Are we going to request new liveries/repaints here?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, PaintSplasher said:

So am I right, the paint kit comes not with the release and comes available in a few days/weeks/month?

We'll se. I've asked for me free copy (i translated the manuals into norwegian) and when I get it I'll se if there's a paint kit or at the very least a completely white livery, a blank canvas to start from.

Requesting America West Express! Such a great livery. America West flew some of the first CRJ-700s in the US. These jets were operated by Freedom Airlines, a subsidiary of Mesa Airlines. Below are links to screenshots of N507MJ which later went into service with Mesa on a United Express contract (my second request - the UA battleship gray livery also looked great on the CRJ700!).

N507MJ operated by Freedom Airlines d/b/a America West Express:

https://www.airliners.net/photo/America-West-Express-Freedom-Airlines/Bombardier-CRJ-701ER-CL-600-2C10/518793?qsp=eJwtjc0KwjAQhN9lzx4UUaG3ehT8OfgCy2aogdiEzRYspe/uGrwN33zMLCR5NHzsORdQRxWs8qINFVZ%2BV%2BoWUgyxmrLFPPZiEyf3boft6Xpxr2a18%2BwksKEXQTGEP79rgP4qVGmTg1/sPEAfLdP%2B6DzEWhK3DRjHROv6BUVxMhk%3D

N507MJ operated by Mesa Airlines d/b/a United Express:

https://www.airliners.net/photo/United-Express-Mesa-Airlines/Bombardier-CRJ-701ER-CL-600-2C10/1865657?qsp=eJwtjc0KwjAQhN9lzx4UUaG3ehT8OfgCy2aogdiEzRYspe/uGrwN33zMLCR5NHzsORdQRxWs8qINFVZ%2BV%2BoWUgyxmrLFPPZiEyf3boft6Xpxr2a18%2BwksKEXQTGEP79rgP4qVGmTg1/sPEAfLdP%2B6DzEWhK3DRjHROv6BUVxMhk%3D

On 3/17/2021 at 2:07 AM, Citation X said:

Can someone make or upload a blank or all white livery? I wish to simulate corporate ops. Thanks!

An all white (blank) livery is available for download here.  Aerosoft CRJ 700 Blank • Microsoft Flight Simulator

The list of new liveries is growing rapidly.  I wonder what they are using for a paintkit.

Regards,

Ray

On 3/18/2021 at 2:32 PM, Jetjockey10 said:

I wonder what they are using for a paintkit.

See, here's where the misconceptions come in. You don't need a paint kit to make a livery for an existing aircraft. For instance: MS/ASOBO never released a paint kit for the default A320 Neo, yet there are hundreds of liveries for it. There is a 3rd party paint kit but it was made after some of the liveries, how were the liveries made?

Please login to display this image.

This is the front section of my most recent livery (The pre-2019 SAS livery) These files exist and look pretty similar to the default liveries, essentially how I made the background white here (and sort of made my own paint kit) was that I started with the default Lufthansa livery and then filled in the Lufthansa branding with the white colors found around the logo. The benefits of having a paint kit is the documentation of where on the immage(s) what you're trying to edit is. The lower red part of the immage above is the engines. I haven't seen the engines edited in a lot of the liveries, so I didn't know what it was. I downloaded the preview of the manual for the paint kit and there was a map that showed what parts were in what files, then I managed to find them.

As long as you can figure out where things are, you can make a livery without a paint kit.

On 3/16/2021 at 3:54 PM, Ccurrie5 said:

Someone has to make the basic Skywest livery for the 700, please. Very cool livery 

https://flightsim.to/file/10612/aerosoft-crj-700-skywest

Man! I was in the process of making this livery and then I found that someone else did it on flightsim.to! I mean... To their credit they-are-quick! Almost too quick

2 hours ago, riskas123 said:

See, here's where the misconceptions come in. You don't need a paint kit to make a livery for an existing aircraft. For instance: MS/ASOBO never released a paint kit for the default A320 Neo, yet there are hundreds of liveries for it. There is a 3rd party paint kit but it was made after some of the liveries, how were the liveries made?

