I purchased the Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Officer Pack Joystick and Quadrant to use with the CRJ

Jetjockey10

Delivery was only a couple of days and I replaced my old trusty Saitek X-52 Pro in a matter of minutes.  Practically no setup was required.  I understand the EFB in the CRJ will have tools for throttle calibration and switch assignments.  This will make things easy.

I ordered the two addon units for the Quadrant that adds the Flaps, Parking Brake, Spoilers handle, Gear knob, and a few other switches, but, these are on backorder, with no promised date in sight.  I have all the full sized Saitek/Logitech panels plus 8 FIPS that all work with MSFS still installed so I have the AP, gear, flaps, etc available until the new Airbus stuff arrives.

If anyone has any hints or suggestions for key assignments for the Side Stick I would be interested in hearing them.  I actually like the X-52 button arrangement for the stick much better, especially the elevator trim buttons and cockpit/external view switch.  I am not a fan of having to use 3 hands for takeoffs and approaches.  The Airbus design is awkward in that respect with only 3 switches and a hat switch within easy reach.

Please login to display this image.

Regards,

Ray

• 2 weeks later...

Archived