How to configure the Honeycomb Bravo Throttle with Aerosoft CRJ 550/700

SimWare

This is a 60.00 product...having a "half baked" THROTTLE configuration is OK with Aerosoft?   

This setup instruction you have provided is not a solution, its a terrible workaround.  

The SOLUTION is to fix the program:

1. Recognizes the "Throttle Axis (0 - 100%)" so the customer can then bind the Bravo Throttle to that axis and have Idle throttle at 0%, and Full throttle at 100% with the ability to set the indent steps as you have programed in the EFB. 

2. Then recognize the "Toggle Throttle Reverse Thrust" function and/or the  "Hold Throttle Reverse Thrusters" function to control the plane/s Reverse thrusters.  Then the application of Reverse Thrust can be controlled by the pilot using the throttle axis.

What you have now is shite. 

It engages the reverse thrusters and slowly ramps them to the max amount pre-programed with  NO control of the pilot.  And WORSE, if you should push the throttle forward it disengages the  Reverse thrusters without any lever having to be used by the pilot to do so and then goes directly into forward Thrust!   

I do not fly this plane in RL but I doubt that is how it is designed.

Throttle Function is PRIMARY.   I can understand some issue with the cabin lights or non essential functions that need work smoothing out the kinks....but this is the THROTTLE!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Aerosoft
4 hours ago, jean-pierre larose said:

Please login to display this image.

Hi Jean-Pierre,

What is this picture about ?

Beste regards.

• 4 weeks later...

I love this plane and think it is one of the most complete aircrafts available.  However, Aerosoft's stance that they cannot make the product work with every peripheral out there has nothing to do with the issues we have with mapping keys and buttons to the functionality of the aircraft.  This aircraft was designed for MSFS, and therefore we should be able to use the standard functions already built into MFSF and map them to the aircraft's functionality.  As stated so many times, and in so many threads, most, if not all, of the AP functionalities can be mapped in MSFS to control everything EXCEPT the Altitude preselect. 

Yes, I can buy FSUIPC, or one of the other 3rd party mapping utilities and create a map, but we should not have to do this.  If a company claims to have built the product from the ground up for specific platform, in this case MSFS, then it should take advantage of the functions built into the platform to allow key and button maps to interact with the aircraft.  

Again, not looking to support every peripheral out there.  But if the peripheral can map their buttons to a function within the base platform, then I don't think it's asking too much that a 3rd party addon design their product to use the inherent settings within the MSFS platform.

• 1 month later...

On 12/24/2021 at 4:44 PM, Caddojumper said:

I love this plane and think it is one of the most complete aircrafts available.  However, Aerosoft's stance that they cannot make the product work with every peripheral out there has nothing to do with the issues we have with mapping keys and buttons to the functionality of the aircraft.  This aircraft was designed for MSFS, and therefore we should be able to use the standard functions already built into MFSF and map them to the aircraft's functionality.  As stated so many times, and in so many threads, most, if not all, of the AP functionalities can be mapped in MSFS to control everything EXCEPT the Altitude preselect. 

Yes, I can buy FSUIPC, or one of the other 3rd party mapping utilities and create a map, but we should not have to do this.  If a company claims to have built the product from the ground up for specific platform, in this case MSFS, then it should take advantage of the functions built into the platform to allow key and button maps to interact with the aircraft.  

Again, not looking to support every peripheral out there.  But if the peripheral can map their buttons to a function within the base platform, then I don't think it's asking too much that a 3rd party addon design their product to use the inherent settings within the MSFS platform.

I agree 100%.  What an awful response from a payware product of $60+.  This was one of the more anticipated controller releases and to not make sure the Altitude works is just poor customer service.  Go spend more money on somebody else's product so we don't have to continue to support ours is a great attitude.  What a joke.  

• Aerosoft
15 hours ago, lasowitzse said:

I agree 100%.  What an awful response from a payware product of $60+.  This was one of the more anticipated controller releases and to not make sure the Altitude works is just poor customer service.  Go spend more money on somebody else's product so we don't have to continue to support ours is a great attitude.  What a joke.  

This is a tutorial section on hardware.
If you want to comment on an aircraft in particular, wich is perfectly ok, please use the approriate forum section.
This section is intended to remain exclusively technical.
There are other parts of the forum where software capabilities are widely discussed.

Thank you for your understanding.

Archived