How to configure the Honeycomb Bravo Throttle with Aerosoft CRJ 550/700

SimWare

• Aerosoft
vor 17 Stunden , swd282 sagte:

Amazing tutorial, BUT: Whenever I hit ESC (go into pause mode) all the AXIS move to a mid position (throttle, spoiler, flaps axis) and I have to move them back to the position. Its like when hitting ESC they all move to a "default" position.

As far as I remember, this is an issue in the core sim that might be fixed with the upcoming SU4. Nothing specific to the CRJ.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/24/2021 at 4:48 PM, BenBaron said:

As far as I remember, this is an issue in the core sim that might be fixed with the upcoming SU4. Nothing specific to the CRJ.

yes this has been fixed after my test in latest SU4 

On 3/17/2021 at 11:23 AM, dchutch87 said:

Hello - Wondering if anyone has had a similar issue as I have been seeing. 

I am unable to set altitude via the Bravo with the normal method. When attempting to set using the Bravo, the altitude bug does not react at all.

Button mapping below. Is this correct, and is anyone else seeing this issue as well?

Please login to display this image.

Hi folks-

As of today, 5/31/21, I have literally everything working properly (except lights, they might be, but I haven't set or played with them yet), including setting the heading bug, the IAS bug, adjusting the vertical speed in VS mode, even the OBS for those of us (are there any?) who still use VORs to navigate.  Everything, that is, except for being able to set the altitude as shown in @dchutch87's post above.

Has anyone solved this problem?  Is it a bug of some sort, or does it require a different setting than other aircraft, which the above setup works perfect for?  I would SOOOO appreciate it if anyone out there can help me solve this particular problem.

Incidentally, if you are having problems getting your bravo setup to the point that mine is, I can almost certainly help you at least get there, so just PM me and we'll make it happen.  On the one hand, I'd prefer to do it over the phone, or even using MS Teams, so you can give me control of your computer (and no, I couldn't care less about your pron, as long as it's legal), but on the other, that doesn't help other folks.  Then again, as long as we're not talking dozens and dozens, I can do it with everyone who needs it, or, even better, I think I'll make a YouTube video.  That actually sounds like it might be best.  I'll try to remember to let everyone know if/when that is complete.

In the meantime, at the risk of repeating myself, if anyone can help me get the altitude preselect working, that would be fargin' awesome.

Here's the video I spoke of.  It fixes everything except the altitude preselector, at least on the CRJ.  It will work on other aircraft for that, too.

It doesn't sound like anyone has come up with a solution to make the PSK work, but if I'm wrong about that, please let me (and everybody else) know ASAP.  But for those of you who have bravos, this will get you setup properly.  And, as every YouTuber in the history of mankind has always said, please like, comment, and subscribe!  Seriously, it does help with "the algorithm" that makes your videos popular.

If you have any questions (other than "How do I make the PSK work?") let me know, either here, or probably better for "the algorithm", in the comments section.

KKT

On 6/6/2021 at 6:33 AM, hedgehog9780 said:

@ Andy Clapp,
How did you do that in Spad? Could you write it?
Thank you in advance.

I'm glad there is a workaround, but there should be no reason to spend money on a third party utility when the functionality should be available within the base product.  As mentioned before, all other preselects (HDG, VS, IAS) can be adjusted with the Bravo Throttle pre-selector and rotary knob.  It's only the Altitude preselect that does not work.

Can we get someone from Aerosoft to comment on this issue, and what their team is doing to correct it?

Hi.  Just bought the Honeycomb.  I can't get the throttle levers to work with the CRJ.  Followed everything in this tutorial, nothing else assigned.  Levers calibrate in the flight bag, but the throttle levers do not move.  I'm pretty bummed -- I love flying the CRJ and really want to use this new interface with it.  I didn't see until now that the knob apparently doesn't work either?  Any help appreciated, thanks.

