CRJ 700 Pro (latest update) FMS Issue with Initial Appr EGKK, ILS DME 26L

Hello

You will see from the attached that there is a fundamental issue with the FMS regarding the Initial Approach for 26L at EGKK.  I planned to use STAR BARMI1G and then route via the Initial Approach Fix TIMBA.  As can be seen, the FMS is not showing the route correctly and is, for some reason, routing miles past the left turn to pick up the 26L ILS on a 258degree heading.  I should add that I use Navigraph data (latest AIRAC with revision) and so attach the raw data for the Initial Approach and Final Approach but confess I don't fully understand it to know whether it's at fault or not.  That said, I also use Aiviasoft's EFB2 and this does show the route correctly, so I'm inclined to think there is a bug within the CRJ?  Further, I also checked with a friend who has the CRJ Pro and Navigraph  and he is experiencing the same problem.  He also tested his B737-800 NGXu from PMDG and it flew the route correctly.

Observations and feedback will obviously be helpful.

Thank you 

Trevor

Please login to display this image.

EGKK - ILS DME Rwy 26L.pdf

From time to time we pilots still find bugs in the FMS.
In this case, it looks like the FMS is not finding the transition from the endpoint of BARM1G STAR, waypoint TIMBA, in the FMS.
In my case it only says "Vectors", but no transitions can be selected, but these are contained in AIRAC as you described.

Hans should have a look - I hope he finds the time despite the MSFS2020 release.

BARNI1G, Rwy26L, no transition found in FMS

BARNI1G, RNAV Rwy26L, no transition found in FMS

Hi Hoffie3000

Thanks for you response.  I was interested to learn that your FMS was not finding the Initial Approach Transition as mine does. If you select ILS26L you will get offered <SEL> VECTORS  but also TIMBA or WILLOW.  I note you have selected RNAV26L which does not give you that option .  I should add that I enter the entire Flight Plan manually and do not use an import from Simbrief. This follows the excellent training videos done the 'The Dude'!

On a final note, my default start with the CRJ is COLD & DARK state.  However, on the Overhead  Electrical Panel the Engine GEN1, GEN2 & APU GEN switches are set to AUTO rather than OFF?  Is there a file I can update to change this?

Regards

Trevor

vor 15 Stunden , SimPilotTrev sagte:

I was interested to learn that your FMS was not finding the Initial Approach Transition as mine does.

Your objection made me check it again today.
I started with the CRJ550 and the transitions are displayed, also in the CRJ700 and the CRJ900!

I cannot explain why they were not displayed yesterday?
But that doesn't change the problem that the route is not displayed correctly. 

Archived