Real World Database Changelog and official Discussion

Real World Database v1.0

Let me introduce you to the new Real World Database of Global Air Traffic Controller by Aerosoft. I worked many hours on that Project to make this Database as realistic as possible. I would like to underline that every Aircraft (eg. B78X) has its Destinations, for example, UNITED Airlines only flies the B78X to Auckland, NZ. No other UNITED plane flies to it. It means that at maximum only the B78X from UNITED will appear in Auckland.

This Project will be updated over the months. At this point nearly every long haul Airline is included with its destinations. This Database will be updated with the change of the IATA Summer/Winter Schedule as well as if any important new Airplane or Airline joins the Aviation World. Due to the concentration on the long haul operations, I will furthermore work on Short-/Medium haul operations, which will be implemented as well.

This Database includes:
Every long haul jet (A21N, A339, A359, A35K, B78X)
Every long haul airline (eg. Starlux Airlines or Air Tahiti Nui)
more to come...

If you have any bugs to share, feel free to do it in the bugs topic.

You can find the RWD v.1.0 here:

Please login to display this image.

The Day has come to finally update the biggest and most accurate Database in the whole game. The Real World Database has grown to 140 Aircrafts and over 600 Airline-Files. This is by far the best you can get.

In this update, I concentrated on implementing major cargo airlines such as UPS or FedEx with their current aircrafts and their unique destinations. Furthermore, I expanded Airlines with adding the Embraer E-Jets and Bombardier Canadair Regional Jet to their fleet. As it is the standard of RWD, they come with their schedule. Additionally, I added many Airlines such as Vistara, Windrose Airlines, Viva Aerobus and Royal Flight.

As you know the current virus is affecting the global aviation industry heavily. I concluded that I will keep the pre-crisis schedule. In this update, the A380 is still flying to Routes such as Birmingham or Dusseldorf, but I removed retired aircrafts such as Air France A380 or British Airways B744.

The next major update is going to be released in March or April next year.

I have also included a small Manual for a clean install.

As always, rate this file, share it with your friends and write a comment.

Cheers!

Check it out!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Air Traffic Controllers!

Finally, the Real World Database is updated again. In this update, the Database has grown to 767 Airline-Files (+144) and 158 Aircraft-Files (+13). This is by far the best you can get.

In this update, I concentrated on updating the whole long-haul fleet to match the 2021 schedule. Due to the ongoing Coronavirus many aircrafts are grounded which is considered in this Database. Fleets have been retired and won’t fly again. I have added many new Airlines again with a concentration on Asian airlines.

The next major update is going to be released around November this year.

Cheers!

Download it out here:

• 1 month later...

Hello Air Traffic Controllers

I just wanted to inform you that in the last few weeks I have spent many hours reworking many files of my Database. Many Airlines are completely redone (e.g.: Ryanair, Wizz Air, ...). The newest May schedule is implemented and I am still updating many Airlines. As you know some new Airlines popped out the last few weeks like Avelo Airlines and Breeze Airways and I won't let you down with, of course, implementing them. 

Furthermore, I plan two separate versions of my Real Wolrd Database: 
1st: Only Airliners
2nd: Only Cargo Airlines
This means that you can choose between both versions or merge both to enjoy both. 

Stay tuned for the next weeks as I progress fast. 

Happy Controlling!

• 1 month later...

Finally, the Real World Database is updated again. In this update, the Database has grown to 919 Airline-Files (+152) and 160 Aircraft-Files (+2). This is by far the best you can get.

This update was published because many new routes were launched or relaunched. In this update, I again, concentrated on updating the fleet to match the Summer 2021 schedule. Due to the ongoing Coronavirus, still, many aircrafts are grounded which is considered in this Database. Fleets have been retired and will not fly again. I have added many new Airlines around the world, too.

The next major update is going to be released around November this year.

Happy Controlling!

Download it here: 

• 11 months later...

Finally, the Real World Database is updated again. In this update, the Database has grown to 1017 Airline-Files (+98) and 162 Aircraft-Files (+2). This is by far the best you can get.

This update was published because many new routes were launched or relaunched. In this update, I again, concentrated on updating the fleet to match the Summer 2022 schedule. Due to the ongoing Coronavirus, still, many aircrafts are grounded which is considered in this Database. Fleets have been retired and will not fly again. I have added many new Airlines around the world, too.

The next major update is going to be released around December this year.

Happy Controlling!

Download it here: 

• Thanks 2

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just a short but rather huge update on my current plans. Since weeks, I am working on updating the narrow-body fleets of the big three US legacy carriers. I have been putting this off for years but now, finally, it is time to upgrade it. 

Until now, every narrowbody US legacy carrier had the same file of airports, but in the last week of July I have noted down every airport the different planes fly in to. What a huge task it was! 

I have already updated the whole United fleet and I am currently working on American. Afterwards, I will do the same for Delta.

Then I want to include the latest routes, which opened since the last update in June. If this is the case, you will get your hands on it! 

I am sure you will be in love with it!

Happy controlling and stay safe!

• 2 weeks later...

Finally, the Real World Database is updated again. In this update, the Database has grown to 1093 Airline-Files (+76).

This update was published because I pushed the accurate narrow-body routes of the three major US airlines in front of me. From now on, all narrow-body aircraft will have the correct airports to fly to in the real world (as of the end of July 2022).

Many new aircraft have also been added (e.g., JetSmart A321neo or Jetstar A321neo) and there are also new airlines such as Akasa.

The next major update is going to be released around December this year.

Happy Controlling!

Make sure to update your files:

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/files/file/5619-rwd/

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Am 20.12.2023 um 01:20 schrieb pchambers:

The download only has airline files; no aircraft files.

Thank you for your information. I was able to work around some installations errors and now can finally start updating the database. I will keep everyone updated on it. The first update will update the most important fleet changes for europe. 

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted to give you an update on what is currently in the works. I have decided to split the full databse update not in multiple updates but in one big overhaul which will update every airline fleet. I am about half way through. I expect this update to be out in around 1-2 weeks. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Finally, the Real World Database is updated again. It is the biggest update since release three years ago. With this update, the Database has grown to 1234 Airline-Files (+141 compared to last version).

Since I couldn’t update this Database in 1.5 years, I decided to completely overhaul this database. Almost every file was created from scratch.

Many new aircraft have also been added (e.g., Lufthansa B789 or Xiamen Air A21N) and there are also new airlines such as Wizz Air Malta or Air Japan.

Happy Controlling!