This is the front section of my most recent livery (The pre-2019 SAS livery) These files exist and look pretty similar to the default liveries, essentially how I made the background white here (and sort of made my own paint kit) was that I started with the default Lufthansa livery and then filled in the Lufthansa branding with the white colors found around the logo. The benefits of having a paint kit is the documentation of where on the immage(s) what you're trying to edit is. The lower red part of the immage above is the engines. I haven't seen the engines edited in a lot of the liveries, so I didn't know what it was. I downloaded the preview of the manual for the paint kit and there was a map that showed what parts were in what files, then I managed to find them.

As long as you can figure out where things are, you can make a livery without a paint kit.

Thanks for the update. Yes, I understand how it is done and also how time consuming it can be and also how frustrating it can be when you can't find what you are looking for because it was stuck in an unrelated area with zero documentation.  Good Luck, it will be long time before the community slow down on requesting liveries, then the 900 and 1000 show up. ha.

Hey Gang, you almost have to checkin every day at www.flightsim.to to see the new CRJ liveries being added.  Looks like 4 or 5 every day, some really, really sharp ones.  You can request a specific livery, just look up front  - more than 3,000 total repaints are in the kitty already.

The NWA Express - Pinnacle Airlines  is one of the sharper one showing up today. A nice Skywest is available.  Check out all the freebies.

Ray

12 hours ago, riskas123 said:

https://flightsim.to/file/10612/aerosoft-crj-700-skywest

Man! I was in the process of making this livery and then I found that someone else did it on flightsim.to! I mean... To their credit they-are-quick! Almost too quick

True, but you should still have a go at uploading your version so that people have the option to choose which livery seems better, plus you could see which details are missing in the liveries there then implement them in your own creation 🙂

2 hours ago, Anthony Mawaya II said:

True, but you should still have a go at uploading your version so that people have the option to choose which livery seems better, plus you could see which details are missing in the liveries there then implement them in your own creation 🙂

Meh, I think one livery per RL livery is enough for now (I say per livery instead of per airline since I've already made two SAS liveries lol). I think it's good to focus on making the onces that haven't been released for nowm such as west air and Hawaiian, even though none of them operate the 700 it's a fun plane to fly in those regions.

On 3/6/2021 at 3:46 AM, Jetjockey10 said:

Great.  Thanks for the positive reply.  Here is an overlay to highlight the differences in the B717 and CRJ700.  More similarities than differences.

I decided against trying to align the textures on the engines to the fuselage. It'd be really hard... Also, it's an adapted livery either way so I can take some freedoms I suppose.

1 hour ago, riskas123 said:

I decided against trying to align the textures on the engines to the fuselage. It'd be really hard... Also, it's an adapted livery either way so I can take some freedoms I suppose.

Absolutely. Total freedoms are fully expected.  Lots of folks will be flying the Hawaiian Islands when this livery is available.Thanks.

Ray

32 minutes ago, Jetjockey10 said:

Lots of folks will be flying the Hawaiian Islands when this livery is available.Thanks.

Ray

It is available, just press the download button.

Would love to see the new Air Canada Express (operated by jazz) livery. They currently only operate the 200 and 900, but given that the 550/700 is all that’s available for MSFS right now it’ll have to do as a sub. An AC Express repaint would be superbly appreciated by those of us flying in Canada.

48 minutes ago, medic1030 said:

Would love to see the new Air Canada Express (operated by jazz) livery. They currently only operate the 200 and 900, but given that the 550/700 is all that’s available for MSFS right now it’ll have to do as a sub. An AC Express repaint would be superbly appreciated by those of us flying in Canada.

I have some free time now and that looks like a pretty easy livery to make, give me until tomorrow (utc+1) and I'll probably have something ready.

Archived