Problem with Autobrake

Lars Peter Hammer

Hi,

I've just purchased AS_Autobrake.

After installing it, when I start the application I get a popup (Spawning into multiple pop-up’s - are you really doing exception handling within a timer-loop???)

Code.ini file does not exist or is clear

Please reinstall the program.

I've done that 4 times now in different locations with the same message as a result.

Looking into the folder where the program is installed there is indeed a code.ini - and it’s not empty - it contains my

e-mail and

A series of numbers

And the date of purchase.

To help toubleshoot this thing - I have to mention that I'm using Vista 64 Ultimate. Thinking that this might be a registry problem I checked the registry. The path is placed correctly in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREWow6432NodeAerosoftAutobrakePath – and it contains the correct path.

Thomas,

Thanks for the quick anwser.

This is stange as the Aerosoft installer will not let you install unless you have the correct mail/key combo - I have just tried in order to be sure.

So the installer might insert a wrong serial in the code.ini? The e-mail is correct.

me neither...

i'm not on vista64, but on xp64.... looks like it's related to 64bit systems huh?

i hope they provide a fix for that really soon, since it is the first installer made by aerosoft which doesn't work on my system, but if there is no fix, then it's the last installer from aerosoft i bought...

Artus407.

Yes - you are right, someone should have explained the situation.

Aerosoft does not really have the knowledge at this point in order to deal with the problem, as it's rooted in the code and not the installer.

I'm in contact with Thomas Richter - the author of TRS Autobrake - and let me tell you that he's working flat-out in order to find out why the application won't play on a 64 bit system.

I'm just now installing a Vista 64 PC. But I think it has more to do with to high settings in security of the system by the user because there are one or two they have the same problem on a 32 system, what doesn't make sence then if it is 64 related.