A/FLOOR is brought up after take-off

GaryMcCl

This is very frustrating because it's happening on every take off.  I ensure that i don't point the nose up when I leave the runway too much (on the A321 i limit it to 15°). I leave the speed as soon as I get to, which works fine.  

The problem, however, is that as soon as I turn the AP on, the engines go right down and I end up with a nose pointing up and a alert.

Can anyone explain what order I should do, or point me to the right page/documentation?

Thanks, Gaz 

I believe so. The settings are pictured:

If you wanna see another screenshot, let me know.

Gaz

Please login to display this image.

12 hours ago, masterhawk said:

Aircraft is not overloaded?

Sorry, I forgot this one. It's not overloaded. I used the tool where you specify passengers and cargo, etc. I didn't overfill.

Gaz

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Gaz,

looking at the screenshots and the values stated in the INIT B page (ZFW/ZFWCG = 46.9/26.0) as well as in the PERF TO page (/THS = DN2.3) it seems quite normal what happens because those values seem to be completely wrong. Where did you get those values from? Also the BLOCK FUEL of 2.4 for a flight from EGPH to EGKK just covers the trip fuel and does not consider any other parameter like Alternate Destination, Holding, Contingency as well as Final Reserve. Please end us a screenshot of the Load-/Fuelpanner for that flight and I am able to tell you what might be wrong in your handling.

Regards,

Rolf

Hi @Hanse

I appreciate you looking at this.  The FlightPlanner is still showing the  flight:

REALLY hope that helps for any advise.

Gaz

• Deputy Sheriffs

I would say your aircraft is not well balanced. Simply avoid any red values on the left side, in your case TOW %MAC.

Does that mean I am carrying too much?

The balance seems to be corrected when I press the RESET button near Adjust CoG.

When I do so, it changes to this:

But how do I keep it like that. As soon as press the Generate Loadsheet, then EXIT, it seems to    

2 minutes ago, GaryMcCl said:

Does that mean I am carrying too much?

The balance seems to be corrected when I press the RESET button near Adjust CoG.

When I do so, it changes to this:

But how do I keep it like that. As soon as press the Generate Loadsheet, then EXIT, it seems to go back to the TOW %MAC of 50%?   

• Deputy Sheriffs

I will check this.

But btw. under "advanced parameters" I see some sttings making no sense at all:
- taxi time 60 miniutes, really? An airline taxiing around 60 min. wuld be commercially dead very soon

- alternate distance 20 nm ??? Well, that would be just on the other side of the airport

- 80kg final reserve? That's nothing, just enough to run the APU for afew minutes.

1 hour ago, mopperle said:

I will check this.

But btw. under "advanced parameters" I see some sttings making no sense at all:
- taxi time 60 miniutes, really? An airline taxiing around 60 min. wuld be commercially dead very soon

- alternate distance 20 nm ??? Well, that would be just on the other side of the airport

- 80kg final reserve? That's nothing, just enough to run the APU for afew minutes.

I understand, but I normally wouldn't have to change any of those settings. I that's what the tool was for.  

I have to say, I'm not sure.  I'm guessing in some circumstances you run out of fuel because of the weather?  Maybe (i don't know if it's better), but use SimBrief instead?

• Deputy Sheriffs

You can use the slider to adjust the CG. Until it’s green (around 26%). That’s the optimal value. Black values will also be ok. But no red ones.

Then press generate loadsheet and don’t forget to import it in MCDU 3.

4 hours ago, masterhawk said:

You can use the slider to adjust the CG. Until it’s green (around 26%). That’s the optimal value. Black values will also be ok. But no red ones.

Then press generate loadsheet and don’t forget to import it in MCDU 3

I always press the RESET button to make sure those CG values are correct, then I load it into MCDU3.

If I then open the Flight Planner I get to see that it has RESET the CG is not black, it's red. So, when I had set it correctly (so it's correct, and black).

It's like it's not doing what you say: if I use the fuel planner, it ignores what's on my screen and saves the red (incorrect) figure.

• Deputy Sheriffs
2 minutes ago, GaryMcCl said:

I always press the RESET button to make sure those CG values are correct, then I load it into MCDU3.

If I then open the Flight Planner I get to see that it has RESET the CG is not black, it's red. So, when I had set it correctly (so it's correct, and black).

It's like it's not doing what you say: if I use the fuel planner, it ignores what's on my screen and saves the red (incorrect) figure.

Rest will reset the cg slider to the default position that’s all. The default position is not very accurate.

I suggest this procedure:

1. Set pax and cargo to desired ZFW

2. Enter departure/arrival to set the fuel

3. cross check all weights are still green

4. use slider to adjust CG to black (optimal green 26%) values

5. Generate load sheet 

• Deputy Sheriffs
7 minutes ago, GaryMcCl said:

But the values in the loadsheet are correct. I just checked this. And the values in the loadsheet got nothing to do with what you see when you start the Fuelplanner.

The FlightPlanner is now (with a green TOW):

Obviously, there are changes (taxi time, TOW, etc) but that now means, I have this, telling me I'm low on fuel :

I'm going mad. If there was somewhere I could go for training, I would!

Gaz

• Deputy Sheriffs
8 hours ago, GaryMcCl said:

The FlightPlanner is now (with a green TOW):

Obviously, there are changes (taxi time, TOW, etc) but that now means, I have this, telling me I'm low on fuel :

I'm going mad. If there was somewhere I could go for training, I would!

Gaz

The Fuelplaner is just a rough calculation, with enough fuel to make the trip.

• Deputy Sheriffs

What do you mean by "tellimg me, I am low on fuel". Who is telling you that resp. where do you get this information from or based on which information you assume something like that? Everything seems to be correct. Looking at the screenshot your fuel just before T/D is 2.940 kg. For descent I assume you will need maybe add. 340 kg so that your FOB after landing will be app. at 2.600 kg. Or does the value EFOB on the MCDU FUEL PRED page states something different......

@Hanse, if you look at the entry I last made, there is a screenshot of the cockpit saying that it's fuel is low. That is based on me making sure that I have correctly made entries on the FlightPlanner. So - the flight planner didn't give me the correct data, despite it saying it had.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Gary, the message states "Fuel below 3 T" (below 3.000 kg) and does not state that you are low on fuel. It is just an information and nothing more. If you look into the MCDU FUEL PRED page and if it displays a positive EFOB (normally around 2 T) then everything will be fine.......   

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived