INCR/DECR changes an improvement, but still not ideal.

I've just downloaded the new configurator, and the new repeat settings are an improvement to the INCR/DECR dial, but I still feel like it isn't the right solution. The problem is you need to leave a noticible pause between each notch to find tune or it activates the repeat and jumps past where i'm trying to set it. I was hoping we'd see it work on a principle of how quickly we're turning the dial, so if i'm turning it one click at a time it would be fine tune, but if I turn it like 180 degrees in one motion, it would increase the speed at which the value changes. If that makes sense.

Anybody else in the community feel free to input your feelings?

My thought was that you need to be able to set the INCR/DECR depending on what it is adjusting.  If its adjusting the heading bug, for example, then the fast speed is great.  However, if its adjusting other things, like VSI Altitude which is numerical increments, then it needs to be slower.

The solution is to be able to set the repeat speed depending on the left knob setting and what's being increased or decreased.  I've asked this question earlier today in my Cessna 172 post  and am awaiting a response.

Scott 

• Aerosoft
vor 19 Minuten, jaiimez sagte:

I've just downloaded the new configurator, and the new repeat settings are an improvement to the INCR/DECR dial, but I still feel like it isn't the right solution. The problem is you need to leave a noticible pause between each notch to find tune or it activates the repeat and jumps past where i'm trying to set it. I was hoping we'd see it work on a principle of how quickly we're turning the dial, so if i'm turning it one click at a time it would be fine tune, but if I turn it like 180 degrees in one motion, it would increase the speed at which the value changes. If that makes sense.

Anybody else in the community feel free to input your feelings?

Hi,

this is not possible from a technical perspective, as the rotaries are not encoders, but merely buttons. Designing the Bravo like that also allowed for the lower price tag, compared to other devices. So, while there might be still small room for improvement depending on user feedback, the base mechanic cannot be changed.

It would be great if the "Delay" could be a variable. Watching the video I think it is currently at 0.6 seconds? Dropping that to 0.4 or 0.3 (or just making it a variable) will make precision easier.

Regarding different speeds for different functions... I just set that up for VS. I deleted that condition out of the current press event (I think its condition 2), created a new Press Event called INC_VS, and just set up the condition if the selector is at VS, then command VS(VVI). The "Repeat Activation" slider is unique to the Press Event, so now the other selectors I use Delayed-Fast but for VS its at "Off".

• Aerosoft
vor 4 Stunden , Carlbear95 sagte:

It would be great if the "Delay" could be a variable. Watching the video I think it is currently at 0.6 seconds? Dropping that to 0.4 or 0.3 (or just making it a variable) will make precision easier.

Thanks Carl,

thats actually a good idea! I will put it onto my list.

5 hours ago, BenBaron said:

Thanks Carl,

thats actually a good idea! I will put it onto my list.

I understand some things may be limited by the technology in the hardware and I appreciate the interaction with the community, my main goal is the encourage the community to get involved with feedback, Spitball some ideas of how to make the configurator and by extension our hardware better.

I will have to look into Carl's suggestion for how to get a variable repeat for different modes, thats interesting.

As far as the limitation between it being a button and not an encoder, could a system of counting time between button activations not be used, so for example when fine tuning it may only be 1 activation every 0.5 seconds, but when I'm trying to spin from 5000ft to say FL200 I'm gonna be turning the dial at probably 6/7 activations every 0.2 seconds.

I'm just thinking you could then have an adjustable sliding scale by the user where you have activations and time as your 2 axis (I'm imagining similar to XP's axis response curve graphs) and then the use can configure it so say for 1 activation per 10 ms you can have 1 activation, but for 5 activations per 10ms you could have that repeat the command 10/15/20 times or whatever the user specifies?

I have created an image to help explain what I mean, in the median that all ideas should be explained via. MSPaint...

The yellow line is our example, so in this example 8 activations of the increase button would cause the command to repeat 15 times, The scale could be adjustable by the user, choosing to allow either a linear scale, or customise it to have a move slower rise at the start to a much steeper rise as you go on. 

