Checking out the EFB!

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello everybody and welcome to another video. This video is not part of the tutorial flight but a stand alone video where I will show you what you can expect from the EFB, the Electronic Flight Bag.

Nice video - once again 👍👨‍✈️

Is the 'Throttle Detent Hint' a real aircraft option?

Please login to display this image.

At my former workplace, we had a some reports of CRJ900 flight crew forgetting to select climb thrust and thus exceeding the 5 minutes TO power limit.    

• Deputy Sheriffs
12 minutes ago, AVFC said:

Is the 'Throttle Detent Hint' a real aircraft option?

Yeah, it is called CM2 IRL. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I am following your outstanding videos about the CRJ 700. Can you please advise me how to set the cameras you use? I am trying but the result is a mess. I hope you can advise me.

2 hours ago, Jan Frits said:

Hi,

I am following your outstanding videos about the CRJ 700. Can you please advise me how to set the cameras you use? I am trying but the result is a mess. I hope you can advise me.

Jan, if I recall correctly, the key combination to save a custom view is ctrl+atl+x, and to select it alt+x. 'X' here is the number keys 1 thru 0. Not sure, on the top of my head, if these are by default your numpad keys or your regular number keys.

So in the cockpit, use the numpad number keys to move around and your mousewheel to set a zoomlevel. Then press ctrl+alt+1 to save the first view, such as your main forward view. Then move around to for example zoom in towards the CDU and save that with ctrl+alt+2.

Have a look at this tutorial: MSFS2020 How to Set Up Camera Cockpit Views Like XP11 (Easy) - YouTube

You’re welcome! 😄

Jan, if you need more help let me know. Perhaps I can send over the camera.cfg file so you can use my setup. I’ve recreated The Dude’s camera’s as shown in his video’s. Not sure if it works that way though 

• Deputy Sheriffs

It will sort of work but it is dependant one which resolution and aspect ratio you use. Best to make custim views oneself.

23 hours ago, Stefan Oomen said:

You’re welcome! 😄

Jan, if you need more help let me know. Perhaps I can send over the camera.cfg file so you can use my setup. I’ve recreated The Dude’s camera’s as shown in his video’s. Not sure if it works that way though 

Hi Stefan,

That would be great!!! I tried and followed the tutorial you sent me and things are improving. But as you perhaps guess I am no computer expert so for me it is tricky to install the settings O.K.

I am always afraid I will make a mess of it. So if you please can send me your camera setup, I am verry happy.

On 3/25/2021 at 9:20 AM, Jan Frits said:

Hi Stefan,

That would be great!!! I tried and followed the tutorial you sent me and things are improving. But as you perhaps guess I am no computer expert so for me it is tricky to install the settings O.K.

I am always afraid I will make a mess of it. So if you please can send me your camera setup, I am verry happy.

Archived