On 7/3/2021 at 1:34 AM, David Opderbeck said:

Hi.  Just bought the Honeycomb.  I can't get the throttle levers to work with the CRJ.  Followed everything in this tutorial, nothing else assigned.  Levers calibrate in the flight bag, but the throttle levers do not move.  I'm pretty bummed -- I love flying the CRJ and really want to use this new interface with it.  I didn't see until now that the knob apparently doesn't work either?  Any help appreciated, thanks.

I just got my Honeycomb Alpha + Bravo and wanted to buy the CRJ but this altitude bug-thingy is a deal breaker. Waiting with my purchase, hoping it’s fixed soon.

On 5/31/2021 at 3:07 PM, KevyKevTPA said:

Hi folks-

As of today, 5/31/21, I have literally everything working properly (except lights, they might be, but I haven't set or played with them yet), including setting the heading bug, the IAS bug, adjusting the vertical speed in VS mode, even the OBS for those of us (are there any?) who still use VORs to navigate.  Everything, that is, except for being able to set the altitude as shown in @dchutch87's post above.

Has anyone solved this problem?  Is it a bug of some sort, or does it require a different setting than other aircraft, which the above setup works perfect for?  I would SOOOO appreciate it if anyone out there can help me solve this particular problem.

Incidentally, if you are having problems getting your bravo setup to the point that mine is, I can almost certainly help you at least get there, so just PM me and we'll make it happen.  On the one hand, I'd prefer to do it over the phone, or even using MS Teams, so you can give me control of your computer (and no, I couldn't care less about your pron, as long as it's legal), but on the other, that doesn't help other folks.  Then again, as long as we're not talking dozens and dozens, I can do it with everyone who needs it, or, even better, I think I'll make a YouTube video.  That actually sounds like it might be best.  I'll try to remember to let everyone know if/when that is complete.

In the meantime, at the risk of repeating myself, if anyone can help me get the altitude preselect working, that would be fargin' awesome.

could you share your config please? Screenshots maybe? Can’t PM - too new account.

Dear Aerosoft team,

I went ahead and bought the CRJ for MSFS against my better judgment (spoiler: it’s great!) and indeed, almost every function of the AP panel works with the Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant. IAS is Speed. HDG and VS all work. Makes flying it so much better.

ALT does not work though. Both button to activate it and turn knob so select altitude.

I don’t know why it doesn’t since it seems to function exactly like Speed, HDG, etc. Both buttons and knobs function fine.

Using a mouse, when I have perfectly good controls, is super frustrating! Especially since the ALT knob is so far away from the display, and the small numerical value is so hard to see.

Please, please, please make this work without external tools such as AAO, Spad.Next, etc.

Cc: @Mathijs Kok @SimWare

Thanks in advance!

• Aerosoft
4 hours ago, Moridin said:

Please, please, please make this work without external tools such as AAO, Spad.Next, etc.

Sorry will simply never happen.  There is no way we can support every possible controller in the aircraft files. It would triple the price of the add-ons and would require a yearly update fee. 

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Sorry will simply never happen.  There is no way we can support every possible controller in the aircraft files. It would triple the price of the add-ons and would require a yearly update fee. 

Could we at least get an explanation why just ALT doesn’t work? Since all the other functions do?

The Honeycomb system is shaping up to be one of the more popular new flight controls and I’m sure many people would be super stoked to see at least full AP panel compatibility.

And I know I wouldn’t mind paying extra for full compatibility.

I agree. I think there is overwhelming and growing support for the Alpha and the Bravo worldwide, so some serious consideration should be made toward compatibility of the A/P altitude and the Bravo gear.  I accept that not every controller can be supported, but this is fast becoming a key component on a lot of systems.

• Aerosoft
vor 10 Stunden , Transair sagte:

I agree. I think there is overwhelming and growing support for the Alpha and the Bravo worldwide, so some serious consideration should be made toward compatibility of the A/P altitude and the Bravo gear.  I accept that not every controller can be supported, but this is fast becoming a key component on a lot of systems.

