How many PBD can be inserted

raptor84

Hello,

I wanted to know how many PBD (Place/Bearing/Distance) can be inserted into the MCDU on Sec F-PLN page???

As per the attached EOSID chart, I was attempting to insert the routing from SCEL rwy 17L for an engine out procedure. I was able to insert 1 PBD (AMB/172/4) however, when I wanted to insert a couple more (i.e. AMB/220/17 or PBD01/220/17) the MCDU told me "NOT ALLOWED"

Also, when it comes to intersecting a radial as described in this procedure, how would one insert that?? I know in the A320 FCOM, it says:

The pilot can identify a waypoint by: 1). A Place-Bearing/Place-Bearing (PBX). The waypoint is defined by the interception of 2 radials from 2 places.

Thanks

Using

P3Dv4.5

A320 Prof. (1.3.1 I think but haven't updated to newest version yet)

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

PD:

enter ident/dist 

PBD: 

enter ident/bearing/dist

PBX:

enter ident1-bearing/ident2-bearing 

20 or 99 PilotWaypoint can be stored depending on FMS standard.

I just tried. No problem to enter

AMB/172/4 and

AMB/200/17

8 hours ago, masterhawk said:

I just tried. No problem to enter

AMB/172/4 and

AMB/200/17

Thanks for the tips masterhawk. I did try all PD entries (PD, PBD, PBX) and it wasn't working for me when I wanted to insert the second waypoint (AMB/200/17). Just kept getting "NOT ALLOWED" Now that I updated to the current version (v1.4.2) I'm going to try again.

Archived