X-Plane 11 CTD

My X-Plane 11 keeps crashing to desktop and the last line in the log is as follows.

--=={This application has crashed because of the plugin: Honeycomb Bridge Module Aerosoft GmbH}==--

I have had it happen about 5 times today, the first 3/4 times were whilst during setup, I hadn't seemed to do anything specific to trigger it, most commonly it happened shortly after turning my avionics on (Which I use the Bus1 and Bus2 switch on the Alpha for). This most recent time it happened during climb out, I hadn't done anything immediately prior, I had set myself for a climb from 3000ft to FL220 via the Bravo, but that was about a minute prior, at the time of the crash I was managing my RealityXP GTN750 via my touchscreen, opening the next set of checklists for transition and ten checks. I hadn't touched any of my Honeycomb hardware within about 60 seconds of the crash.

I was flying the Carenado S550 Citation II, I have attached the X-Plane log.txt file as well as the most recent .dmp file from X-Plane11/Output/crash_reports 

So far the steps i've taken was I completely removed all of my Honeycomb software, including the P3D & MSFS configurators, clean reinstalled the configurator, I had one not crash for a while after the reinstall (maybe 3/4 minutes) before I realised my headset wasn't working and had to restart my computer, then since then i've just had multiple crashes. This issue has only started happening since I plugged the Bravo back in, i'd been running the past week with the Honeycomb Alpha and Thrustmaster TCA Throttle Quadrant for the past 2 weeks without issues. The only main difference with the flight where I made it to climb out (probably 15/20 minutes before it crashed) was i'd disabled x-camera and my trackir headset as i'd plugged my headset in to charge whilst I setup. I re-enabled it on taxi-out so I don't think that is related.

I have attached my Alpha and Bravo profiles for the Citation also to this post.

A final issue i'm having is when I load XP11, the initial profiles it loads are outdated, it loads a version of the profile from when I was still initially configuring it, I use Bus1 for AC Bus on the Alpha, and the profile it initially loads, that switch doesn't work until I reload the bindings, but when I reopen XP11 the next time, it doesn't work again.

Log.txt 38a2d4d1-157b-444d-b3ec-9673daaa1683.dmp Citation II Alpha.json Citation II Bravo.json

• Aerosoft

Hi,

and issue has already been identified where the plugin could crash if a device was disconnected and reconnected, so maybe there is something like that happening for you where the connection to the device is briefly lost and reconnected. Please see, if that problem still persists with version 2.1, which will be released shortly. If it does, come back here. 

A final issue i'm having is when I load XP11, the initial profiles it loads are outdated, it loads a version of the profile from when I was still initially configuring it, I use Bus1 for AC Bus on the Alpha, and the profile it initially loads, that switch doesn't work until I reload the bindings, but when I reopen XP11 the next time, it doesn't work again.

This was due to the fact the some of the custom DataRefs might not be initially initialized when the plugin tries to auto-load profiles. So, with version 2.1, there is now a 3 second delay before it does that, which should solve this problem.

1 hour ago, BenBaron said:

Hi,

and issue has already been identified where the plugin could crash if a device was disconnected and reconnected, so maybe there is something like that happening for you where the connection to the device is briefly lost and reconnected. Please see, if that problem still persists with version 2.1, which will be released shortly. If it does, come back here. 

This was due to the fact the some of the custom DataRefs might not be initially initialized when the plugin tries to auto-load profiles. So, with version 2.1, there is now a 3 second delay before it does that, which should solve this problem.

Okay understood, I hope this new version is very shortly, it's a little disappointing I am unable to fly due to this, would trying a different USB-C cable improve the issue, or is the issue not with the USB connection itself?

I changed the USB C cable and also changed the USB port it was connected to, unfortunately it crashed still, strangely it seems to now do it at almost the same exact spot, just overhead Southampton right as i'm either just starting to climb, or already climbing from my initial clearance altitude, at the time it crashed this time I had just changed my altitude pre-selector to 7000 feet and was in the process of switching to the IAS selector to change my climb speed.

Weirdly since my original post, I left the sim running for around 2 and a half hours just sat on the ground, and no issues, if it was a connection interrupt i'd expect it to happen regardless of whether i'm using it, or in flight or just sat on the ground, but it only seems to happen when i've got the engines running. Anyway I guess for now it's optimistically waiting for the update in the hope that'll fix it and I can fly.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I've been experiencing CTDs for a while now with the Hot Start TBM 900 so much so, that with the help of Goran (from X-Aviation), I've trialled a fresh XP 11.53 install without scenery and without any plugins, and then incrementally, adding scenery and then the HC plugin. My first flight in the TBM after installing the HC plugin, it crashes. I removed the HC plugin, no crash. 

I'm now flying the default XP Baron 58 with the HC plugin installed to see this indices a CTD.

In the meantime, is there anything Aerosoft can do to investigate where or how the crash may be occurring? Is it possible for Aerosoft to approach X-Aviation to see if there is any collaboration possible to resolve this please? 

It means, that if I want to fly the TBM 900, I first need to remove the HC plugin (or disable it) which defeats the purpose in purchasing the HC Bravo.

I can provide the same files that I've provided to X-Aviation but prefer to do this via pm only.

I'm running a 2019 Mac, Vega 48 , 40Gb RAM, Big Sur (just updated the other day) and Metal but not Experimental mode.

• Aerosoft
vor 52 Minuten, aerox334 sagte:

Hi,

I've been experiencing CTDs for a while now with the Hot Start TBM 900 so much so, that with the help of Goran (from X-Aviation), I've trialled a fresh XP 11.53 install without scenery and without any plugins, and then incrementally, adding scenery and then the HC plugin. My first flight in the TBM after installing the HC plugin, it crashes. I removed the HC plugin, no crash. 

I'm now flying the default XP Baron 58 with the HC plugin installed to see this indices a CTD.

In the meantime, is there anything Aerosoft can do to investigate where or how the crash may be occurring? Is it possible for Aerosoft to approach X-Aviation to see if there is any collaboration possible to resolve this please? 

It means, that if I want to fly the TBM 900, I first need to remove the HC plugin (or disable it) which defeats the purpose in purchasing the HC Bravo.

I can provide the same files that I've provided to X-Aviation but prefer to do this via pm only.

I'm running a 2019 Mac, Vega 48 , 40Gb RAM, Big Sur (just updated the other day) and Metal but not Experimental mode.

Hi,

are you saying that the crash does not happen when you take out any other plane? Only with the TBM? You are running on the latest package version 2.1?

• Aerosoft

Ok,

thanks for letting me know. If you could narrow it down that it really only happens with the TBM, not also with other payware aircraft, that would be helpful in finding the culprit.

• Aerosoft

Hi,

well..so it really looks like some interaction with the TBM might be causing this. Unfortunately I am not on Mac, so my personal possibilities are limited, but we will discuss internally. In the meantime: do you have an X-Plane log for me?

13 hours ago, BenBaron said:

Hi,

well..so it really looks like some interaction with the TBM might be causing this. Unfortunately I am not on Mac, so my personal possibilities are limited, but we will discuss internally. In the meantime: do you have an X-Plane log for me?

I do but prefer to send via a pm to you - I’m at work now so can’t send til later 

Archived