It isn't really a question of specific controller support.
All the controllers are basically the same in terms of interfacing with the simulation environment.
See this, please : 

It is a question of the simulator allowing external access to addons variables.
If the addon wants to achieve some functions, it has sometimes to code them in a way that doesn't allow for standard hardware interfacing.
It is always a trade off between performance and sticking to the simulator standard interfacing

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/9/2021 at 6:16 AM, Moridin said:

could you share your config please? Screenshots maybe? Can’t PM - too new account.

I am so sorry Moridin, I have been stupid busy with trying to start a new company and haven't visited the forums recently.  I could show you what I have now, but with SU5 just released, and a patch due from Aerosoft any minute now, I'm not sure that will be at all helpful.  But once the dust settles, if it turns out that everything still works as I previously stated, I'll be happy to share at that point.  At this point I'm not even sure I remember how to fly the plane!

Kev

EDIT:  Seems you managed to get at least as far as I did on your own, but unfortunately with no solution for the altitude issue.  Oh, well, the more dedicated I've become to VR, the more I prefer using the mouse instead of hunting around blind for dials and buttons I can't see anyway.

• Aerosoft
On 7/11/2021 at 9:05 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

I concur with Mathijs.
Please see this from another point of view : 
- Making the internal CRJ variales (L-Vars) "connect" with the standard MSFS accessible functions (via the Controls assignment panels) would require a lot

of work (if possible) and therefore money.
Each new feature would also require some extra work and testing to make it fit to the MSFS accessible functions.

But if you use AAO or Spad.Next, you buy once a smal fee licence, and you have unlimited access to all the published L-Vars of the CRJ but also

of other aircraft when available.

Altough less straightforward  at first glance, this is by far one of the best solutions.
It removes the inherent MSFS interface limitations, and it isn't much more complicated.

Check this article below. 

On 7/31/2021 at 11:47 PM, KevyKevTPA said:

I am so sorry Moridin, I have been stupid busy with trying to start a new company and haven't visited the forums recently.  I could show you what I have now, but with SU5 just released, and a patch due from Aerosoft any minute now, I'm not sure that will be at all helpful.  But once the dust settles, if it turns out that everything still works as I previously stated, I'll be happy to share at that point.  At this point I'm not even sure I remember how to fly the plane!

Kev

EDIT:  Seems you managed to get at least as far as I did on your own, but unfortunately with no solution for the altitude issue.  Oh, well, the more dedicated I've become to VR, the more I prefer using the mouse instead of hunting around blind for dials and buttons I can't see anyway.

I actually bought Axis and Ohs 😆 to get everything running as I want it. Currently have all the buttons and knobs configured as I like them on the Alpha and Bravo.

7 hours ago, SimWare said:

But if you use AAO or Spad.Next, you buy once a smal fee licence, and you have unlimited access to all the published L-Vars of the CRJ but also

of other aircraft when available.

I caved and bought AAO. All configured and up and running properly!

• Aerosoft
8 minutes ago, Moridin said:

I caved and bought AAO. All configured and up and running properly!

Powerful, isn't it ? 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for posting this tutorial and the videos. Did want to note that for some reason, in my case, I had to UNCHECK the reverse axis box under the Throttle 1/2 Axis in the controls options. With those boxes checked, the throttles would not respond as expected in the simulator. The "validation" page in the EFB kept saying that everything was overlapping until I unchecked those boxes in the MSFS control options and re-did the detents in the EFB. Not sure why. 

Anyway, thanks again for the tutorial. On to mapping out the rest of the controls!

On 8/14/2021 at 8:59 AM, DH174 said:

Moridin, can you please share how you got altitude knob to work with AOO? I have AOO but cant get the correct binding.

