Hi,

Already posted this some months ago but there are almost no good videocards available in the whole world.  

I have the possibility to have a not so expensive videocard Radeon 6900 XT. I would like to know your inputs. It costs 1600 euros.People say that it gets hot quite easy and it is not so good for MSFS... 

To buy or not to buy? 

(all the other components would come but the first important thing due to high demand all over the world is to find a good videocard)

Just to give you an idea of the scalper's profit, the MSRP for the 6900XT is $999 (from AMD). 

Also, in regards to your questions, I am not sure who "people say", but a number of review sites online say that you can fry and egg from the heat from a 3090 who can use 350 watts versus the 6900XT's of 300. And apparently one consideration of AMD's using GDDR6 vs GDDR6x (other than availability of course) was heat generation. GDDR6X runs much hotter. With either, you do need good cooling, there are some new cooling technologies that will be soon available. Anyway, just make sure you have a good case cooling system because both dump heat inside the case and enjoy your choice!

On 3/4/2021 at 10:29 PM, sky king said:

Just to give you an idea of the scalper's profit, the MSRP for the 6900XT is $999 (from AMD). 

Also, in regards to your questions, I am not sure who "people say", but a number of review sites online say that you can fry and egg from the heat from a 3090 who can use 350 watts versus the 6900XT's of 300. And apparently one consideration of AMD's using GDDR6 vs GDDR6x (other than availability of course) was heat generation. GDDR6X runs much hotter. With either, you do need good cooling, there are some new cooling technologies that will be soon available. Anyway, just make sure you have a good case cooling system because both dump heat inside the case and enjoy your choice!

Well, it is a good answer but I stay at the same point, which is: To buy or not to buy? I don't know...

Archived