March's Screenshot Contest: Heavy Metal

• Deputy Sheriffs

For March we'll keep it simple - Heavy Metal of any type (Boeing, Airbus, McDonald Douglas, etc.)

Setting up for the flare with everything hanging out
Aircraft:  Flgiht Factor B767
Simulator:  X-Plane 11.5x

Please login to display this image.

Taxiing to RW 28R at CYUL
Aircraft:  Aerosoft A330
Simulator:  Prepar3D v4.5

Awaiting taxi instructions at Washington Dullus International
Aircraft:  Aerosoft A330

Holding in a remote spot while making final corrections with Flight Dispatch
Aircraft:  iniBuilds A300
Simulator:  X-Plane 11.5x

Firmly planted on RW 07 at V.C.Bird International
Aircraft:  PMDG B772
Simulator:  FSX

Getting her down in the city of brotherly love - KPHL
Aircraft:  CS 777
Simulator:  FSX

Getting ready to back-taxi on RW 28 in St. Marteen
Aircraft:  B744 QOS

As Always   - All participants are ONLY allowed 1 image if you post more than one - ONLY the first entry will be judged and the others deleted.

Users are allowed to change their posted image up until the time frame allowing you to do so expires.  If you fail to post an image based on the theme of the month, it is very likely that the image will not be considered during "judgment day".

This a multi-sim platform for your images as we also welcome X-Plane, DCS, Infinite Flight and even AeroFly images.

Good luck to all participants.

9 hours ago, kroswynd said:

For March we'll keep it simple - Heavy Metal of any type (Boeing, Airbus, McDonald Douglas, etc.)

Can historic jets such as 707s or Comets or l-1101s or old prop irons such as DC-7, DC-6, DC-4 and Constellations be considered as heavy metal, please?  Do not want to break screenshot contest rules

Regards,

Aharon

2 hours ago, Aharon said:

Can historic jets such as 707s or Comets or l-1101s or old prop irons such as DC-7, DC-6, DC-4 and Constellations be considered as heavy metal, please?  Do not want to break screenshot contest rules

Regards,

Aharon

Any aircraft which has been assigned a maximum takeoff weight (MTOW) rating of 136 tonnes (300,000 lb) or more.

19 hours ago, edetroit said:

Any aircraft which has been assigned a maximum takeoff weight (MTOW) rating of 136 tonnes (300,000 lb) or more.

Really?? That is definition of metal heavy????  Even though 707s and DC-8s easily qualify to meet this weight requirement, I find it bit odd to exclude heavy props such as Constellations because metal heavy is same as old iron.

Oh well......

Regards,

Aharon

Leaving Melbourne with this 747-400F almost with MTOW during the last light of the day for a long flight through the night to Hong Kong:

Dear Simmers!

Thank you @edetroit for the heads-up for this month's screenshot theme is super exciting!

Here goes my entry from good old FS9 with this Beauty & the Beast "Antonov Ruslan - AN124 Volga-Denper(RA-82044)" with this gorgeous photorealistic textures by none other than Mr.Edward Cox(edetroit) himself and thank you for all his efforts and motivation. 

All the Best to everyone and really happy to see loads of best screenies coming up on this thread.

Best Regards,

SS

• 2 weeks later...

This should meet requirement of minimum of 300,000 pounds of MTOW for this month screenshot contest while demonstrating my suggestion for dirt detail theme for next month screenshot contest.

This plane is above some suburb of london after take off from Heathrow for flight to Nice, France

lf1.jpg

New, but with a wiff of nostalgia! No payware heavy metal for MSFS just yet, so the 747-8i will have to suffice!

FSX plus photoreal scenery 

The great advantage of FSX plus photoreal sceneries: the photoreal landscape textures are stored on the PC drive (HDD / SSD), so you can see all the details immediately, no matter how fast is your internet connection.

By the way: I don't have any O..x sceneries and I don't have stutterings. Because there is no O..x Central spying the PC drives and phoning home.

Good luck to everybody and always safe landings
Torsten

The classic heavy that cemented my FS journey and will always be in my heart. And she still flies today....touching down at Frankfurt Main where she is a regular.

• 1 month later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs
On 3/31/2021 at 6:20 PM, edetroit said:

The classic heavy that cemented my FS journey and will always be in my heart. And she still flies today....touching down at Frankfurt Main where she is a regular.

Congratulations to Edetroit on winning March's Sceenshot Contest - Epic capture

Email to follow shortly

• kroswynd unlocked this topic
  • kroswynd unfeatured this topic
  • Tom unpinned this topic

Archived