Honeycomb Bravo Throttle axis 2 p3d v5

Hi everyone,

I just tried to set up my honeycomb bravo throttle but it seems my pc doesn’t recognize axis 2 for the throttle, anything else is working 

Any suggestions ? Or should i return it ? 

Best regards 

Alexandre. 

4 hours ago, alexgoh73 said:

Hi everyone,

I just tried to set up my honeycomb bravo throttle but it seems my pc doesn’t recognize axis 2 for the throttle, anything else is working 

Any suggestions ? Or should i return it ? 

Best regards 

Alexandre. 

So right now there are 9 (nine) non-combat simulators and two combat simulators Honeycomb products are compatible with.  You didn't list any of them, and no matter how much I shake it my crystbal ball doesn't seem to get a read on which one your using... LOL!  Next time you seek support for any product, it would be a great idea to provide as much detail as possible, including which simulatior you're having trouble with.  I'm not hammering you (not at all), but it's the most common mistake peopole make in flight sim when seeking support for any product, so from time to time I like to make a point about it.

That said, I can make an educated guess that you are using MSFS.  If that's not accurate, please let me know which sim you're using.

To resolve this with MSFS, delete the throttle assignments (including throttle one), save the profile, and then go back and add the two (or more) throttle assignments.  That should resolve your issue (if you are using MSFS).

Let us know how this works for you?

Best wishes.

15 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

So right now there are 9 (nine) non-combat simulators and two combat simulators Honeycomb products are compatible with.  You didn't list any of them, and no matter how much I shake it my crystbal ball doesn't seem to get a read on which one your using... LOL!  Next time you seek support for any product, it would be a great idea to provide as much detail as possible, including which simulatior you're having trouble with.  I'm not hammering you (not at all), but it's the most common mistake peopole make in flight sim when seeking support for any product, so from time to time I like to make a point about it.

That said, I can make an educated guess that you are using MSFS.  If that's not accurate, please let me know which sim you're using.

To resolve this with MSFS, delete the throttle assignments (including throttle one), save the profile, and then go back and add the two (or more) throttle assignments.  That should resolve your issue (if you are using MSFS).

Let us know how this works for you?

Best wishes.

Hi Dave,  

Thanks for your answer. 
The Sim that I’m’using is in the title of the post ( p3d v5 Hf 1) 

i think my main problem is my pc do no recognize the axis for the second throttle

( no issue for the other axis)

Best regards 

Alexandre

10 minutes ago, alexgoh73 said:

Hi Dave,  

Thanks for your answer. 
The Sim that I’m’using is in the title of the post ( p3d v5 Hf 1) 

i think my main problem is my pc do no recognize the axis for the second throttle

( no issue for the other axis)

Best regards 

Alexandre

Well that's embarassing...  sorry!

I run P3Dv4 and v5 and I'm not having any issues witht he Bravo.  Can you test the Axis in the Windows USB Game Controller Setup Utility and see if they are all working?

22 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Well that's embarassing...  sorry!

I run P3Dv4 and v5 and I'm not having any issues witht he Bravo.  Can you test the Axis in the Windows USB Game Controller Setup Utility and see if they are all working?

No problem :)

Yes, i tested in the windows usb game controler, all axis are working except for the axis for the throttle 2 

Maybe it’s a hardware issue

3 minutes ago, alexgoh73 said:

No problem :)

Yes, i tested in the windows usb game controler, all axis are working except for the axis for the throttle 2 

Maybe it’s a hardware issue

It's very possible.  Check the USB-C cable in the back, and make sure it is not making loose contact.  There were a few units which had this problem and it can manifest itself as what you are expeiriencing.  If it's not loose, then I'd guess it's hardware issue with that axis.

1 hour ago, DaveCT2003 said:

It's very possible.  Check the USB-C cable in the back, and make sure it is not making loose contact.  There were a few units which had this problem and it can manifest itself as what you are expeiriencing.  If it's not loose, then I'd guess it's hardware issue with that axis.

Thxs Dave for the tips

i checked and even tried with an other cable and nothing... it's weird because he can detect the reverse button 

Just now, alexgoh73 said:

Thxs Dave for the tips

i checked and even tried with an other cable and nothing... it's weird because he can detect the reverse button 

Not really, the reverse is a switch which goes to an internal board, the axis is a potentiometer.

I worked for Honeycomb until December and trained their tech support staff and produced several engineering changes to their hardware, so I'm very familair with the Alpha and Bravo.

33 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Not really, the reverse is a switch which goes to an internal board, the axis is a potentiometer.

I worked for Honeycomb until December and trained their tech support staff and produced several engineering changes to their hardware, so I'm very familair with the Alpha and Bravo.

So i guess , i have to return it to my supplier.  

thanks for your Help Dave

34 minutes ago, alexgoh73 said:

So i guess , i have to return it to my supplier.  

thanks for your Help Dave

Unfortunately, if you can't get the Axis to respond in the USB Game Controller Settings then that is what is sounds like to me.

Best wishes!

Archived