PD3V4.5 Crashes while using AES A330

fernandito1969

Hello Gentz;

I have being dealing with this issue for quiet a while and have not yet been able to resolve it. Every time that I have attempted to fly any of the AES Airbuses the system freezes and crashes about 45 to 50 minutes into the flight. I have consulted previously sources in regards to this and the subject of RAM capacity came up however, this issue have never occurred while flying the CRJs, QWs or PMDGs Aircrafts and always being able to complete short and long range with all of them. Below its the data listed from the (A)Event Viewer and also from the (B)Reliability History. Could anyone please assist and help with guidance or remedy. I have not being able to enjoy this product to the fullest due to this continuous crashes and have not yet found a remedy to fix it.

Note: The Updater has being run as well for the latest version and updates.

(A)

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.5.14.34698, time stamp: 0x5e94b5c2
Faulting module name: sapi.dll, version: 5.3.25308.0, time stamp: 0x10dc0977
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000000e9ce0
Faulting process id: 0x3f2c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d717a792584491
Faulting application path: C:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Speech\Common\sapi.dll
Report Id: bb8d19b8-51ce-40ca-9843-66b62fc04df8
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

(B)

Description
Faulting Application Path:    C:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
Application Name:    Prepar3D.exe
Application Version:    4.5.14.34698
Application Timestamp:    5e94b5c2
Fault Module Name:    sapi.dll
Fault Module Version:    5.3.25308.0
Fault Module Timestamp:    10dc0977
Exception Code:    c0000005
Exception Offset:    00000000000e9ce0
OS Version:    10.0.18363.2.0.0.768.101
Locale ID:    1033
Additional Information 1:    6656
Additional Information 2:    66565899f77ba8db3bcde7609a46700b
Additional Information 3:    c0f2
Additional Information 4:    c0f263cf63c044f8c92d996851bca9d4

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID:    c0e8be2e4045bb5a359d39705e201ff6 (1557464200918343670)

Please let me know if further data its need it.

Regards

Fernando Rentas

• Deputy Sheriffs

Fernando, the faulting module is the sapi.dll, an API for speech recognition and Text-To-Speech. It is definitly not used or even called by the Airbus.

Maybe it is used by another software (voice recognition?) on your PC which confilcts with the Airbus.

Would that be caused by FS2Crew then?...Its the only thing that relates to speech recognition in the my Sim. The thing that gets me its that only occurs with the Airbus and not the rest of aircrafts (CRJs,QWs and PMDGs).  Any thoughts or remedy to correct this issue available or previously reported?

• Deputy Sheriffs

What I know, when you use FS2Crew, you have to turn off the automatic CL in the Bus. You can not use both at the same time. Either FS2Crew or the integrated CL.

So just simply do not activate the CL on the Bus MCDU and instead use the FS2 Crew panel and commands correct?..Not sure if I ever try that before but will give it a shot and see what occurs....Thanks!

• Deputy Sheriffs
19 minutes ago, fernandito1969 said:

So just simply do not activate the CL on the Bus MCDU and instead use the FS2 Crew panel and commands correct?.

Correct

Roger!..Testing right now and see what happens. So far ran into an issue with the 1st Checklist...FO not responding me correctly. Working on that with those other folks. Thanks for the help Mopp!

You nailed it Buddy!..That was the issue!...No Crashes or Freezes so far into the flight. However, just using the FS2 Crew only its a bit more difficult since got to do more actions than just using the integrated CL and I am having a battle here with the speech recognition because it will not pick up when I command On, Auto and Set. Consulting them folks about that. Thank you and Stay Safe.

Att.

FRL

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived