well. i dont think so, because i had checked everything twice before posting here. will watch out ....

thank you for your feedback!

vor 13 Minuten, metzgergva sagte:

So I think this is okay now?

I will now try the demo flight from cold and dark with FMS/AP and not manual this time :-). Will post here if it does not work again. Thank you for your feedback. 

2 hours ago, Clemoff said:

I will now try the demo flight from cold and dark with FMS/AP and not manual this time :-). Will post here if it does not work again. Thank you for your feedback. 

after yellow alarm is gone autopilot works fine 

• 1 month later...
On 16.3.2021 at 21:05, MultiMediaWill sagte:

Is anyone else having troubles with Altitude hold? The CRJ does not want to seem to hold my altitude and will even randomly climb 1000+ feet over the altitude preselector even with the proper altimeter settings.

As it looks, I have the same problem. Could you solve already your problem with the altitude?

I fix all the dates correctly in the FMS, but after take off and initialize the AP, the plane moves from the fixed altitude FL150 to an altitude between FL200- FL 250 or even higher.....

Archived