Thanks

Step 1

(L:AAO_LROT_SEL)·1·==·if{·(L:ASCRJ_FCP_ALT_SEL,·Number)·10·(L:AAO_RROT_ACCEL)·++·*·+·dnor·(>L:ASCRJ_FCP_ALT_SEL,·Number)·(L:AAO_RROT_ACCEL)·++·(>L:ASCRJ_FCP_ALT_CHANGE,·Number)·}·els{·(L:AAO_LROT_SEL)·2·==·if{·(L:ASCRJ_FCP_WHEEL,·Number)·10·-·dnor·(>L:ASCRJ_FCP_WHEEL,·Number)·-1·(>L:ASCRJ_FCP_WHEEL_CHANGE,·Number)·}·els{·(L:AAO_LROT_SEL)·3·==·if{·(L:ASCRJ_FCP_HDG_SEL,·Number)·10·(L:AAO_RROT_ACCEL)·++·*·+·dnor·(>L:ASCRJ_FCP_HDG_SEL,·Number)·(L:AAO_RROT_ACCEL)·++·(>L:ASCRJ_FCP_HDG_CHANGE,·Number)·}·els{·(L:AAO_LROT_SEL)·4·==·if{·(L:ASCRJ_FCP_CRS1_SEL,·Number)·10·(L:AAO_RROT_ACCEL)·++·*·+·dnor·(>L:ASCRJ_FCP_CRS1_SEL,·Number)·(L:AAO_RROT_ACCEL)·++·(>L:ASCRJ_FCP_CRS1_CHANGE,·Number)·}·els{·(L:AAO_LROT_SEL)·5·==·if{·(L:ASCRJ_FCP_SPEED_SEL,·Number)·10·(L:AAO_RROT_ACCEL)·++·*·+·dnor·(>L:ASCRJ_FCP_SPEED_SEL,·Number)·(L:AAO_RROT_ACCEL)·++·(>L:ASCRJ_FCP_SPEED_CHANGE,·Number)·}·}·}·}·}

Step 2

(L:AAO_LROT_SEL)·1·==·if{·(L:ASCRJ_FCP_ALT_SEL,·Number)·10·(L:AAO_RROT_ACCEL)·++·*·+·dnor·(>L:ASCRJ_FCP_ALT_SEL,·Number)·(L:AAO_RROT_ACCEL)·++·(>L:ASCRJ_FCP_ALT_CHANGE,·Number)·}·els{·(L:AAO_LROT_SEL)·2·==·if{·(L:ASCRJ_FCP_WHEEL,·Number)·10·-·dnor·(>L:ASCRJ_FCP_WHEEL,·Number)·-1·(>L:ASCRJ_FCP_WHEEL_CHANGE,·Number)·}·els{·(L:AAO_LROT_SEL)·3·==·if{·(L:ASCRJ_FCP_HDG_SEL,·Number)·10·(L:AAO_RROT_ACCEL)·++·*·+·dnor·(>L:ASCRJ_FCP_HDG_SEL,·Number)·(L:AAO_RROT_ACCEL)·++·(>L:ASCRJ_FCP_HDG_CHANGE,·Number)·}·els{·(L:AAO_LROT_SEL)·4·==·if{·(L:ASCRJ_FCP_CRS1_SEL,·Number)·10·(L:AAO_RROT_ACCEL)·++·*·+·dnor·(>L:ASCRJ_FCP_CRS1_SEL,·Number)·(L:AAO_RROT_ACCEL)·++·(>L:ASCRJ_FCP_CRS1_CHANGE,·Number)·}·els{·(L:AAO_LROT_SEL)·5·==·if{·(L:ASCRJ_FCP_SPEED_SEL,·Number)·10·(L:AAO_RROT_ACCEL)·++·*·+·dnor·(>L:ASCRJ_FCP_SPEED_SEL,·Number)·(L:AAO_RROT_ACCEL)·++·(>L:ASCRJ_FCP_SPEED_CHANGE,·Number)·}·}·}·}·}

Step 3

1·(>L:AAO_LROT_SEL)

Basically I took the scripts from the other person here (was it in this post? it's on the forum somewhere anyway) and adapted it slightly to my needs.

On 8/14/2021 at 8:59 AM, DH174 said:

Moridin, can you please share how you got altitude knob to work with AOO? I have AOO but cant get the correct binding.

Thanks

So I took the ASCRJ_FCP_HCBRAVO (only this one, there are 2 others!) template from here:

I then loaded it in, and modified it to suit my needs.

Archived