It could be potentially fully customisable by the user able to choose the period of time for the scale, in this example I used per 500ms, the maximum amount of activations the scale goes up to, and maximum amount of commands that can be sent (obviously the default would be something that has been tested by yourselves and seems somewhat a normal scale of progression).

Let me know what you think, and if it's something that is technologically possible, I assume the configurator recognises each  indivudual "button" click, the main concern I see with it in my head is I don't know if you could do it without a delay, because it would need to wait for the 500ms to be over, before it could then count the activations and then send the commands, so you'd be essentially working with a 500ms lag, I dunno if this can be addressed by reducing the time to more like 50/100ms, but then without some kind of testing, I don't know how many times a person could rotate the button within 100ms to know if it would even wor?

Please login to display this image.

• Aerosoft

Thanks for your contribution and thourough thoughts on the issue! I will come back to them when things have settled a bit and we are moving forward with a potential version 2.2 of the ConfigTool.

On 3/15/2021 at 7:56 PM, Carlbear95 said:

Regarding different speeds for different functions... I just set that up for VS. I deleted that condition out of the current press event (I think its condition 2), created a new Press Event called INC_VS, and just set up the condition if the selector is at VS, then command VS(VVI). The "Repeat Activation" slider is unique to the Press Event, so now the other selectors I use Delayed-Fast but for VS its at "Off".

I agree that a variable delay would be useful.  Nice suggestion.

As for the multiple press events to assign different repeat options to different conditions... BRILLIANT!  I'll have to use that.  I can even see setting four different events - one for each repeat option - and then assigning different conditions to each of them as the need dictates.  (i.e. Delayed Fast for setting the altitude, Delayed Normal for HDG and CRS, None for VSI, etc.)

Aerosoft has done a great job with this update.  I've finally been able to use the CRS mode with the FF 757.  (As a side note, the increment value is + or - 0.01 for it to increment by 1's.)

Highspeed

• Aerosoft

Thanks Highspeed,

I can even see setting four different events - one for each repeat option - and then assigning different conditions to each of them as the need dictates

Thats what I've been doing for the Aerosoft Airbus and CRJ profiles. The way it works now there is already a lot of customizability in terms of covering many use cases.

On 3/16/2021 at 3:56 AM, Carlbear95 said:

Yes it could be great, it’s exactly what I am thinking. The main reason why I bought the bravo throttle is the increase decrease knob which is the last major missing tools to set the airplane by hand. Specially for aircraft like king air or beech 90 which have their knob on the pedestal and it’s not easy to move the view to set it.

Thank you for you suggestion Carlbear and many thanks team for your reactivity and care 👍🏻

• 2 weeks later...
  • Aerosoft

Just as an update on the issue for you guys:

the next version will have the repeat delay customizable on an event basis, meaning you can define for each press-event individually as to when you want it to start being repeated and are not confined to the default 600ms delay.

Sounds good. It would be great if the default configuration was changed so each "selector" setting (ALT, VS, HDG, etc) was its own press event with a unique condition instead of the way it is now with one press event and 5 conditions. That way new users don't have to split it up themselves. Its not hard, but its a lot more tedious than I expected when I changed mine. 

If the concern is that may be too confusing for some, maybe offer a 2nd "advanced default" config that has that to save that step.

• Aerosoft
On 30.3.2021 at 18:27, Carlbear95 sagte:

Sounds good. It would be great if the default configuration was changed so each "selector" setting (ALT, VS, HDG, etc) was its own press event with a unique condition instead of the way it is now with one press event and 5 conditions. That way new users don't have to split it up themselves. Its not hard, but its a lot more tedious than I expected when I changed mine. 

If the concern is that may be too confusing for some, maybe offer a 2nd "advanced default" config that has that to save that step.

This is not my first priority Carl, as also the way it is in the default profile as part of the conditions works fine. Should I be idlying...I will keep it in mind, though.

• 1 month later...
  • Aerosoft

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived