Throttle levers do not want to move

Jovabra

After installing the latest update, the throttle levers do not want to move. In the EFB calibration page there is also no activity to be seen.

This is using FPUIPC or directly in Prepar3dv5. The throtlle are unlocked position. The Spoiler and Flaps do work.

The update has been installed several times and all kind of irus protection has been disbled.

Any ideas?

I have PFC with the 737 ( 6 levers) configuration but modified internal and installed the Leo Bodnard BU0836X 12-Bit Joystick Board.
1. All axis disabled in FSUIPC and:  send to FS as normal axis

2. In the Prepar3dv5 axis assigment: Eng 1/2 throttle activated and in other controls: Controllers Enabled.
If i move the throttles no any kind of response in the settings. (axis in the sim are unlocked)

Thanks and regards

Please login to display this image.

• Developer

The configuration reads/looks correct. Did you close the calibration window before testing? As far as I remember, the lever won't move unless while the calibration is active.

Also, one more thing which caused me a major headache this morning: The reverser button on my Thrustmaster TCA stick was active and assign to "Decrease Throttle" in P3D. This caused the levers in the VC to be stuck, no matter what the position of the levers on my TCA Throttle were. So, please make sure, that you don't have anything active assigned to "Decrease Throttle".

• Aerosoft

@Jovabra : 

Hello,

Some basic tests, please : 
1 - Are the BU0836 axes correctly recognized ans calibrated in the Windows Joystick utility ?

2 - If you go in the calibration mode in the Windows Joystick utility, and check "Display raw values,

what are the min-max values for the throttle axes ? Are they both (roughly) the same for both levers ?

3 - How are the throttle axes assigned in P3D ?(please don't assign anything in FSUIPC)  Screenshot is perfect.

4 - Please make sure no other control has axes assigned to throttle too (in P3D and in FSUIPC)
      If not sure, simply temporary unplug other controls.

Thank you. 

Hi,

1-Repositioned USB connection (Win-10 and USB never a dull moment)

2-Disabled all axis within FSUIPC and checked the "RAW values inthe Prepar settings

3-There is now activity in the EFB calibration page but you must leave the calibratie page to see the movement of the throttles. So far so good.

Add request.
I have the PFC throttle quadrant with 6 levers. 1 lever for flaps and 1 for spoilers. 1 lever for eng 1 and 1 for eng2. But there also 2 levers for the reversers.

If i asign those reverser levers to Rev1 and rev2 in the Prepar3d settings no action in the sim. If i asign them in FSUIPC the CRJ looks like a missle launch.

The next time i will try to make a short movie.

Thanks and regards

Hi - I'm having a similar problem as described earlier in the thread.  This is with the 2.4 release. 

My throttle levers failed to move in response to my controller and there was no activity in the throttle calibration window.  Based on earlier comments, I reassigned my throttle axis directly to the simulator rather than thru FSUIPC which has worked fine in pre-2.4 builds.  Still no help (I also got the rocket effect described earlier).  I finally found that it if I deleted the FSUIPC profile associated with the CRJ tail number I had selected in the sim, all was fine throttle-wise.  This is not really a satisfactory solution for me as I depend on FSUIPC for button and switch assignments but perhaps it adds some additional information to the understanding of the issue.

Thanks for the help!

Hi,

I am having a similar issue as well. This happened right after I updated to the 2.4 release. It seems the first half of the throttle has a large dead zone issue. The throttle doesn't move until I have it half way up.

I have recalibrated it through Windows do ensure that wasn't the issue. I do not use FSUIPC.

Thanks.=

I also had issues first with 2.4 when assigning the throttle axes of my Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog via FSUIPC. The throttle position sim variable (A:GENERAL ENG THROTTLE LEVER POSITION) jumped between 0% , 100%, -100% and even -200% when only slightly touching the throttles. In the CRJ EFB the calibration values didn't change and always showed 99999. This didn't happen with earlier versions or other planes. But I could resolve it by resetting the calibration in FSUIPC. In the tab Joystick Calibration on page 3 I clicked Reset on Throttle 1 and 2 and kept it like this. Then I could do the calibration via the EFB while still keeping the FSUIPC assignment.

• 1 month later...
On 3/14/2021 at 3:26 PM, Yves77 said:

But I could resolve it by resetting the calibration in FSUIPC. In the tab Joystick Calibration on page 3 I clicked Reset on Throttle 1 and 2 and kept it like this. Then I could do the calibration via the EFB while still keeping the FSUIPC assignment.

Thanks a lot for the hint!
Solved also my issue .

Archived