Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant assignment issues

Richard980

Hello everyone.

I've an issue with my Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant. I've the First Officer set (Sidestick and Throttle). In all Aerosoft Airbus (A320 & A320 prof.) models throttles are either not responding of the engine is vaguely responding but throttles themselves don't move in the sim.

I use FSUIPC6 and axis calibration for every other plane, what it works fine for those planes. First I tried the same approach but I was expecting this to not work. Then I assigned the throttles as normal axis via FSUIPC. The result was everything below Climb detend was applying full reverse. When I went above the Climb dented just idle, even though the throttle physically was at max thrust. Then I assign the axes directly to P3D. First thing I noticed is that thrust revisers don't work. But when I move the throttle physically to max thrust I see the engines spooling up for a few seconds only. The throttle in the sim stays at idle. Input method in the sim is DirectInput. This is needed for another A320 - not sure if I can call that one by name. Tried switching to RAW input but without any progress. I've selected only the Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant option in the Configurator. Key assignments are set correctly but I don't think it's related. I remember when my set arrived and after the setup then, I had it working.

I've tomorrow my first flight with the A330 for over 6 months and hope that at least a temporally solution can be found. I don't care if the thrust revers aren't working or detents don't align as currently I can't control the engines thrust at all.

Install guide? You mean the 'Vol7-Thrust Lever Setup' guide? I don't know if the settings in the configurator is set correctly as I feel like this guide is outdated. The screenshot of the configurator doesn't mach the configurator I've. Below a screenshot of my settings. I calibrated the throttles itself before loading the A330 according to manufacture manuals. Other aircraft's from other developers are working fine on these calibration. At earliest I can check the FSUIPC settings and calibration tomorrow (CET) as I'm currently doing a flight with another aircraft. However I can clearly remember that the assignment has been set exactly as the guide.

Please login to display this image.

I today tried to calibrate the the TCA Quadrant from P3D with the standard Windows controller settings. But I can't find there the calibration option. Every time I needed to calibrate I followed these instructions: https://ts.thrustmaster.com/download/accessories/manuals/TCA_Quadrant/TCA_Quadrant-Throttle_Calibration.pdf . FSUIPC assignments are set correct.

• Deputy Sheriffs
13 minutes ago, Richard980 said:

I today tried to calibrate the the TCA Quadrant from P3D with the standard Windows controller settings. But I can't find there the calibration option. Every time I needed to calibrate I followed these instructions: https://ts.thrustmaster.com/download/accessories/manuals/TCA_Quadrant/TCA_Quadrant-Throttle_Calibration.pdf . FSUIPC assignments are set correct.

That's a driver item. TM bypass the windows calibration.
But P3D calibration is possible it you use RAW input.

I just tried RAW controls with P3D calibration. I assigned the throttles though P3D. I can control the engines somewhat. Full thrust gives me full thrust and idle, idle thrust. However the levers don't move in the sim and engaging the autothrust system is imposable as no detents are detected.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Somehow the P3D setup is messed. Our addon just read what p3d offers.

Please try new prepar3d.cfg and also new calibration/assignment file of P3D. Can’t remember how it’s called and where saved at the moment.

Archived