Saitek Radio Panel SPAD.Next profile

Hi all.

Does anyone have a SPAD.next profile for the CRJ?   What I have is mostly working however the NAV standby frequency doesn't update within the aircraft when setting on the panel - so end up having to do this within the VC.

This is what I have set for the NAV1 selector:

Please login to display this image.

TIA

On 3/13/2021 at 10:38 AM, Trevor Hannant said:

Hi all.

Does anyone have a SPAD.next profile for the CRJ?   What I have is mostly working however the NAV standby frequency doesn't update within the aircraft when setting on the panel - so end up having to do this within the VC.

This is what I have set for the NAV1 selector:

TIA

Do you have gear lever and flaps lever working? Lights? I am just starting to look at it but am having difficulty finding variables/commands.

I don't have the lights assigned to anything (don't have the switch panel yet, just radio) but gear and flaps work via my X52 Pro - although they're mapped via P3Ds own settings rather than via SN...

• 2 weeks later...

NAV Freq for STBY is not using or updated by standard simconnect values and further there is no LVAR exposed for the where the plane VC is sourcing it.

We need Aerosoft to either add an LVAR for it or allow that the changing of the Standard NAV STBY will update the VCs STBY.....

• 2 months later...

almost three months from last discussion, i hope Aerosoft will consider. 

multipanel and switch support really make sim more enjoyable. i hope radio will come

• 5 months later...

I really would like to have this function too. Many simmers are using saitek panels; personally i could match and have to work almost everything with the crj. The only missing function is the nav1 since currently there is no option to map it.

Please, if there are other people intrested in this let them know!

Greetings

• 3 weeks later...
On 26.11.2021 at 07:49, CaptKornDog sagte:

Just picked up a Logitech Radio Panel myself and would love to see the NAV radio variable functions in order to program it.

Agreee same situation here, a essential function cannot be mapped to a device. 

Please fix in upcoming updates together with asobo/ MS Developer the nav frequency setting. 

Thanks in advance.

• Aerosoft

I don't know the device or SPAD.Next. But what I am doing with another device and our beta Honeycomb software for MSFS is first "pushing" the RTUs LSK2R by setting L:ASCRJ_RTU1_LSK2R to 1. This makes the NAV1 standby selection active. Next, I am setting L:ASCRJ_RTU1_KNOB_OUTER_CHANGE or L:ASCRJ_RTU1_KNOB_INNER_CHANGE to 1 or -1 for increment or decrement of the NAV1 standby frequency. Finally, I am sending another L:ASCRJ_RTU1_LSK2R with 1 making this frequency the active one.

Don't know if this helps your case, though.

8 hours ago, BenBaron said:

I don't know the device or SPAD.Next. But what I am doing with another device and our beta Honeycomb software for MSFS is first "pushing" the RTUs LSK2R by setting L:ASCRJ_RTU1_LSK2R to 1. This makes the NAV1 standby selection active. Next, I am setting L:ASCRJ_RTU1_KNOB_OUTER_CHANGE or L:ASCRJ_RTU1_KNOB_INNER_CHANGE to 1 or -1 for increment or decrement of the NAV1 standby frequency. Finally, I am sending another L:ASCRJ_RTU1_LSK2R with 1 making this frequency the active one.

Don't know if this helps your case, though.

that makes sense when you are using a device that has no screens and thus you have to look at the RTU to see the presses and turns.  With the Radio Panel from Logitech it has Displays so you see the frequencies and adjust them on it without having to look down in the sim to the RTU panel..

This is fixed by either exposing an LVAR for the CRJ Nav Stand by or by connecting the CRJ Nav Standby to the existing sim variables (like how the Active is linked to the SIM VARs.)

On 12/13/2021 at 5:02 PM, LesOReilly said:

that makes sense when you are using a device that has no screens and thus you have to look at the RTU to see the presses and turns.  With the Radio Panel from Logitech it has Displays so you see the frequencies and adjust them on it without having to look down in the sim to the RTU panel..

This is fixed by either exposing an LVAR for the CRJ Nav Stand by or by connecting the CRJ Nav Standby to the existing sim variables (like how the Active is linked to the SIM VARs.)

Interesting; makes sense.  Well, here's hoping someday.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I made a Shell game that uses SPAD Next to make a local variable and I use that as a fake Nav Standby that I adjust and show in the Standby freq.  Then I copy that to the Active and then copy the previous Active back to the Fake Standby...

There is a video in the controls section that I listed for this.

Archived